PDA

View Full Version : how to fix the pp/gk tier

thereck
05-22-2013, 07:19 PM
The other tiers didn't create value for not playing, or even a definable value. PP/gk does both of those things making them amazing for secondary market value, but there are your regulars who are not amassing multiple pledge accounts for secondary market value, and they feel... disservice, maybe, from your last announcement.

the absolute best idea I could come up with for a pvp/gk tier fix - bonus %gold from tournament placing/wins. It gets us to play more, causes good will, adds value vs time played and rewards each unique player at the tiers equally regardless of the number of farm tiers. It even distinctiveness Rare drafting!

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 07:21 PM
It's not a bad idea. PP still doesn't need a buff, it is so much better than every other tier.

nearlysober
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
PP/GK aren't broken.

If you think the others are better, choose them

djlowballer
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Translation:

Give all pro player tiers an in-game currency (Gold) bonus for winning tournaments (all formats). An increase in tournament payout better rewards time spent playing while discouraging rare drafting.

Xenavire
05-22-2013, 07:24 PM
It doesn't need a fix - how is this not completely freaking obvious? THEY SOLD OUT. People wanted them, and payed for them well before waiting for the last goal - which was pretty obviously going to add something - just like every goal.

There is no reason now, nor will there ever be (since all the perks are known) so just get over it - if you don't like it, other people want it - drop it and make someone else happy.

I bet you wont drop it and get one of the other 250 tiers though - they are STILL worth less overall.

Pezzle
05-22-2013, 07:28 PM
The other tiers didn't create value for not playing, or even a definable value. PP/gk does both of those things making them amazing for secondary market value, but there are your regulars who are not amassing multiple pledge accounts for secondary market value, and they feel... disservice, maybe, from your last announcement.

the absolute best idea I could come up with for a pvp/gk tier fix - bonus %gold from tournament placing/wins. It gets us to play more, causes good will, adds value vs time played and rewards each unique player at the tiers equally regardless of the number of farm tiers. It even distinctiveness Rare drafting!

PP are getting a 1 year buff that costs them nothing! Please stop posting.

Mike411
05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
PP/GK is not broken, we didn't lose anything. We gained set 2 boosters. If any PP/GK is upset about it, I say to them, please cancel your pledge (and if it's paypal, CZE should be happy to help refund you per Cory's KS update) and I'm sure one of the kickstarter snipers will be very happy. Make someone else's day :P

Edit: There's a reason it's called donate/pledge and not purchase. Just sayin'

RECHiD
05-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Pro Players and GK got a HUGE buff in this last one - Guaranteed more people to play in drafts with you!

Seems like a win to me.

thereck
05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Translation:

Give all pro player tiers an in-game currency (Gold) bonus for winning tournaments (all formats). An increase in tournament payout better rewards time spent playing while discouraging rare drafting.

this is why they don't let me deliver presentations, you have a way with words.

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 07:40 PM
So winning a bunch of boosters worth plat isn't enough motivation against rare drafting, so we need to give them bonus PvE currency? Winning already has a significant reward. Snagging 2 boosters just for winning the first match in a casual draft should be plenty to at least try and play out a match.

Daer
05-22-2013, 07:42 PM
PP and GK are fine how they are.

Gorgol
05-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Don't fix what isn't broken

Kami
05-22-2013, 07:51 PM
PP/GK don't need buffs. They're fine. >_>

Grissnap
05-22-2013, 07:53 PM
How to fix: keep them as they are.
PP has infinity more drafts than other 250 tiers.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 07:54 PM
I agree, PP and GK are fine as is. I love my GK pledge.

BigDog
05-22-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree, PP and GK are fine as is. I love my GK pledge.

/Signed at GK as well. PP isn't broken, Other people gaining value does not diminish PP value.

Madican
05-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes it does when the PP tier's bonus was given to the others.

GK's really don't have room to talk when you're already getting every bonus. Solo PP tiers however see their bonus going to the other tiers and they don't get any PvE bonus to speak of in return. You can say that the free draft is theirs for life, but so are are bonuses for the other tiers.

They could have buffed the other tiers in a way that doesn't copy another one.

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 08:11 PM
No reason to fix something that will get snatched up instantly should someone drop it. Supply and demand rule all here.

thereck
Why not fix things for people who think differently? does it take value from you?

Gwaer
the other bonuses don't equate to 300+ dollars every year... if you play for 10 years that's over 3,000 on a $250 pledge... The other tiers still only get 300 bucks, which just serves to cover the initial cost of the investment same as the first year does for PP people.

Miwa
05-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Another GK here that doesn't see anything broken. If another tier looks better, it's 2 mouse click to change from GK or PP to anything else.

Which the whiners wont do, because they aren't giving up lifetime benefits, or the opportunity to sell their accts in a year.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes it does when the PP tier's bonus was given to the others.

GK's really don't have room to talk when you're already getting every bonus. Solo PP tiers however see their bonus going to the other tiers and they don't get any PvE bonus to speak of in return. You can say that the free draft is theirs for life, but so are are bonuses for the other tiers.

They could have buffed the other tiers in a way that doesn't copy another one.

1 free year does not devalue your free for the entire games lifespan. In fact, if it brings more players to the table and offers a larger tournament pool it helps you out. It helps Crypto out by maybe converting some of those F2P people into drafters, you get more players, and once their year is out you still get all your free drafts.

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
DL, GK, PP`s... I`m happy. Was happy before goal was funded

Genocidal
05-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some extra Beta invites for the Guild Master tier (and in turn everything above it) since they're supposed to be in charge of a guild, which would be awful lonely if their friends haven't pledged.

thereck
05-22-2013, 08:19 PM
the other bonuses don't equate to 300+ dollars every year... if you play for 10 years that's over 3,000 on a $250 pledge... The other tiers still only get 300 bucks, which just serves to cover the initial cost of the investment same as the first year does for PP people.

so would you be angry that certain bidders are receiving too much for their bids?

thereck
05-22-2013, 08:22 PM
1 free year does not devalue your free for the entire games lifespan. In fact, if it brings more players to the table and offers a larger tournament pool it helps you out. It helps Crypto out by maybe converting some of those F2P people into drafters, you get more players, and once their year is out you still get all your free drafts.

I'd be super happy if they gave everyone that supported free drafting for life, but behind the reason they don't is that arguments flaw.

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM
KS hasn't even hit 1.5m yet what is all this talk about

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:25 PM
so would you be angry that certain bidders are receiving too much for their bids?

Absolutely not, early backers generally get a better deal, like the early bird kings for example. You can't get too much for your money, or too little for your money, you are free to change your pledge any way you like to the one you feel is the most valuable to you. PP is hands down the most valuable for the money by a long shot in absolute terms, but relative ones? that's up to each individual.

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Absolutely not, early backers generally get a better deal, like the early bird kings for example. You can't get too much for your money, or too little for your money, you are free to change your pledge any way you like to the one you feel is the most valuable to you. PP is hands down the most valuable for the money by a long shot in absolute terms, but relative ones? that's up to each individual.

I'd like a bff with Gwaer tier, relatively that's the most valuable to me.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:26 PM
$50

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:27 PM
$50

Can I pay you in packs

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Set 2+ packs only.

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:29 PM
:( deal. If you're a cute girl.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:36 PM
That I am not.

thereck
05-22-2013, 08:36 PM
this kind of all reminds me of a kitchen nightmare episode where they just scream at people to get out if they don't like the food :p

BigDog
05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
this kind of all reminds me of a kitchen nightmare episode where they just scream at people to get out if they don't like the food :p

Except your food didn't change, other people who paid the same money for an inferior dish have gotten an upgrade, but the food you liked when you first saw it and ordered it....didn't get any worse

Daer
05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Well between the forums and the kickstarter comments its only about a dozen people being vocal about their displeasure, everyone else seems fine with it.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Amy's Baking Company... Oh weren't those the days.

ratceo
05-22-2013, 08:41 PM
"It's legendary, so you know it's going to be huge!"
"And now, we unveil the legendary card in the pack! Behold! It's what you've all been asking for...."

15 packs worth $30

Kietay
05-22-2013, 08:42 PM
"And now, we unveil the legendary card in the pack! Behold! It's what you've all been asking for...."

15 packs worth $30

AND a week of getting to watch people stumble over themselves complaining. That easily makes up for the sup par legendary.

Gwaer

A huge boost of potential players to keep your investment strong into the foreseeable future!

Yep you nailed it.

Talreth

15 packs worth $30

Give me a break, they didn't say you'd get legendary cash value out of it. Seriously, if all you care about is money go play the stock market, not Hex.

BigDog

15 packs worth $30

Tablet support at launch is a pretty big deal.

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Wow those were a lot of quick replies.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Talreth! You taught me the maneuver I used in my post right above yours!

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Talreth, O mightiest God to grace the Heavens, Lord of All Things, Perfection Incarnate! You taught me the maneuver I used in my post right above yours!

And you thought I didn't help people out

Daer
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM

Tablet Support!

fyp

thereck
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Well between the forums and the kickstarter comments its only about a dozen people being vocal about their displeasure, everyone else seems fine with it.

well we could use a script to determine the validity of that. Or, we could go with a logic argument and say that a majority of the press like the new xbox one a lot, none of the gaming press mind you, but that's only a small minority of the press.

funktion
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Two years from now, assuming the game turns out to be worth playing, I'll be pretty happy with my pledge choice.

Daer
05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
well we could use a script to determine the validity of that. Or, we could go with a logic argument and say that a majority of the press like the new xbox one a lot, none of the gaming press mind you, but that's only a small minority of the press.

wat

BigDog
05-22-2013, 08:51 PM

You are correct. Lets use some empirical data to see if other people agree with you.

Is the Pro Player Tier sold out? Yes.
Are the other Tiers at the 250$ price sold out? No.
Can backers change their pledge? Yes.
Is the Pro Player Tier still sold out? Yes.

So everyone who could either back out or pledge a different tier has decided that the Pro Player Tier is still the best value in the $250 range even with the 1 year buff to the other tiers.

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:52 PM
wat

He means to say "Clearly it was a shitty deal, anyone who likes it is a moron and the only people who know anything are the ones who said it's shitty and if you don't think so you're a moron too."

ratceo
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Give me a break, they didn't say you'd get legendary cash value out of it. Seriously, if all you care about is money go play the stock market, not Hex.

The bitterness of tablet support as the legendary goal also influenced me. If i the goal was something that added to the game in a significant way. Weekly free tournaments for all with prizes or some pve mechanic/gameplay element. Even a t-shirt or any physical goods would been better.

Daer
05-22-2013, 09:00 PM
The bitterness of tablet support as the legendary goal also influenced me. If i the goal was something that added to the game in a significant way. Weekly free tournaments for all with prizes or some pve mechanic/gameplay element. Even a t-shirt or any physical goods would been better.

There isn't a facepalm.jpg epic enough for this post.

BigDog
05-22-2013, 09:02 PM
There isn't a facepalm.jpg epic enough for this post.

Disagree. The Picard facepalm is classy enough for all occasions without bringing those pretentious overtones to any situation.

Hadin
05-22-2013, 09:32 PM

Clearly two new markets to make the game more accessible to players, therefore giving this game a more substantial playerbase, is not a worth the legendary slot. You are welcome to have your free tournaments with prizes that floods the market, devalues your collections, and further distances the kickstarter players from those who didn't pledge. I, however, will stick to the option that makes sure the money I have put into the game retains its value.

Genocidal
05-22-2013, 09:54 PM
You are correct. Lets use some empirical data to see if other people agree with you.

So everyone who could either back out or pledge a different tier has decided that the Pro Player Tier is still the best value in the $250 range even with the 1 year buff to the other tiers.

Just as likely, people are backing out/switching and they're being grabbed by people who are multi-pledging and denying others the opportunity to move up.

MasterN64
05-22-2013, 09:54 PM
So much rage in this thread. BAAAAWWWWWWW I DIDNT GET MORE FREE STUFF BAWWWWWWWWW.

Come on guys they fixed the other 250 tiers added tablets and gave everyone boosters with it. Its not LEGENDARY but you can't compare cards in boosters to stretch goals

thereck
05-22-2013, 09:56 PM

the logical conclusion to this argument is that you lose the interest of a real player in exchange for a person to resell and devalue the gains of another pp tier on the secondary market.

thereck
05-22-2013, 09:57 PM
So much rage in this thread. BAAAAWWWWWWW I DIDNT GET MORE FREE STUFF BAWWWWWWWWW.

Come on guys they fixed the other 250 tiers added tablets and gave everyone boosters with it. Its not LEGENDARY but you can't compare cards in boosters to stretch goals

noone tells me how to feels my own feels

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Its not LEGENDARY but you can't compare cards in boosters to stretch goals

Uhhh...they made their stretch goals into a booster, visually.

katkillad
05-22-2013, 10:23 PM
They don't need fixed, feel free to drop your pledge and i'll pick it up.

gilby123
05-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Uhhh...they made their stretch goals into a booster, visually.

And sometimes you get a lousy legendary/rare.

Honestly, if they flopped at all, it's graphically on the goals. Make them all the same color, easily 50% less QQ today.

Liokae
05-22-2013, 10:55 PM

... you seriously don't think tablet support adds to the game in a significant way? Do you have ANY IDEA how much wider their target market gets with that included?

Genocidal
05-22-2013, 11:00 PM
... you seriously don't think tablet support adds to the game in a significant way? Do you have ANY IDEA how much wider their target market gets with that included?

Which is why it's crazy to think they weren't going to include it at all, especially when they'd already said it was coming at some point. The stretch is going to bring it sooner, but still not guaranteed at launch.

Liokae
05-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Which is why it's crazy to think they weren't going to include it at all, especially when they'd already said it was coming at some point. The stretch is going to bring it sooner, but still not guaranteed at launch.

Getting it released even a week earlier would have almost literally immeasurable value.

Fateanomaly
05-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Why not give PP/GK the same deal? This way PP/GK have no cause to complain and the other 250 tier get their needed buff.

Liokae
05-22-2013, 11:09 PM
PP/GK already have no reasonable cause to complain.

But if they really, really wanted to stop the ridiculous whining, then yeah, the easiest way would just be to change that bonus to be "1 extra stack of free drafts per week for one year to each account over $250". 1 a week for those not PP+, and only an additional 1 for anyone at PP or higher, regardless of how many multis they did.

Kitt
05-22-2013, 11:14 PM
No fixing needed pp and gk sold out obviously they are in the sweet spot to get people interested. The other 250$ tiers needed this stretch goal, which isn't even a lock. How else's would we get to the final goal without a boost to the remaining unsold tiers? Magic? You buying more tiers that obviously didn't peak your interest before the last goal?

Be happy with what you have as the pp and gk will pay for themselves in time and what other tgc can you say gives you so much value right from the start with no where near the amounts of guarantees we already have.

MasterN64
05-22-2013, 11:42 PM

And that's the thing it was officially declared that it was in the works. This just pushes the timetable ahead to a possible multiplatform release day one or near so instead of eventually possibly near sometime soonish.

Thanisse
05-22-2013, 11:43 PM
funny thing is they could have just given more boosters of set 2 and everyone would be happy-er :P
I am sure if the 30 $ boosters number wouldn't be so small , the people would be ok with it .

anyway , unsatisfied grand kings , feel free to get other bonuses :P
I may end up getting enough for a GK by the end of the month ... so ... it's a win win :P

katkillad
05-23-2013, 04:12 AM
Why not give PP/GK the same deal? This way PP/GK have no cause to complain and the other 250 tier get their needed buff.

Why don't you drop your PP or GK so someone who deserves it can have it?

Fateanomaly
05-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Even if i have it, i would waited until the stretch goal is reached.....

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:25 AM
How did this make it to 8 pages?

Fateanomaly
05-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Thats what happens when white knights and black knights fight.

Mike411
05-23-2013, 05:31 AM
How did this make it to 8 pages?

Because even though all $250 tiers gain value with that last stretch goal, the distance between #1 (still Pro Player and above) and the rest was altered. Some people have an issue with other people gaining value even when they themselves gained value and they're still #1 (and I'm amazed by it)

thereck
05-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Thats what happens when white knights and black knights fight. I literally refreshed this page, and was going to mention white knighting before I put my boots on :p

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Because even though all $250 tiers gain value with that last stretch goal, the distance between #1 (still Pro Player and above) and the rest was altered. Some people have an issue with other people gaining value even when they gained and they're still #1 (and I'm amazed by it)

Understandable. Nothing was taken away-other than the value of Pro tier, but that's arbitrary. Just more things added on for the other tiers so Cryptozoic can get more money, so they can better the game, hopefully.

You can't really make everyone happy, so I like how Cryptozoic is saying Fuck You to the Pro tier pledgers.

I was shitting my pants when I saw the update because I like it when others have less things than I have even though I already have more things than half the people who has things.

thereck
05-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Because even though all $250 tiers gain value with that last stretch goal, the distance between #1 (still Pro Player and above) and the rest was altered. Some people have an issue with other people gaining value even when they themselves gained value and they're still #1 (and I'm amazed by it)

again a basic misunderstanding strawman that represents how no oone feels.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:37 AM

your a strawman

Mike411
05-23-2013, 05:39 AM

You should explain why you think it's a strawman then. I'll rephrase it anyways.

People seem to have an issue with the last stretch goal. I don't understand this because Pro/GK didn't lose anything. What did change was the distance between #1 (still pro tier/GK) and the rest of the pack. So why do people have an issue?

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:41 AM
You should explain why you think it's a strawman then. I'll rephrase it anyways.

People seem to have an issue with the last stretch goal. I don't understand this because Pro/GK didn't lose anything. What did change was the distance between #1 (still pro tier/GK) and the rest of the pack. So why do people have an issue?

People who initially had more things now have less things compared to people who had less things than those people. Even though both have more things than half the other people who has no things. I'm surprised the people who has no things aren't carrying torches and pitchforks. I guess it comes down to Expectations.

thereck
05-23-2013, 05:44 AM
a player base who is only stating that they did not approve of the decisions of a company, is being constantly told that they just jealous.... How do you argue against an argument that is completely made up?

thereck
05-23-2013, 05:46 AM
the only people that are concerned about the playerbase are people making weird illogical arguments up, and stating it like the other side has said that, followed by how virtuous they are for having not said that. This is by definition a whiteknight setting up a strawman argument, and beating it to death.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:47 AM
the only people that are concerned about the playerbase are people making weird illogical arguments up, and stating it like the other side has said that, followed by how virtuous they are for having not said that. This is by definition a whiteknight setting up a strawman argument, and beating it to death.

Can you reword that like I'm 5?

Arbiter
05-23-2013, 05:50 AM
PP/GK already have no reasonable cause to complain.

But if they really, really wanted to stop the ridiculous whining, then yeah, the easiest way would just be to change that bonus to be "1 extra stack of free drafts per week for one year to each account over $250". 1 a week for those not PP+, and only an additional 1 for anyone at PP or higher, regardless of how many multis they did.

When you think about it we do get the same... They are technically also giving us a one a week booster draft a year that does not stack with any other drafts that we have :-)

I am happy with my pledge. I thought it was good value and bought before the 50 set 2 booster sweetener was added. I can't see that it is made worse by other people getting more for a change.

jai151
05-23-2013, 06:18 AM
People who initially had more things now have less things compared to people who had less things than those people. Even though both have more things than half the other people who has no things. I'm surprised the people who has no things aren't carrying torches and pitchforks. I guess it comes down to Expectations.

Nobody has anything "less."

Nobody even has anything comparatively "less."

And nobody who backed has "no things."

The value of Pro+ is, technically, infinite. Three packs worth of product per week for the life of the game, assuming you don't win a single tournament. The only limiter is the life of the game and the life of the player, and I'm not sure about the latter.

The value added to the other tiers is finite. One year of drafts.

While you could make the argument that Collector and Dungeon Crawler are also infinite value, the rate of that value is in question. Broken down into cards, Pro gets 2,340 cards per year (assuming no won tournaments), Collector gets 6. Yes, those 6 are "exclusives," but would they trade for 2,340 cards?

Dungeon crawler is a harder one to answer, as much of the PVE side is unknown, but we can make some logical assumptions based on released information in order to make a comparison. We know Dungeons are slated to take 5-6 hours to complete. I would assume this is a full run and not a speed run. We know they're incentivizing the full runs, so we can assume that's done with more and higher quality product. 5 cards and 2 pieces of equipment sounds like a fair assumption of reward from a full run. Since the run is 5 hours, we can assume a truly dedicated player who also has a work schedule can afford to run one run a day and two per day on the weekends. That's 25 cards and 10 equipment during the work week, 20 cards and 8 equipment on the weekends, equating to 45 cards and 18 equipment per week, which actually works out to a greater pure card reward for the dungeon crawler (2,340 per year PLUS 936 pieces of equipment).

HOWEVER, those 2,340 cards are all PVE cards, meaning we don't know their value. And the time investment to get them is MUCH greater, to the point that to keep up that pace, they wouldn't be able to have any other hobbies. Or personal time. Or vacation. Or be able to make use of the draft year.

Pro player, even with the other tiers getting the one year boost, is still the most efficient infinite value $250 tier.

DarkSeverance
05-23-2013, 06:29 AM
All I can say "There is a Pro-Player Only Tournament still". Free drafts doesn't mean other 250 tiers get access to this. I mean I thought that was why everyone went PP :p