PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: keyword text ingame explanation

MrMcPippens
05-23-2013, 10:18 AM
The idea is so that when you are viewing a card, you can scroll over the keyword text to get an explanation about what the keyword means. For example scrolling over speed brings up a small window ingame that tells you the troop can exhaust on the turn it is played.

Boojum
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
This is one of those "gimme" features that should automatically be part of any digital TCG to leverage the fact that they can show more info as needed rather than just a static text box. I'd be shocked if it isn't included.

MatWith1T
05-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the fact that many cards evolve/spawn other cards that can't be acquired via boosters will require them to implement a pop-up function on card text. I would assume if they already have that functionality built it, they will implement it for keywords as well. Like Boojum, I would be surprised if this isn't already in the works.

OP_Kyle
05-23-2013, 10:36 AM
DONE!!!

Or, already planned... take your pick

ShaolinRaven
05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
YAY, thanks Kyle, the info is useful for new players or when a new mechanic comes out, but once the player base gets used to the key words the less text on the card the better. Once I know what crush, speed, rage, etc do I don't need them defined on every card, it keeps the cards looking cleaner and you only need info that pertains to that specific card.

Will also help with Inspire since you don't have to define Inspire on the card, just with pop up text so you can just have Inspire: Speed, or Inspire: +0/+1 without having to define Inspire, then put the Inspire ability in the text as well.

EntropyBall
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Similarly, I think it would really help if, when a card is going to create/reference a different card, you could mouseover that name to see what you are creating. I remember looking at one of the early Shin'hare reveals and thinking "I have no idea how strong this rabbit token is going to be"

Lochar
05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
DONE!!!

Or, already planned... take your pick

Let's go with Done. It makes it seem like we can suggest anything in the world and you'll incorporate it. Instead of out-thinking us. :)

OP_Kyle
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Similarly, I think it would really help if, when a card is going to create/reference a different card, you could mouseover that name to see what you are creating. I remember looking at one of the early Shin'hare reveals and thinking "I have no idea how strong this rabbit token is going to be"

Planned as well!

Hieronymous
05-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear this is going in.