PDA

View Full Version : How hard do you think the raids will be?

LordxMugen
05-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Now i come from the WoWtcg Raids (up to the Illidan raid), and depending on how the Raid Master played, the raid could be REALLY hard but also ALOT of fun. now Hex doesnt play EXACTLY like WoWTCG (havent heard anything about equipment or anything that would allow to make a solo deck.), but im hoping the raids and dungeons draw alot from those raids because they required a good amount of teamwork and special deckbuilding to win and it was really interesting how player and deck synergy could work to topple the bosses.

my hope though is that we'll get a raid similar to Molten Core. Thats probably my favorite raid deck in the whole game and it could totally beat you down if you let it, but when you win it was absolutely satisfying. what do all of yall think?

Yasi
05-23-2013, 11:25 AM
It'll probably be easy, but time consuming.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I hope considering the raid leader reward tier that they will be extremely difficult, to make raid leaders a sought ever group member.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:28 AM
I hope considering the raid leader reward tier that they will be extremely difficult, to make raid leaders a sought ever group member.

Yeah, so that they call sell themselves like tanks do in wow. Hawt.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
I love selling myself.

LordxMugen
05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
i love selling myself. hooker!!

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I love selling myself.

Are you GK?

caffn8d
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I hope they have a range of them. Some starting ones that are good for a group of casual friends to have fun tackling after just a few hours in the game. And others that are difficult enough that progression is mostly gated by having high enough levels and/or good enough equipment to get through them.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm currently 2x GK + pro + collector =/

I'll probably ween that down to sub $1000 before it's all said and done.

Vibraxus
05-23-2013, 11:35 AM

Oh my, somebody got pledge happy :)

Yasi
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh my, somebody got pledge happy :)

Or really dirty. I on the other hand, took 8x King because it's not going to affect anyone else chance of getting the tier.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:39 AM

Gotcha, yeah I remember you said you were thinking 2x GK sep accs.

Or really dirty. I on the other hand, took 8x King because it's not going to affect anyone else chance of getting the tier.

I literally cannot bring myself to place full confidence in anything you say.

Dratzl
05-23-2013, 11:52 AM
I really really really wish that raids are going to be super hard - im done with the freewin games where you rush through in bout 4h ^^

jai151
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I like the future goal of being able to be a raid boss. It'll just be fun to see all the people who call for hard raids try to make one.

LordxMugen
05-23-2013, 12:00 PM
I really really really wish that raids are going to be super hard - im done with the freewin games where you rush through in bout 4h ^^ taking a look at the older and newer raid decks from WoWtcg should give you an idea of what to expect considering theyre the ones who are making this game.

Stok3d
05-23-2013, 12:05 PM

Exactly. It's going to be interesting to hear ppl's reactions a year from now when they state "I wish I'd have pledged Raid Leader/Dungeon Crawler" instead...

cronedog
05-23-2013, 12:09 PM
taking a look at the older and newer raid decks from WoWtcg should give you an idea of what to expect considering theyre the ones who are making this game.

I loved molten core, onyxia and magtheridian. They felt like almost seperate games that just used the core wow mechanics to play them. The only crypto one I've tried was the lich king one. It was lame. I was 3 normal preset decks with super strong heroes against a lich king that played just like an overpowered normal hero. Fighting boss after boss in molten core was the greatest. You could tune the difficulty based on number and experience of players too ;).

Can you give me some insight into the other cryto wowtcg raids?

LordxMugen
05-23-2013, 12:16 PM
I loved molten core, onyxia and magtheridian. They felt like almost seperate games that just used the core wow mechanics to play them. The only crypto one I've tried was the lich king one. It was lame. I was 3 normal preset decks with super strong heroes against a lich king that played just like an overpowered normal hero. Fighting boss after boss in molten core was the greatest. You could tune the difficulty based on number and experience of players too ;).

Can you give me some insight into the other cryto wowtcg raids?i can do you one better and give you a database that has all of the new raids and dungeons!! http://www.tcgbrowser.com/ . as for the newer ones, apparently they went for an automated approach (the decks play themselves) instead of letting a player be the raid boss. it makes sense because the boss could just be a dick and attack the healer in the party so the rest of the heroes would die soon after (especially considering the cleric had some busted heal spells back then). i dont know how this affected the game since i havent played WoWtcg since they started that whole "Core" format thing. but i imagine many of them are still good for what they are. they even made dungeon decks too.

GhundiPI
05-23-2013, 12:30 PM
A healthy PvE economy will require some pretty difficult to reach goals, and one of those should be a few very difficult raids, but also dungeons in my opinion. If everything would be easy to beat there would be no reason for players to invest, and that is where it will begin to fall apart.

So yes, I expect some of the content to be unbeatable in the beginning until players have geared up with the proper cards, equipment, gems and leveled their champion up enough. And hopefully new PvE content will keep up with the set releases, to keep the bar high.

Diesbudt
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
A healthy PvE economy will require some pretty difficult to reach goals, and one of those should be a few very difficult raids, but also dungeons in my opinion. If everything would be easy to beat there would be no reason for players to invest, and that is where it will begin to fall apart.

So yes, I expect some of the content to be unbeatable in the beginning until players have geared up with the proper cards, equipment, gems and leveled their champion up enough. And hopefully new PvE content will keep up with the set releases, to keep the bar high.

On top of some being difficult, since playing them again would be good for trying to get more/better loot you want, it would be planned to fight them again and again.

And since each game you play, the starting hand(s), the decks the players use, and so on may change, it can put variation on win/losses.

4acrossisemu
05-23-2013, 12:39 PM

Pretty much this. I want world firsts to mean something, you need to build up that sort of thrill to capture the PVE guys. I hope a lot of it scales well from reasonable to pulling my hair out.

Vibraxus
05-23-2013, 01:06 PM
On top of some being difficult, since playing them again would be good for trying to get more/better loot you want, it would be planned to fight them again and again.

And since each game you play, the starting hand(s), the decks the players use, and so on may change, it can put variation on win/losses.

I read somewhere that they will be cycling the dungeons also. So maybe game launches with 10 in game dungeons, and 2 raids...and 2-3 months later cycle in a different set. I hope I read it right when I saw it because then a raid wont get boring just grinding. Plus as long as they cycle old dungeons back in, we still get to grind for the specific drops or whatever.

KingBlackstone
05-23-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm guessing they'll be pretty easy. Lowest common denominator, etc.

Kami
05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Nah, it will range from easy to exceptionally difficult I'd imagine.

We already know there will be AI-only cards which means that the AI will not be limited to what the player has.

There are many ways they could make this scale, increase the HP for the AI, better cards for the AI, penalties for player (less cards, less health), etc.

Since it's mostly mathematical, it may only be easy at the beginning but you're gonna need better decks/cards to survive the end-game. At least, hopefully that's the case.

KingBlackstone
05-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Here's hoping. If not, hopefully there's a way to increase difficulty through self-handicapping.

caffn8d
05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Especially if self-handicapping results in better rewards.

Hadin
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Especially if self-handicapping results in better rewards.

Given that they will let you attempt raids with 2 players instead of 3, I would hope that they have considered other options to increase the challenge, and the prize.

Redbeastmage
05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
One of the things I recall being said in one of the introductory videos was how in a typical MMORPG you can't have a raid boss just make a rule that says "players can't use swords", but here they can have alot of freedom for some broken things. I'm hoping to see something like Boss starts with "Quick action's may not be cast" in play, or "Interupt the first troop cast each turn" or "At the beginning of the turn, put a counter on this card. When it has 10 counters, [boss] wins". They mention dungeons having puzzles that feel impossible until you tweak your deck, which tells me they aren't afraid to just put something in front of you that can't be beaten with your standard deck.