PDA

View Full Version : Basicaction / quickaction

DrVanPorcine
05-23-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm I the only one to think that the terms Basic Action and Quick Action on the cards look like a single word (BASICACTION and QUICKACTION)?

houjix
05-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Alpha templates. They will probably have a space by the end.

Tathel
05-23-2013, 06:56 AM
I have been wondering why they didn't just use "Action" "Quick Action"
Basic seems pretty redundant

Fireblast
05-23-2013, 07:00 AM
I have been wondering why they didn't just use "Action" "Quick Action"
Basic seems pretty redundant

The basic is what they use in WoWTCG so they can put it on troops without having to say : use it only when you could use an action.

~

Yasi
05-23-2013, 07:02 AM
The basic is what they use in WoWTCG so they can put it on troops without having to say : use it only when you could use an action.

~

Hallelujah

houjix
05-23-2013, 07:07 AM

~

Which no one I know had a problem with, but why put it on ability cards when Instant was already there to signify that something was different about that card. Granted in Hex Basic Action is their word for Sorcery speed so they can clarify the issues with timing by making both the card type and the speed of powers by use the same word right from the start.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Which no one I know had a problem with, but why put it on ability cards when Instant was already there to signify that something was different about that card. Granted in Hex Basic Action is their word for Sorcery speed so they can clarify the issues with timing by making both the card type and the speed of powers by use the same word right from the start.

How about Constant. Isn't that "quick" action?

Parallax
05-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Constant is like an enchantment, it'll stay on the board and do a thing.

houjix
05-23-2013, 07:16 AM
How about Constant. Isn't that "quick" action?

If serious:

Constant means to put the card into play when you play it and it stays there until something removes it from play, like Enchantments in Magic, or Ongoing abilities in WoW. They can only be played during Main phase like Basic Actions and Troops.

Grissnap
05-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Well some constants and troops have powers, and if the powers on a card don't say basic action, then its assumed you can use it whenever you have priority.

4acrossisemu
05-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeahidon'tseewhatwassohardaboutusingthespacebarwhe nwritingitouttestcardsornotitlookswerid

jai151
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeahidon'tseewhatwassohardaboutusingthespacebarwhe nwritingitouttestcardsornotitlookswerid

Never programmed, have you? =P

4acrossisemu
05-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Never programmed, have you? =P

true but that's card/button art isn't.

jai151
05-23-2013, 10:20 AM
true but that's card/button art isn't.

It's a placeholder.