PDA

View Full Version : Taking A Minute To Thank Crypto!

OmarEpps
05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
This Kickstarter Campaign isn't over yet, but I just wanted to take a minute to acknolodedge and thank Cryptozoic for doin' what they're doin'. I've never seen a company go above and beyond in terms of public relations like they have been.

They're super personal. Dude gave us his PHONE NUMBER. If you write to them, you WILL get a reply that addresses whatever you're talking about.

Catered to requests for stretch goals. We would talk, they would listen. Some stretch goals were things we never thought of, others were directly influenced by our requests. Just awesome.

Updates 7 days a week. Even on Sundays, they sent us an e-mail and kept us up 2 date.

Bravo, Crypto! Thanks for everything so far. Can't wait to play your game.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
You're the best celebrity impersonator I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'd like to thank you just as much as Cryptozoic.

Turtlewing
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Agreed. So far their customer support has ben excellent, and their product sounds more interesting every time they tell us about it.

ShaolinRaven
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I don't know how they have any time with trying to get this game in beta, launching some physical games, and still responding to people and reading the forums.

Thanks for being visible to your community even this early.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:36 AM
You're the best celebrity impersonator I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'd like to thank you just as much as Cryptozoic.

I don't know who Omar Epps actually is irl, but did you read his replies to Jugan? I'd hope irl OE doesn't say that

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 11:36 AM
This is very true, as much complaining that has gone on today, cryptozoic is doing an amazing job, and everyone is excited for this game to happen which is why we've all pledged so much money towards it. September can't come soon enought

OmarEpps
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't know who Omar Epps actually is irl, but did you read his replies to Jugan? I'd hope irl OE doesn't say that

Jugan is as terrible as the fedora that he inevitably wears.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM

I actually just got home from work, so I am way behind on the news of the day. Omar Epps was saying very positive things on the comments of the kickstarter last night. I hope he hasn't turned to the dark side.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Jugan is as terrible as the fedora that he inevitably wears.

Regardless of whether he is or not, I think your responses were pretty inappropriate and immature. But I'm glad you like Hex and I agree CZE is a great company with a great intentions.

Cooks
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Just here to thank CZE for the support and instant email answers :D
Support so far is awesome!
Can't wait for beta ^^

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Regardless of whether he is or not, I think your responses were pretty inappropriate and immature. But I'm glad you like Hex and I agree CZE is a great company with a great intentions.

Admonitions from Talreth are pretty serious, since he himself is a terrible person who I have had many arguments with. So I may retract my previous statements of praise. Still! Cryptozoic is great!

Daer
05-23-2013, 11:45 AM
CZE is awesome, can't wait for more info to be released and to start playing the beta.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Admonitions from Talreth are pretty serious, since he himself is a terrible person who I have had many arguments with. So I may retract my previous statements of praise. Still! Cryptozoic is great!

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23934&page=14

Start reading there

drachenfells
05-23-2013, 11:58 AM
CZE have done a great job of updating and keeping the flow of information going. One of the best kickstarters ive pledged to in that respect.

Mike411
05-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks CZE, try not to let a minority of people complaining get you down, no matter how much they spam the same thing over and over :p

D34thD34ler
05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you!

Floru
05-23-2013, 12:30 PM
This game is just amazing and it is not even out yet! :D CZE is doing a fantastic job keeping me excited.

OmarEpps
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM

Start reading there

Talreth I think you and Jugan should start a Guild and then never turn your computers on again.

Qorsair
05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd like to echo Omar's comments. (edit:From the OP, not the one he posted directly before this one)

Cryptozoic has done a fabulous job up to this point and inspires a lot of confidence in their ability to engineer a successful launch and continue to support the game afterwards.
Learning more about the company & its employees, and seeing how open, honest, and accessible they are with the community, just makes me more and more excited to be a supporter. It's also led me to increase the amount I'm contributing by over 200% through the campaign so far.

Keep up the great work guys! I'm excited to see what's coming!

BlindMan
05-23-2013, 12:45 PM
I'd like to add my thanks as well. I am continuously impressed by the level of interaction of CZE and their dedication to involving the fans. So many of the stretch goals, updates, and general information we have seen reflect that.

Excellent work.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Talreth I think you and Jugan should start a Guild and then never turn your computers on again.

Why?

jai151
05-23-2013, 01:55 PM
I've never had a game draw me in to the extent this one has with this little actually known. Hell, I've had ones fully revealed that haven't drawn me in as much. I view my investment as a solid one and can't wait until I can thank Cory in person.

nearlysober
05-23-2013, 03:20 PM
I crunched some numbers yesterday in boredom and at the time, after factoring out income from kickstarter CZE was giving away over $675,000 in product at launch. In addition to that, they're giving away over $624,000 per year forever in free product for the drafting tiers.

And don't say they're "digital cards" and cost nothing... there is a cost to each card and a loss of revenue for each one given that wasn't sold.

Pretty awesome of them.

Boojum
05-23-2013, 03:45 PM
And don't say they're "digital cards" and cost nothing... there is a cost to each card and a loss of revenue for each one given that wasn't sold.

Well, the cost is almost entirely front-loaded in research and development of each set, so the marginal cost of each individual card or pack is negligible. What matters is the total sales of the set, and CZE has obviously calculated that heavily rewarding early adopters will lead to a larger and more active community that buys more packs than otherwise. And the loss of revenue only applies if the player would have bought the packs if not for getting them for free, so it's disingenuous to count the entire amount as lost revenue.

The rewards are undeniably generous, but they kind of have to be to get this level of buy-in on an untested product. If the tiers were only offering a 25% discount on the face value of their contents, pledges would have been much smaller.

ForgedSol
05-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Yup, thanks from me as well. These daily updates and quick responses are fantastic.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I'd say thanks as well. Hex is shaping up to be in a pretty solid spot and thankfully fills a void that hasn't, imho, had any decent attempts at it in something liek 12+ years. Bravo, CZE, keep it up.

Kagim
05-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Start reading there

Hey. not to get into the middle of this or anything, but I just found it hilarious that In the link you posted Jugen bragged about being this awesome debater....

... Then cited ad hominem... Which in itself is ad hominem...

... Which makes me laugh my ass off...

Anyways, yeah thanks CZE, I'm hype as hell for the game!

Talreth
05-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Then cited ad hominem

No hard feelings I just can't help but fix these things

Daer
05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
They updated the reward tier graphics on the kickstarter page to show all the stretch goal rewards. That is a ton of awesome stuff, my excitement for the game keeps growing.