PDA

View Full Version : A Full Set

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I've finally realized what it is I would have like the legendary stretch to have been, a full set of the PVE exclusives. At grand King I already get 3 copies of all the PVE cards, and it's annoying that I'm going to have to trade so that I can get a full set. The PVP cards while I would like a full set of the alternate art it'll be much easier to live with a deck that uses the normal art then to run a card at 3-of when I really want it to be a 4-of. So if anyone at cryptozoic sees this then hint hint nudge nudge.

There you go there is my whine for the day time to find some cheese. Also if you're doing PVP and have extra copies of the PVE stuff let be know when beta starts and we can work something out.

Turtlewing
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Since they allow stacking up to 4 pledges you could always add a king tier.

But I'd expect that there will be a lot of PvP-ers trading sway their PvE exclusives shortly after beta opens.

papalorax
05-23-2013, 11:36 AM
People will need platinum to draft - so the PVE exclusives will be on the market....and cheap I would guess.

Hadin
05-23-2013, 12:04 PM
People will need platinum to draft - so the PVE exclusives will be on the market....and cheap I would guess.

I am sure some people will trade theirs, but many of the PVPers who are getting their exclusives are dropping $250, $500, or more into a game that is months away from beta. If someone has that kind of money to invest/gamble with at this point, my guess is throwing another $20 into some plat right away won't be too difficult.

Turtlewing
05-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I am sure some people will trade theirs, but many of the PVPers who are getting their exclusives are dropping $250, $500, or more into a game that is months away from beta. If someone has that kind of money to invest/gamble with at this point, my guess is throwing another $20 into some plat right away won't be too difficult.

At the same time there seems to be a lot of people who have absolutely no interest in PvE so they'll likely liquidate the PvE cards just because in their mind it's free platinum (or more boosters for a draft, or a straight upgrade to an alternate arp PvP card they're trying to get a set of, etc.)

Hadin
05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
At the same time there seems to be a lot of people who have absolutely no interest in PvE so they'll likely liquidate the PvE cards just because in their mind it's free platinum (or more boosters for a draft, or a straight upgrade to an alternate arp PvP card they're trying to get a set of, etc.)

I agree that some people will do this, but I don't see them going too cheap simply because of the cash investment required to get them. I would speculate that acquiring all of the cards a person needs to finish their playsets would be about as expensive (trading other KS bonuses, or purchased platinum) as just buying that King right now and ensuring they get it.

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Do the stretch goal PVE cards get doubled by the Stretch goal that gives +1 to each PVE exclusive, or does the +1 just apply to the cards in the tier description?

IndigoShade
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but after the amount I pledged I don't think I could in good conscious spend even more $ on the game for awhile. Not because I don't want to, but because I already spent more than I should have lol. Either way, I'm sure there will be quite a few people unloading their KS exclusive cards, although the one's from the Collector's tier might still be pretty rare to see for sale and fetch a premium, as it should.

nearlysober
05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
it's annoying that i'm going to have to trade so that i can get a full set.
mmotcg

Lochar
05-23-2013, 07:10 PM
TCG/CCG. Or more appropriately, $CG. :D

Corpselocker
05-23-2013, 07:12 PM
I hope that I am hit with a severe case of amnesia once the game starts so I can in good conscience spend money for plat.

djlowballer
05-23-2013, 08:04 PM

You get it. My entertainment budget is 2k per month so I am not too concerned with buying plat if I really enjoy the game.

MugenMusou
05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Hmm... Never thought about it that way. But that would have been a nice legendary goal for GK Tiers.

Madican
05-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Full set? I'm going to go for one of each exclusive because that's all I really need.