PDA

View Full Version : With PP gone - what $250.00 tier do you suggest?

Black_Omega
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
As the title says..

I am currently sponsored at the King tier level. I am considering upgrading my sponsorship level to one of the $250.00 level tiers, but not sure which one.

Suggestions? I am not sure between Guild or Dungeon.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Dungeon if you like PvE, Collectors if you like PvP. You get the guild perk from being in the same guild as anyone with the guild perk.

Goldenmean
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Unless you're desperate for more packs or really want to start a guild (and know none of your friends will get the perk), I'd say dungeon. We don't know for certain exactly how PvE looting works, but an extra loot drop is probably going to be useful well after you're level capped and no longer need 10% xp gain.

Daer
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Dungeon Master>Collector>Guild Master>Raid Leader imo

Black_Omega
05-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks. I see Dungeon Master is going down quick now. Collector looks good too. Have abit of time to figure it out though.

Appreciate the quick feedback.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 09:23 PM
I believe that someone has explained how the dungeon crawler loot works, and by proxy loot in general. Everyone will have their own personal loot after an encounter. there is no communal loot pool that people roll against each other for. dungeon crawler makes that loot roll twice. if there is a fixed reward they get it twice. It's very strong. if a raid boss drops a random card and a random piece of equipment and 2000g you will get 2 random cards, 2 random pieces of equipment and 4000g

Verdant
05-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Well, from guild point of view you either run a tight ship with friends, in which case you need one dedicated GM, OR join a large guild where GM is already in charge. In terms of other bonuses 90 bonus packs don't cut it comparing to double loot for life. So I'd say go for DC if you are even remotely interested in PvE, and otherwise look at Collector.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I will be dropping my pro player for dungeon crawler once we hit the stretch goal (not doing it sooner and risk losing it and not making the stretch goal and lose the 1 year deal on Dungeon Crawler). I'm sure others will swap as well. I know one dude just swapped from PP to collector. You just have to refresh the page after updates til you see an opening or wait til the end and people realize they can't afford it and drop. Otherwise, go with Dungeon Crawler if don't want the exclusives of the collector tier.

Black_Omega
05-22-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm 50/50 PvE and PvP. Once I get into the game it might change.. but that is why this is making the decision difficult. I shall sleep on it. Although the bonus loot is nice.

Madican
05-22-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm waiting for two things 1) will we hit the stretch and 2) more PvE information.

DC stands to be the biggest value of them all if the stretch is hit, but it all hinges on how PvE works. Does it apply to raid bosses? Where's the official statement on how loot is distributed? How long, timewise, are the dungeons? We don't know enough to answer the questions.

Black_Omega
05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm waiting for two things 1) will we hit the stretch and 2) more PvE information.

DC stands to be the biggest value of them all if the stretch is hit, but it all hinges on how PvE works. Does it apply to raid bosses? Where's the official statement on how loot is distributed? How long, timewise, are the dungeons? We don't know enough to answer the questions.

I was just thinking about that too.. Re: Raid Bosses, etc.. Even if it does not apply to them though, you still stand to gain significantly more gold, etc... from everything else then the standard players.

Also, if I am looking at doing PvP... the PvE items that drop are probably not as good in the PvP environment, correct? Or at least from what I have read. But I could be greatly mistaken. Clarification on that part would be appreciated.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
dungeons are quite long, many hours, single player for the most part, and have save states. So you don't have to do it all at once. You do have to restart the entire thing from the beginning if you die three times though.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 09:39 PM
In general you cannot use special characters, any items, or pve cards in pvp, though all pvp cards can be used in pve.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 09:48 PM
There will be tournaments that allow PvE cards to be used in PvP but they wont be the norm. I think we will be able to turn our PvE stuff into PvP stuff through Auction house though. Im hoping it is active enough to make the difference so that the swap is worth it money wise vs PP tier

MugenMusou
05-22-2013, 09:53 PM
You can still potentially get Pro Tier. But since others now become so attractive if I were you Collector or Dungeon.

Collector has great potential especially if alternate art cards are truly collector tier exclusive then once game goes to public, new players have never a way to get those card other than buying from ones who have collector tier privilege. Similarly, since you get two sets of exclusive cards, you can potentially sell one (not a right away) to new players who missed this opportunity.

Dungeon Crawler is good because if you gonna play lots of single player mode you can essentially half the total play time to get same amount of treasures. This is unknown factor but if enough people finds PvE mode is fun enough, important enough, there could be a good market on PvE cards. So amount you play will basically pay you back. Collectors who have money may not have time to actually play through to get their complete collection. So may be willing to buy cards out, which may not be as easy as just keep buying booster. So potentially PvE cards can get a great values. CoolAJ wrote a good article on his blog about this.

Madican
05-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I think the key thing to DC is whether people will be willing to spend platinum on PvE cards, thereby enabling a good DC to fund free drafts.

We won't know that until the game releases though.

Mike411
05-22-2013, 10:00 PM
When I read it, in my mind raid-dungeons would qualify. Because the name raid just means a bigger dungeon that you need more people for...

I'll make the lone argument for Raid Leader. We don't know how hard PVE will be, maybe some avenues of it will be as hard as heroic WoW raids, which were extremely hard without a top-notch group, at least in my experience.

Miwa
05-22-2013, 10:02 PM
I think it will be hilarious if DC sells out before we hit 1.5MM. The wailing and gnashing of teeth will be epic.

Mike411
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
I think it will be hilarious if DC sells out before we hit 1.5MM. The wailing and gnashing of teeth will be epic.

It should I believe. That is, if my feeling on how fast the numbers dropped since the update is correct.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm 50/50 PvE and PvP. Once I get into the game it might change.. but that is why this is making the decision difficult. I shall sleep on it. Although the bonus loot is nice.

At 50/50 I would say go DC. You can still get the cards from Collectors for PvP, they just won't be Alternate Art.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Raid is not a bigger dungeon, it's actually a much smaller dungeon with one big encounter that has multiple parts. like a bad guy powering up to his final form (strongest deck) or sieging a castle then fighting the royal guard and wizard king. straightforeward no more than 3 parts is what i understood.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 10:26 PM

DC selling out would be 204k towards the stretch goal. While we wouldn't get the stretch goal, it would be a huge chunk of it. I will be keeping my eye on it. If it gets below 100 spots left, I will probably swap to it from PP just encase so I dont miss out.

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Its good for people to have options amongst the 250 tiers. Anyone can currently drop Pro for any other 250 if they probably won't play for more than a year, someone will instantly take that Pro for themselves of course.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm actually seriously considering going DC even with me planning to play more than a year. You could probably do 1-2 drafts a day. 7 days a week. That gets expensive very quickly when only 1 of those is free a week. Are you going to draft once a week then log off? I personally will be doing dungeons and such once my draft for the week is used. So I think the DC is actually a better option for me now with the 1 year draft. I just want to make sure I get that one year before I give up my pro player lol

Genocidal
05-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Even if the Kickstarter matches its lowest day pledges from here on out the stretch goal will be reached. The biggest issue is that there are no tiers open to donate from $251-2499 which is going to make it slow going (as we've seen the day after GKs sold out) from here on out.

Vlahn
05-23-2013, 03:25 AM
I've chosen Raid Leader at the moment. Still tossing up switching to DM...

My logic in choosing Raid Leader over DM may sound a little na´ve, but hopefully it'll prove correct for me.

Reasons for choosing RL:
1) I will be primarily playing PvE
2) I will be playing PvE with casual friends who haven't paid out for high tiers often (So RL helps them out)
3) I want the dungeons to be fun as well as challenging, therefore the game is more about the journey than the end-goal of loot
4) I need to actually be able to reach and defeat the dungeon boss to be able to claim any loot (hence RL is better for me than DM)

I don't know - My hope is that some of the dungeons are going to be seriously epic - and that the bonus from the RL +1 Opening Hand as well as the constant effect will make the difference between a successful average of attempts and regular defeat. I'm not a hardcore player, so I think that gels for me.

Fireblast
05-23-2013, 04:39 AM
RL means you'll have +1 card and the blessing when PvEing solo :)

~

Arbiter
05-23-2013, 05:23 AM
It should I believe. That is, if my feeling on how fast the numbers dropped since the update is correct.

Dungeon Crawler selling out will happen before the goal is hit. To get another $350K requires 1400 unique $250 purchases. This will likely mean more than 1400 as a significant number will be King upgrades. While there will be some action at King or less, given the proportion at which the Crawler is selling to the others, it will be gone before the goal is met.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:29 AM
The Dungeon Crawler seems like a pretty good deal because you get more virtual stuff by spending more.

Voices
05-23-2013, 05:44 AM
I missed out on the PP :( Quite happy that they've bumped up the other tiers. As for what is best to go for now? Well, my initial idea was to have a strict focus on PvP. Haven't been properly competitive in a game for some time now and I thought that was what I was going for in Hex. Perhaps the Crawler is the best in terms of making money on the market with the loots and in that sense one can reinvest in the PvP side. Still, can't decide what to go for. Unless, of course, there is a PP to somehow snap up.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:46 AM
I think the Dungeon Crawler will be the real money maker as appose to the Spectral Lotus Garden.

jai151
05-23-2013, 06:40 AM
I broke it down a bit in another thread.

We can make some logical assumptions based on released information in order to judge Dungeon Crawler. We know Dungeons are slated to take 5-6 hours to complete. I would assume this is a full run and not a speed run. We know they're incentivizing the full runs, so we can assume that's done with more and higher quality product. 5 cards and 2 pieces of equipment sounds like a fair assumption of reward from a full run. Since the run is 5 hours, we can assume a truly dedicated player who also has a work schedule can afford to run one run a day and two per day on the weekends. That's 25 cards and 10 equipment during the work week, 20 cards and 8 equipment on the weekends, equating to 45 cards and 18 equipment per week, which actually works out to a greater pure card reward for the Dungeon Crawler (2,340 per year PLUS 936 pieces of equipment) than Pro (2,340 per year, assuming no tournament wins).

Vlahn
05-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Since the run is 5 hours, we can assume a truly dedicated player who also has a work schedule can afford to run one run a day and two per day on the weekends.

That's quite some dedication to maintain over an entire year! Wow. 5 Hours p/day is a considerable portion of time for most people I would imagine (when most PvP tournies are only 3 hours...), very few would be dedicated to the point of playing 5 hours PvE with the level of consistency over a year that your stats require. Still, I take your point, that *potentially* DC may be more profitable than PP over the long term.

Personally I am not thinking resale value, profitability, or long-term viability - I just want this game to be damn fun, accessible for all, with enough achievements and goals to keep any level of player focused without feeling bound to a grind.

jai151
05-23-2013, 06:54 AM
That's quite some dedication to maintain over an entire year! Wow. 5 Hours p/day is a considerable portion of time for most people I would imagine (when most PvP tournies are only 3 hours...), very few would be dedicated to the point of playing 5 hours PvE with the level of consistency over a year that your stats require. Still, I take your point, that *potentially* DC may be more profitable than PP over the long term.

Personally I am not thinking resale value, profitability, or long-term viability - I just want this game to be damn fun, accessible for all, with enough achievements and goals to keep any level of player focused without feeling bound to a grind.

Oh yeah, I was judging based on the equivalent of the crazy WoW power players, and the thread I nicked that from was one of the complaints of pro player getting screwed (so I was showing how much work it would still take for DC to match Pro).

thereck
05-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Actual player > double king is probably the best bet

thereck
05-23-2013, 07:07 AM
155 season 1 packs + 5 drafts + making a complete set of (x4) of the exclusive pvp+pve cards + a set of crafting materials + $10 + (extra garden) + beta account for your friend filled with decks and king heroes > 52 drafts+ 10 season 2 packs + most of the bonuses

jai151
05-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Actual player > double king is probably the best bet

Not really. The reason being it frontloads a LOT of set one cards, the set that is also likely to have the largest glut on the market. The other 250's sacrifice some of that frontloading for more sustainable value.

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 08:00 AM
So in the beginning i was going to pledge GK and Pro, but because life I'm going to be droping the pro in a couple mins, so if anyone who see's this in the next like 2 mins wants another pro go to the kickstarter now.

Edit: and it was instantly taken by somebody, good to see that all the complaining hasn't lessen the want for Pro