PDA

View Full Version : Free booster drafts

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 12:50 PM
My question is about the 3 free booster drafts. Are these simply tickets that are given to the account to be used, or are they similar to the 1 a week drafts where it's going to be closer to a button in the draft menu? and are they going to expire if not used in a certain amount of time? I'm at GK and I would hope that these would stay on my account until I have time to do at least two drafts in a week, my free one then one of these.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
They are more of a button, when you go into do a draft you will have the option to use your free weekly draft instead of using any packs or plat to buy in.

they do not stack, if you can't find time during the week to do it, you will lose out on that chance.

Floru
05-23-2013, 12:53 PM
My question is about the 3 free booster drafts. Are these simply tickets that are given to the account to be used, or are they similar to the 1 a week drafts where it's going to be closer to a button in the draft menu? and are they going to expire if not used in a certain amount of time? I'm at GK and I would hope that these would stay on my account until I have time to do at least two drafts in a week, my free one then one of these.

More than likely it will be a check-box or button with the text beside it saying along the lines of "Free Draft" and how many you have left. Since I have not seen anything about an expiry date on the free drafts, they should stick with you until you use them.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 12:54 PM
It has been stated time and again. The free weekly drafts will not stack. If you have 1 GK and 1 pro merged into one account you will get 2 drafts a week, if you do not draft for 6 months when you come back you will be able to draft twice. The end.

MrCwis
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
They are more of a button, when you go into do a draft you will have the option to use your free weekly draft instead of using any packs or plat to buy in.

they do not stack, if you can't find time during the week to do it, you will lose out on that chance.

I mean the 3 drafts that we got from the stretch goal

Daer
05-23-2013, 12:56 PM
It has been stated time and again. The free weekly drafts will not stack. If you have 1 GK and 1 pro merged into one account you will get 2 drafts a week, if you do not draft for 6 months when you come back you will be able to draft twice. The end.

They are talking about the 3 free drafts from one of the stretch goals, relax.

Gwaer
Ah, those you can use whenever. I am not sure how they will be separated from your normal free drafts. That's actually a pretty good question.

shiningideal
So you know he is talking about the stretch goal free drafts from much earlier...

And we have no idea.

karmacappa
05-23-2013, 01:21 PM
As per update 11

"- You will get the 3 booster drafts per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 qualifying tiers you get 9 drafts"

These are listed under the stacking rewards. Therefore, they do not conflict with the "free draft a week" rewards. I imagine they will be some kind of token item, but noone is sure exactly how they will do it, aside from the fact that it is completely separate from the "free draft a week" rewards. The other two rewards that it is mentioned that you can stack up if you have multiple pledges are dragon's blood starters and 3 months subscription.

ShaolinRaven
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
If the weekly draft is a button, those will probably be a button or check box as well. So you'll get to choose "Use Freed Draft", "Use Weekly Draft", "Use Own Boosters", "Full Buy In" or something like that. Though thats a lot of options but they can reduce for each one you don't have available.

Turtlewing
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
If the weekly draft is a button, those will probably be a button or check box as well. So you'll get to choose "Use Freed Draft", "Use Weekly Draft", "Use Own Boosters", "Full Buy In" or something like that. Though thats a lot of options but they can reduce for each one you don't have available.

If I were designing it I'd juts make the button "Use Free Draft" and have it consume the weekly draft first if available. An "available free drafts" indicator would be good as well.

dogmod
05-23-2013, 01:32 PM
If I were designing it I'd juts make the button "Use Free Draft" and have it consume the weekly draft first if available. An "available free drafts" indicator would be good as well. Use Free Draft.. Buy in ... the only buttons you would need... Would there ever be a need to buy boosters if you already have them?

ShaolinRaven
05-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Use Free Draft.. Buy in ... the only buttons you would need... Would there ever be a need to buy boosters if you already have them?

But if you have a free draft that means boosters + fee are free. If you have boosters but not a free draft you still have the tourney fee. And if you have neither a free draft nor boosters you have to buy the boosters and the tourney fee.

So that is 3 options right there. Now they could drop it to two options and just require you to pre-purchase the boosters, but its fewer steps for drafters if they can just hit the tourney and get provided the boosters + tourney fee in one shot.

Turtlewing
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Use Free Draft.. Buy in ... the only buttons you would need... Would there ever be a need to buy boosters if you already have them?

If you aren't being given the boosters you need to select which boosters to use from your collection (in the event of a draft that allows more than one set).

Floru
05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
If you aren't being given the boosters you need to select which boosters to use from your collection (in the event of a draft that allows more than one set).

I would be down with just a button saying "Use your own packs" and it auto-selects packs from your collection that are not primal. Would save time having to go in and click the packs yourself.

Deathfog
05-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Only thing that doesn't stack that's significant is the new bonus 1 year of free weekly drafts, everything else that doesn't stack does so since they provide no additional benefit.

DarkSeverance
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
It will probably be similar to this:

Q: So if i go for pro player tier, i get everything need for a draft every week. Will those boosters we get, be the current new set or will it always be set 1? Also we get to keep all cards used in free draft?

A: How the free draft works is, each week, you will have the option, when ask for product for a draft, to click 'This is my free draft this week!' This means you can draft any set, etc. You don't have to always draft set 1 or predict the draft.
It also means it's not quite the same as "3 free boosters a week". You can't trade your free draft (it's an account level privilege), but you can trade any cards you get in that draft, as well as any prizes you get.
Hope that helps to clear it up. Think of it as a button on the draft screen rather then something we pump into your account on a weekly basis.

It would probably be something similar but have a popup instead ask "Do you want to use one of your free drafts?".