PDA

View Full Version : Estimates on how many womens planning on playing this game?

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm bringing up this topic because I've came across a lot of posts about men and their wives planning on playing this game together and stuff and stuff. Now, competitively speaking, TCGs has been dominated by the male race due to the nature of TCGs itself, so I was wondering if there are any womens planning on playing competitively in Hex. Relatively speaking, there aren't many things womens will be able to accomplish/find enjoyable in Hex outside of competitive. I'm not a sexist or anything, but there just isn't anything that womens will like in Hex because it's a complicated game that requires a lot of intelligence to effectively play it. I don't want to sound like a broken phone, but perhaps the AH will be more of their forte because womens have certain skillsets that will allow them to get the most bang for their buck and whatnot. I really hope that HexTCG cater to both male and female because I don't like sausages.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Rofl. Mods are gonna be busy with you

Tyrfang
05-23-2013, 08:16 AM
I doubt it matters, but most MMOs populations are male dominated. The imbalance has been shrinking over the years.

Daer
05-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Rofl. Mods are gonna be busy with you

Ban is a pretty simple thing to do, shouldn't take much time.

Kami
05-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Girls... Guys in Real Life?

(j/k)

Talreth
Girls... Guys in Real Life?

(j/k)

Girls in real life!

Yasi
I doubt it matters, but most MMOs populations are male dominated. The imbalance has been shrinking over the years.

I agree that the gap between male/female players has been less and less over the years. I'm just worried that Hex will be too complicated for the female audience. The gems, crafting, leveling, etc...seems like it'll be something that womens won't be able to grasp easily or at all.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
I agree that the gap between male/female players has been less and less over the years. I'm just worried that Hex will be too complicated for the female audience. The gems, crafting, leveling, etc...seems like it'll be something that womens won't be able to grasp easily or at all.

You kidding me? Gems? Women love jewelry

jai151
05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
You know, that's funny. From your earlier post I could have sworn you swung the other way, Yas.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:21 AM
You kidding me? Gems? Women love jewelry

That's hella sexist dude. Besides, womens love to sell jewelery for money.

Stok3d
05-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Little kid, you are an annoying troll. Go away.

Honestly, Utopian Chaos should not allow you in the guild as you really make them look bad. Simply put, I would never consider joining them if they knowingly accept ppl like you in there.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:23 AM
That's hella sexist dude. Besides, womens love to sell jewelery for money.

I'd argue that they'd be more of a consumer than a seller in that area. Saying women love jewelry is no more sexist than saying guys love sports. In general, it's true. Obviously blanket statements don't apply to everybody. But I think now maybe you're trying a bit too hard with this thread.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Saying women love jewelry is no more sexist than saying guys love sports. In general, it's true.

Touche.

That aside, I really hope they cater to both the male and female audience. I know they made PvE and PvP to cater to the casuals and more competitive players, so I don't see why they can't do this as well.

It's not even about male and female or casuals and competitive players. There is also age groups that I would like them to cater to. There's no way most 8yr old kid is going to be doing x, y, or z.

Lefto
05-23-2013, 08:26 AM
What's a "womens"?

caffn8d
Your first post was sexist. I know plenty of women who like the exact same things I do, and a fair number that are more intelligent than I am as well. Also... is English your second language? Because women is already plural.

Talreth
Touche.

That aside, I really hope they cater to both the male and female audience. I know they made PvE and PvP to cater to the casuals and more competitive players, so I don't see why they can't do this as well.

I would just like to ask what you might implement to make this game more womens friendly?

jai151
05-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Your first post was sexist. I know plenty of women who like the exact same things I do, and a fair number that are more intelligent than I am as well. Also... is English your second language? Because women is already plural.

The dude's an acknowledged troll, you have to...

Meh, you'll find out soon enough.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:28 AM

Feed him? On it.

Kami
05-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Touche.

It's not even about male and female or casuals and competitive players. There is also age groups that I would like them to cater to. There's no way most 8yr old kid is going to be doing x, y, or z.

So question:

What exactly do you think 'catering' to females would be in this game?

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:30 AM
I would just like to ask what you might implement to make this game more womens friendly?

Have another set of "mode." Where they have minigames like bejewel, platform games, farming games, etc...

Realistically speaking, I don't think PvP will ever be geared toward women, so I would like to focus on the casual aspect.

What I mean is have a casual feature that is even more casual than PvE perhaps. Where there are no Hex elements at all(cards, mechanics, etc...).

jai151
05-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Feed him? On it.

=) You don't starve a troll, that doesn't work. You just have to feed him the right way.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Have another set of "mode." Where they have minigames like bejewel, platform games, farming games, etc...

Realistically speaking, I don't think PvP will ever be geared toward women, so I would like to focus on the casual aspect.

What I mean is have a casual feature that is even more casual than PvE perhaps. Where there are no Hex elements at all(cards, mechanics, etc...).

So your suggestion is to literally make a new game for them. That's not Hex anymore though!

caffn8d
05-23-2013, 08:35 AM

Heh... yeah, just saw a few other posts. Noted. Usually my Trolldar is more sensitive than it is this morning. ;)

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:36 AM
So your suggestion is to literally make a new game for them. That's not Hex anymore though!

Kind of. It's the same principle with people who enjoy PvE occasionally dipping into PvP or vice-versa.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Kind of. It's the same principle with people who enjoy PvE occasionally dipping into PvP or vice-versa.

Okay, but the whole point of this is that you wanted to play with more girls. So how does giving them a separate game mode that's really only appealing to womens help you play with them more often at any significant rate? Unless you want to play those mindless games as well (but as a man, your intelligence would be insulted).

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Okay, but the whole point of this is that you wanted to play with more girls. So how does giving them a separate game mode that's really only appealing to womens help you play with them more often at any significant rate? Unless you want to play those mindless games as well (but as a man, your intelligence would be insulted).

I see where you're getting at, but think for a second. What's the biggest problem with most games? People will play it for a minute or two then are offput by all the complicated things and end up leaving the game. I don't see male players having that much of a problem with that. Womens on the other hand are questionable. Making things simpler/more enjoyable for womens is ideal in keeping however little there are.

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM

Yes make a bejeweled mini-game using the gems, on difficult you could add in the major and minor gems.

jai151
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM
/sigh. See, there you go again.

The Utopian Chaos bit was a stroke of brilliance. This is another hand overplay.

Kami
05-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Ahahaha... he's now giving three guilds a bad name and he's clearly not a member of either.

*LOL*

jai151
05-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Ahahaha... he's now giving three guilds a bad name and he's clearly not a member of either.

*LOL*

Just wait, he'll be claiming a producer pledge next.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:45 AM

The Utopian Chaos bit was a stroke of brilliance. This is another hand overplay.

I know! This is why I agreed with Kami in that he's an inexperienced troll. I think it is our duty, for the health of these forums (every forum needs a troll), to educate him on how to better improve his trolling so that he may more effectively fill his role.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:50 AM

I didn't want people to get confused that I belonged in Utopian Chaos(seems some were confused). I didn't want to give them a bad reputation for what I might say or do.

*LOL*
I don't belong to any guild.

jai151
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
I know! This is why I agreed with Kami in that he's an inexperienced troll. I think it is our duty, for the health of these forums (every forum needs a troll), to educate him on how to better improve his trolling so that he may more effectively fill his role.

I thought at first he had potential, the secret to a good troll is subtlety. Taking something and moving it ever so slightly over the limit of rational intelligence but not into wacko land. That's why the Utopian Chaos banner was brilliant. He just snuck it in, never acknowledging it.

And then bam, right into wacko land.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 08:54 AM
I thought at first he had potential, the secret to a good troll is subtlety. Taking something and moving it ever so slightly over the limit of rational intelligence but not into wacko land. That's why the Utopian Chaos banner was brilliant. He just snuck it in, never acknowledging it.

And then bam, right into wacko land.

Exactly. The blood magic thread was good when it started out. Because it's feasible that someone would be ignorant enough to think that. But then when he replied "wrong, wrong, wrong" etc. and didn't use the subtle logic manipulations to further his point.

Kami
05-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I didn't want people to get confused that I belonged in Utopian Chaos(seems some were confused). I didn't want to give them a bad reputation for what I might say or do.

I don't belong to any guild.

And clearly your reading comprehension fails as well.

"...he's clearly not a member of either." - as you quoted me.

KingBlackstone
05-23-2013, 08:56 AM
If Hex demographics are anything like WoW or other MMOs, we'll be swimming in women. Swomen, if you prefer.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 08:56 AM
And clearly your reading comprehension fails as well.

"...he's clearly not a member of either." - as you quoted me.

I apologize. English is not my first language. Some words are hard for me to transcribe in certain context over the internet.

darkbreaker
05-23-2013, 09:49 AM
This forum needs a report button. :X

jai151
05-23-2013, 09:50 AM
I apologize. English is not my first language. Some words are hard for me to transcribe in certain context over the internet.

Please, say it in your native language. Someone may be able to better translate it.

Socks4615
05-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Well trolled. Congratulations, you're on the internet. Here's a cookie.

OP_Kyle
05-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Locking this thread.