PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Shard and favourite Card so far?

wallofomens
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I wonder what everyone's favourite shard and card is based on the cards revealed so far.

My favourite rare so far is:

http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/img/cards/8hAZTtz.jpg

I just love "enter play" effects and this one seems so delicious. A 4 of in any blood control deck and a first pick in any draft!

And this is my favourite non-rare:

http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/img/cards/Thunderbird-215x300.png

An absolute beast, cheap flier that simply wins you the game if not answered.

All reavealed cards:
http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/

Talreth
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I find it weird that he's a named mob with no unique tag. Kinda bothers me.

ShaolinRaven
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't have a favorite card yet.

Favorite race: Shin'hare
Favorite Shards: Wild and Blood for the Shin'hare.
Favorite Mechanic: Inspire, which is why I'm actually considering a human deck, cause inspire looks like a great mechanic.

caffn8d
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Xarlox is from before they had the the card formatting/labeling all figured out I think. Hence the all caps name.

My favorite card so far is probably Orson's Dream. That's going to be a blast to mess around with.

http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/img/cards/OrsonsDream-215x300.png

Cooks
05-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Thunderbird for me!!!

Love blue, love the art, love the card :D

KingBlackstone
05-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Favorite shard has gotta be Sapphire.
Though I'm loving the Rage effect-- so cool!

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Wild: Pack Raptor in PVE, a 1 cost creature with equipment lets you draw a card, and gets +1/+1 for each other Pack Raptor in play and puts 4(6 with equipment) back into your deck so that you can draw more and get more in play so you can draw more, and repeat.

Ruby: Ragefire, deals 2 damage then the next one deals 4 damage, then 8 and doubles each time while getting shulffed back into your deck to be drawn again. and instant 4-of in any ruby burn deack I think.

Blood: Zombie Plague Starts killing there guys on turn two before they can even draw them from their deck and with a little luck and enough turns you're be getting free creatures.

Diamond; Asectic Aspirant, if you can wait to play this when your hand is almost full and then transform him into Elightened Seeker so that you have seven cards and her transforms in to The transcended you don't need to worry about top decking, just know what card you need to answer the situation and poof its in your hand

Sapphire: Sabotage, I don't really have a favorite for this yet, sabotage just seems like an interesting use for the digital realm as it places cards into your opponents decks. not to mention gains you potential card addvatage if they draw the traps and makes them lose some life.

BigDog
05-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Favorite card = Run with the Big Dogs

Digital_Aether
05-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Ascetic Aspirant in combo with the Cardboard Tube Samurai for PvE, and it needs the legendary equipment. Unlimited hand size and pick 2 cards from your library every time you would draw? Awesome!

Jotora
05-23-2013, 12:05 PM
I thought the Wild shard would be my favourite*, but so far--and maybe it's because we haven't seen anything too spectacular in the Wild shard yet--I'm liking the Sapphire and Diamond shards the best. The basis for a couple of Sapphire/Diamond decks are already brewing in my head, but I know I'm far from alone.

But I suspect Wild will make a comeback, especially because I'm really digging the style (aesthetically and mechanically) and lore of the coyotle and shin'hare so far.

Favourite card is going to be tough for me to pin down. For now I'll give it to Eurig:

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Eruig-215x300.png

Didn't care for the whole dwarf/artifact thing before this guy. Now I want to make a Sapphire/Artifact deck (with this card in it, of course). I also really like the artwork.

Overall though, I'm liking the humans and their Inspire abilities. I had a feeling I would really like them and after the stream, which showed off even more of those abilities, I was hooked.

*Green is also my favourite colour so I tend to gravitate towards it no matter what**, which has kind of become my shtick in (board) gaming.

**This was also the case in my brief time with Magic. But it turned out that I was very much a fan of the the green cards' style (in that generation). I also liked white then as well.

Verdant
05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Some people just want to watch the world burn, sooooo... Ruby shard and Ragefire + equipped Burn are gonna be my favorites.

CoolGrayAJ
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Rot Sniper ;)

Stok3d
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
http://magic.falseblue.com/output/11/11011478d417909427de3b5dd3868aef.png

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Well done. +1

alpha5099
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm leaning toward Diamond and Sapphire right now, but so far I'm less excited about whole shards than I am about the flavors of the races. I really, really like the mechanics of Inspire so far (even if it was buggy in the Twitch stream). It's rare that Humans are an exciting choice in an MMO, they're usually the vanilla, straightforward race, so it's really to Crypto's credit that they've designed Humans in such a way that I'm looking forward to playing them most.

I also really like what I've seen so far of the Dwarves. Eurig the Robomancer has some of my favorite art in the game so far, and all this Artifact tech looks really cool. I'm looking forward to throwing some Spectral Lotuses into my Dwarf decks, using them to power Artifact effects.

Of any given card, I'm probably most excited by Replicator's Gambit. I'm looking forward to playing it along side Pack Raptor for some ridiculous swarming fun.

Ash-Prime
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Far and away.........

I LOVE whenever Necromancy is included in games as a playable option. And this card does it in a way that feels very necromantic while also broadcasting the design advantage All-Digital has over paper.

Vengus
05-23-2013, 04:22 PM
It is difficult for me. Sapphire, Diamond and Blood are the most interesting to me, with Ruby coming 4th and Wild 5th. However this occasionally changes as more and more cards are revealed, so who knows what I end up with.

Jaydawg6958
05-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm really loving Blood, I always played some sort of black deck in magic and I'm a big fan of zombie culture. I can't wait to play Scourge Knights in PVE.

Dracatis
05-23-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm really curious about what the Coyotle's combo will be. I'm guessing they'll be Wild and Sapphire or maybe Diamond. Currently though I'm mostly interested in the Mushwocky and how the Shin'hare pump up their tokens. I always like a fun token deck.

Fateanomaly
05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Really hard to just choose 1. There are just some cards that makes you want to form a deck when you see it.
Pack raptor in wild
Sabotage in sapphire
Ragefire in ruby
Blessing the fallen in diamond (if it worked)
Life siphon in blood

Talreth
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm really curious about what the Coyotle's combo will be. I'm guessing they'll be Wild and Sapphire or maybe Diamond. Currently though I'm mostly interested in the Mushwocky and how the Shin'hare pump up their tokens. I always like a fun token deck.

I'm guessing wild/diamond because their leader dude is a diamond card. But I'm really interested in playing the coyotle..them seem neato.

ShaolinRaven
05-23-2013, 06:59 PM

On the Hex website they are listed under Diamond, Wild, and Sapphire.

Schweinebub
05-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Far and away.........

I LOVE whenever Necromancy is included in games as a playable option. And this card does it in a way that feels very necromantic while also broadcasting the design advantage All-Digital has over paper.
Agree 100%. That thing is full of flavor and also looks incredibly powerful.

alpha5099
05-23-2013, 07:35 PM
On the Hex website they are listed under Diamond, Wild, and Sapphire.

Yep. Based on the races listed on the pages for each shard, this is how each race shakes out in terms of what magic they use:

Human - Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire
Elf - mono Wild
Coyotle - Wild, Diamond, Sapphire
Orc - Blood, Ruby

Necrotic - Blood, Diamond, Sapphire
Vennen - mono Blood
Shin'hare - Blood, Wild
Dwarf - Ruby, Sapphire

Tyrfang
05-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Related to the zombie plague card...how would an Infected Zombie killing an enemy with Vampire King in play work? Do you choose if it turns into an infected zombie or a vampire? Would you make an infected vampire zombie (digital~)?

Erebus
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I imagine there is a stack, so you probably choose resolve order.

Grissnap
05-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Related to the zombie plague card...how would an Infected Zombie killing an enemy with Vampire King in play work? Do you choose if it turns into an infected zombie or a vampire? Would you make an infected vampire zombie (digital~)?

It would turn into an Infected Zombie, because the card Infected Zombie would not be killed, it would be dealt fatal damage then transformed. So Infected Zombie's trigger would activate but the Vampire King's would not.

So Zombies > Vampires

wallofomens
05-24-2013, 05:24 AM

It would turn into an Infected Zombie. The Infected Zombie says that whenever it deals fatal damage to a troop, it transforms into an infected zombie, it doesn't die, or go to the graveyard or whatever. For the Vampire King's ability to trigger, you need a troop to die(go to the graveyard) and Infected Zombie's effect happens before that.

Fireblast
05-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Thunderbird is nice.

~

Yasi
05-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Blood Magic. Life Siphon.