PDA

View Full Version : A call for some positiveness

arastor
05-23-2013, 05:03 AM
A lot of people found the "legendary" update a letdown and are complaining about it (myself included). This has resulted in a lot of discussion (which as a philosopher I feel is always a good thing!), but has also resulted in some negativity, so I thought it might be nice to make a thread for those of us who are complaining to let Crypto know that we still love them (in a totally Platonic sort of way) and are totally stoked about Hex.

Of course, this is not to say that we still wouldn't appreciate a token offering of Earth and Water (at this point I'm more annoyed no one picked up on that reference in the other thread than I am at the update ;) ), but we'll leave that discussion for the other threads (please?)

Anyway, this thread is just a place for us complainers to say that we're still with ya!

Rock on!

Grissnap
05-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Platonic!? Pshah, did you see how Cory dressed in the kick starter video?

warstriker
05-23-2013, 05:09 AM
I love what CE has done with the stretch goals. I pledged for GK and Pro and I am keeping it till the end. Those deals are epic and didn't need any more buffs. The fact that they buffed the other 250 tiers makes me very happy because this way more people have a change to get a great deal. I feel that this game will be epic and I wish them all the best.

cross09
05-23-2013, 05:12 AM
I LOVE the Tablet Support goal! If we hit 1.5 Mil quick enough, I am sure they will post even more stretch goals. They cant just leave the last 7 days without any stretch goals!

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:21 AM
The hex community is disappointing. I know the crazies make up the minority right now, but it's so unpleasant to visit the forums and coming across those topics.

warstriker
05-23-2013, 05:23 AM
@yasi We are just going to ignore your screaming text for attention.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:24 AM
I'm going through a phase.

Voices
05-23-2013, 05:40 AM
Cory, the Philosopher King?

Taurentipper
05-23-2013, 05:44 AM
=)

i like this thread, still pumped about the game tbh only thing i want is for it to come sooner. Hearthstone looks boring as hell and wow raiding is the only game im playing and getting bored fast. Give HEX now so i can cancel my sub and buy boosters!

Yasi
05-23-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm looking forward to this gaimes as well.

D34thD34ler
05-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Yeah positivity! Easier access may not sound as exciting as some benefits but in terms of what tablet play will do for the community and player access means more fun for all of us!

The 2nd set boosters are all bonus for everyone which is excellent and the free drafts, while not stacking (unfortunately for me), will make for a serious drafting population for 2014 and a major incentive to the unsold $250 dollar tiers to fill.

ursa23
05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
I am super stoked. In September my wife and I will be traveling to another part of the world, so my regular gaming group will be largely unavailable to me. I was hoping to find an online game that was fun, fresh, and most important to me, casual. In walks Hex. I haven't played a TCG since 1996, and I can see how the things I disliked about that experience would be mitigated by the digital format, while the things I loved would be enhanced.

I'm just a lowly Champion right now, though I'm weak, and will probably drop for King in the next two weeks. I will never hit the 250 tiers, and that's fine by me. I'm gonna PVE the sh*t out of this game, and Swiss draft when I feel like it. I cannot wait to connect with this (mostly) awesome community from far-off lands. This is going to be great!

P.S., went champ specifically for the CTS. I'm a PE whore.

Stok3d
05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
I am super stoked.

WoW! You're even more Stok3d than me :)

Seriously, I wish I'd have been part of World of Warcraft's launch, or MTG's Launch, and gotten in on the ground floor. I'd have saved a fortune buying that beta P9 or vanilla Collector's edition.

Hex is the shot I've been looking for--as this thing is going to be the next big thing. I'm going to enjoy linking posts like this in 5years and say the classic "Yep I knew it all along" :)

CoolGrayAJ
05-23-2013, 10:18 AM
A lot of people found the "legendary" update a letdown and are complaining about it (myself included).

I must've missed something in the past few hours, because everyone I know is pretty excited about the legendary stretch goal.

Deathfog
05-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Legendary stretch announcement has been successful for the PvE $250 tiers. Sales are way up, ie. double or triple in one day vs. the first 14 days. If anyone is truly unhappy, they can drop any tiers they have and within 2-3 seconds someone else will pick them up. Hard to take Pro/GK/DL tier holders serious in their whining if vast numbers of people are lusting over those tiers.

I got an early Pro and another when the mad rush began, I'm beyond happy with that choice and have no intention of changing a thing.

Vibraxus
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Let me put it this way, the second the date I get to join Beta is announced, Im taking that day off work...maybe 2 or 3 days depending on timing.

Im already thinking out how I plan to protect my keep, who I will grant the 30 packs to, how hard Im gunning at the Mountain King arena (I want those style points), how much I want to build a few constructed decks (Blood for the win ;) :p ), the drafting, slowly opening maybe 30-50 packs.....*drool*

Socks4615
05-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Well, as a PvE-oriented person, I can't say I was thrilled with having my Dungeon Crawler tier invaded by free booster drafts for a year, but I'll just pick up the cards I'd like for my decks each week and drop. Free byes for everyone! :D It's an annoyance, not something bad enough to make me drop my support!

And I'm really looking forward to everything else we've unlocked - all this extra stuff that's going to be in the game at launch; the crafting system has me really intrigued (and hoping for more information on it!). Looking forward to more info on the PvE as it gets developed. The entire concept of using TCG mechanics in dungeon battles just sounds so awesome. Way to go, CZE! September can't get here fast enough! (Actually launch can't get here fast enough, 'cause I know PvE in the beta will be kinda limited, but that's understandable.)

Twztyd
05-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Let me put it this way, the second the date I get to join Beta is announced, Im taking that day off work...maybe 2 or 3 days depending on timing.

Im with you on that one!

CoolGrayAJ
05-23-2013, 10:36 AM

I'm already planning to do something big :cool:

nicosharp
05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
This OP is so passive aggressive. LOL! This forum makes me want to stop funding Hex. Actually, maybe I will try to take more $250 tiers to beat the stuffing out of all these crybabies in drafts.

Thrawn
05-23-2013, 10:39 AM

The safer bet is usually to wait until you know the game is stable so you don't take a day off work to just watch a broken queue or wait for patches all day. For an example look at - almost every online game released ever.

Vibraxus
05-23-2013, 11:00 AM
The safer bet is usually to wait until you know the game is stable so you don't take a day off work to just watch a broken queue or wait for patches all day. For an example look at - almost every online game released ever.

Well there is that, but then again I get 6 weeks a year and currently have 4 weeks banked, so Im good. :) But I understand that connection issue...Diablo 3 took me 4 hours to connect, and I got to play for like 15 mins and discon again...lol

stiii
05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
The hex community is disappointing. I know the crazies make up the minority right now, but it's so unpleasant to visit the forums and coming across those topics.

Do these forums have a report function?

sonejidh
05-23-2013, 11:13 AM
I hope we make the final goal, it would be great to play it on a tablet so I wish I could spend more then the 85$ I did already spend on this game.

arastor
05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
This OP is so passive aggressive. LOL! This forum makes me want to stop funding Hex. Actually, maybe I will try to take more $250 tiers to beat the stuffing out of all these crybabies in drafts.
Wow... um... thanks? I actually meant exactly what I was saying. I am annoyed by the way the Legendary update was handled, but I thought it was too easy for everyone to get caught up in the negativity that was in the other threads and figured it would be worth saying that most of us complaining are still enthusiastic about the game. Is that passive aggressive?

Edit: Or to make it more straightforward: My goal for this thread was to say, "Hey, we may be disagreeing, but we're still all on the same side; we all want Hex to be awesome."

Hadin
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Wow... um... thanks? I actually meant exactly what I was saying. I am annoyed by the way the Legendary update was handled, but I thought it was too easy for everyone to get caught up in the negativity that was in the other threads and figured it would be worth saying that most of us complaining are still enthusiastic about the game. Is that passive aggressive?

Edit: Or to make it more straightforward: My goal for this thread was to say, "Hey, we may be disagreeing, but we're still all on the same side; we all want Hex to be awesome."

This seems to be the week for irritating players with changes involving the word Legendary. Additionally, Gaea's Cradle needs to gain more value!