PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading pledge level post kickstarter

Nikarja
05-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi, I'd like to know if I could still upgrade my pledge level after the kickstarter campaign ended?
or is the current tiers going to be locked once the kickstarter campaign end?

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:48 PM
They will be locked once the KS is over

Daer
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Well once the kickstarter ends you will be charged for your pledges so you won't be able to upgrade them. You'll probably still be able to purchase tiers on the website with paypal though.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Well once the kickstarter ends you will be charged for your pledges so you won't be able to upgrade them. You'll probably still be able to purchase tiers on the website with paypal though.

Well, not if all the tiers are sold out already...

Daer
05-22-2013, 08:59 PM
unlimited tiers tho

Malicus
05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
It would be reasonable to assume that they will stop accepting PayPal when they do KS as it isn't in their best interests to sell heavily discounted products post funding.

All boosters available within the game are potentially boosters they do not sell directly at retail as things stand with one year of free drafts on all 250 tiers and large number of boosters available at launch the first set in terms of retail income will be low, additional discounted sales will further impact this.

To be clear here Crypto absolutely must make profit on this game wanting/succeeding in this is not evil it is necessary.

Mike411
05-22-2013, 09:52 PM
I always assumed they would take the paypal stuff down right as kickstarter ends, even the unlimited tiers. I'm guessing it'll work like that, as they seem pretty serious about the whole exclusivity of kickstarter rewards thing, and they'll probably want to lock things down as they start crediting everything to the proper accounts.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Most KS games leave their paypal options open for a bit longer after the KS ends.

Hollywood
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
I just found out about Hex and would possibly be interested in Kkickstarting the $500 tier but it's already closed. The way I look at it, why would they have someone only give them $250 when they could have the same person give them $500?

Mike411
05-22-2013, 10:07 PM
I just found out about Hex and would possibly be interested in Kkickstarting the $500 tier but it's already closed. The way I look at it, why would they have someone only give them $250 when they could have the same person give them $500?

I'm sure they would appreciate the $500. You do have the option of combining up to 4 different pledges together, keep in mind :)

(see http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/484901 if you're confused about what I mean)

Hollywood
05-22-2013, 10:17 PM
The problem being thus; paying $1,000 for $500 worth of value. Granted, I understand I'm showing up late to the party, but a 100% price increase sounds quite unreasonable (even the "early bird" special for the $90 tier only went up to $120, a 33% increase). I've honestly never liked the idea of limiting the number of people who can kick start a specific tier for a digital-only game. The upkeep costs are so negligible that it doesn't make sense to tell people, "You can only give us so much money and then you have to give less."

Anyways, just my thoughts. Hopefully they allow additional backers who just got wise.

Mike411
05-22-2013, 10:53 PM
It depends on how you value all the tiers. Stacking King tiers is valued more than anything else to some. The problem with keeping these special lifetime bonuses as unlimited is that the people who have them will be profiting a lot off of CZE. There's only so many "free bonuses for life" you can give out and still remain profitable.

Nikarja
05-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Star citizen, Shroud of the avatar, those are the projects that I have backed and allow me to manage my pledge, upgrading it to higher level tiers (unless the specific tiers are sold out). I'm still waiting for an answer from crypto before i decide to back the project >.>.
I only want to know if I can upgrade my pledge from the lower tier to the higher level unlimited tier after the kickstarter ended.

Thelaasa
05-23-2013, 01:53 AM
To Nikarja, I found this on the kickstarter terms of use page: Backers may increase, decrease, or cancel their pledge at any time during the fundraising campaign, except that they may not cancel or reduce their pledge if the campaign is in its final 24 hours and the cancellation or reduction would drop the campaign below its goal.

To me, that means that you can adjust your pledge at any time during the campaign, but only during the campaign. Combine that with the statement from crypto that the kickstarter rewards will never be available again after the kickstarter campaign ends, and it sounds highly unlikely that you will be allowed to upgrade your pledge after the campaign ends.

To Hollywood: Upkeep costs are only 1 aspect that must be considered when determining the availability of different tiers of rewards. For example, the Pro Player tier offers 1 free draft every week for the life of the game. That means that every person who pledges the $250 for PP will get the equivalent of 3 boosters + tournament winnings every week without having to pay another cent to the company. The future health of the game, and the sales of future products, are other concerns that must be evaluated when determining how many of a certain tier of reward are available, especially when the end product in question has a major competitive PVP aspect involved. You mention that it doesn't make sense for the company to tell you that you can't give them more money, but in actuality they are doing the opposite. Every reward tier costs crypto progressively more money than they would make by selling that tier. Back to the Pro Player tier example, every purchaser has a value of $350 in just the cards that can be purchased from another source (boosters and decks), plus the $7 per week estimated cost of a booster draft. So, right off the bat, crypto is actually losing $100 just in tangible product in comparison to someone who would have bought it outside of the campaign, plus they loose an additional $364 every year that account is active and drafting. So, in summary, they aren't telling you that you can't give them more money, they are actually telling you that you didn't get here quickly enough for a limited time sale.