PDA

View Full Version : Pro Player Tier suggestion to latest change to other $250 tiers

Oshirios
05-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi! Let me start by saying that I'm pledged/backing the Grand King ($500) tier already. With that, I feel that I am fairly neutral to the change that was made (Adding 1 free draft/week to all $250 tiers except Pro Player which has a lifetime version of this already). However, since the change I've seen almost a unanimous negative opinion about the change in terms of people that had already pledged to the Pro Player tier (edit: this is just referring to people I know personally that backed, not everyone that backed the Pro Player tier. Editing this as there is confusion over what I was trying to get across here, sorry). I wanted to suggest the possibility of maybe changing the "Pro Player exclusive tournament" portion of the Pro Player tier, maybe making that "Lifetime" as well, or even just for the first year of set releases (to match the duration of the Draft change that the other Tiers got) with the tournament happening at the start of each set release. The rewards could be packs from the set that's released, equipment for some of the new cards, or maybe 1-of each card from the new set...or maybe granting something of a pure vanity nature like a special Title to the winner of each tournament (like _____ the Pro Player). Those are just my thoughts, and I wasn't really sure where to post this. Does anyone think this is completely out of line/would negate the whole point of Crypto's change to the other $250 Tiers in the first place? Or do you maybe agree that the Pro Player tier needs a change as well to adjust to the change that was implemented? Just looking to get some other opinions as I thought this would be an interesting idea that would also calm some of the things being said about the change.

edit: It would seem that I was mistaken in my assessment, at least according to the fellow players here on the forums. The general consensus at this point seems to be that the Pro Player tier is fine as-is. Thanks for the quick responses, it was great to get such quick feedback from the community. ^^

Hadin
05-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Pro Player does not need any positive changes to its perks. If Pro Player was not worth the $250 price tag people would be cancelling them, and others would not be buying up those slots as soon as they fill up. As it sits, Pro Player is by far the most popular, and doing something to satiate the greed of individual players is not worth the fallout that would occur if CZE gave MORE to those people.

stiii
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM
It has hasn't even slightly been unanimous.

Daer
05-23-2013, 02:53 PM
However, since the change I've seen almost a unanimous negative opinion about the change in terms of people that had already pledged to the Pro Player tier.

No you haven't

Oshirios
Pro Player does not need any positive changes to its perks. If Pro Player was not worth the $250 price tag people would be cancelling them, and others would not be buying up those slots as soon as they fill up. As it sits, Pro Player is by far the most popular, and doing something to satiate the greed of individual players is not worth the fallout that would occur if CZE gave MORE to those people.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply! Like I said, I am just looking to get other people's opinions. Most of the people I know that backed, backed for $250+, and those that did $250 were mostly Pro Player tier, so a lot of the response is biased. Good to see someone else's point of view, thanks!

Digital_Aether
There are a LOT of GK and PP backers who are happy with the drafts being rewarded. It isn't nearly unanimously negative. Some were let down, but not enough to let a single GK or PP slot sit empty for even a second. Not everyone gets mad when the neighbor gets presents. I personally am glad that there will be a vibrant draft scene to jump start this game.

FireBomberSeven
If you really look at the negativitiy, largely in the KS comments section, it really is only a small handful of people. Out of the 1000 Pro Players, that's really nothing. And really if those people are that hurt by the changes, or feel another Tier is better off now, they should just switch. There's a ton of people who will come and take up the Pro spot. That's how I got my Pro Player earlier today.

Mike411
05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
You can chalk me up on someone that had (and still has) Pro and didn't mind the change to the other tiers. I think worrying about what other people get is a bit silly when it doesn't affect what you get. There's a reason why Pro has stayed sold out through all of this. I'm looking forward to a larger playerbase because of this. Tell a friend to sign up for one of the newly boosted $250 tiers :)

Joolz
It hasn't exactly been unanimous that the PP backers have a negative opinion on the change to the other $250 tiers. I'm a PP and I'm fine with it. If anything it's an extremely vocal minority complaining. You're not exactly going to be seeing PPs who are happy or indifferent start a bunch of threads titled "I am (still) happy with my pledge!!!".

Oshirios
No you haven't

Again, I'm just stating that's what I'VE seen, if you haven't then that's fair, and the whole reason I posted at all. I was curious to see if others were also seeing the same thing or not. Thanks for the response!

Lochar
05-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I was more hurt that the buffs were being handed out as a stretch goal and the PP/GK didn't get anything.

Now that they've moved it to an automatic thing we're all even again and no one should be butthurt. Rewrite your history a little bit and pretend that it's been on there since a week ago when they realized how out of balance it was.

Oshirios
05-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'd like to reiterate that I was merely saying that the "unanimous"-ish negative response is just what I've been seeing from people I know that backed. The post was entirely to see what other people were seeing, and from the first half dozen comments or so that've already been posted I can see that I am probably the only one seeing this. As I said in the OP, I'm fine with the change as it didn't affect me either way.

ratceo
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
I feel the legendary reward should be buffed with unique stuff for all tiers. The 960k is sick compared to this unlock if you are grand king or higher.

tangolino
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Don't flame me but...

Would a pve bonus, limited to 1 year, to PP be all that bad??

Lochar
05-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Yes, because the PP still gets the special tourneys for all cards. And they've said they're going to split the tourneys up so there will be more than one big winner.

Hadin
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Don't flame me but...

Would a pve bonus, limited to 1 year, to PP be all that bad??

I believe CZE should do nothing more for PP pledges. It is already the most desirable, and there is no reason to add further incentives to the tier since people have already swiped their credit card and said "This perk is sufficiently valuable for me to give you $250"

tangolino
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
More than 1 tournament? I thought it was only one.

Hadin
05-23-2013, 03:09 PM
More than 1 tournament? I thought it was only one.

There are several thousand players, across many time zones. One tournament could last most of the day.

Lochar
05-23-2013, 03:09 PM
In either one of the updates or posted around here somewhere they said they were going to have to run multiple tourneys. I can't imagine how long it'd take to run a 2000 person tournament.

nearlysober
05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Grand King here and I'm fine with them leaving Pro Player alone.
It was ridiculously good to begin with, it is still ridiculously good.

Hadin
05-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Grand King here and I'm fine with them leaving Pro Player alone.
It was ridiculously good to begin with, it is still ridiculously good.

Same here, there is absolutely no need to provide further benefits to Pro Player or GK+ at this point. Obviously they are good enough that people will pledge money for them as is, so why cut down on CZE revenue to give us more free stuff.

thereck
05-23-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm already past the point of caring, but who knows, maybe they want to fix their mess.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm already past the point of caring, but who knows, maybe they want to fix their mess.

No mess to fix, and doubled down on their commitment to this strategy with today's update.

nearlysober
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Here's the phone # of the President of Cryptozoic from their kickstarter video: 949-245-9756

If you're not some coward hiding behind anonymity of the internet talking a big game about how unjustly you've been handled then call him out and talk about it like an adult. Then let us know what he thinks.

Otherwise, we're tired of hearing you whine.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I called Cory about how pleased I was with the legendary stretch goal, and to just say I think they're doing a phenomenal job.

Vengus
05-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Pro Player here, I don't care. I would only care if say one year down the line Cryptozoic announces that all other $250 have their 1 year draft upgraded to lifetime, but I doubt that'll happen.

Malicus
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah it has been something of a point of contention between the happy pro + and the unhappy pro + as to which is the minority, I always felt it was the unhappy and this thread seems to pay that theory out.

Also happy btw

Tyrfang
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
I think it's more single PP/GK pledgers that feel they got snubbed because they can't stack multiple PP anymore.

Boojum
05-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm also in the happy pro camp overall (though not ecstatic pro).

My position is that the tier rebalancing was necessary, although handled clumsily, and the legendary goal was an anticlimax, but not an insult.

Genosaurer
05-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I think it's more single PP/GK pledgers that feel they got snubbed because they can't stack multiple PP anymore.

if someone has the money to buy multiple 250$ tiers, they should have done it when the PP tier wasn't full. I am a single PP backer and I can't afford GK and I'm not upset with the change. In fact, im happy about it. So the ones complaining only have themselves to blame.

ratceo
05-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I am happy about the buff but disappointed about the legendary reward. How about changing the 50 set2 packs from 960k goal to legendary goal and the 15 set2 packs to the 960k goal?

Genosaurer
05-23-2013, 04:56 PM
why, ratceo. it literally changes nothing. It's a waste of time.

Vibraxus
05-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Why not just say "Ok we are done adding new perks, period. But here is a consolidated list of what each tier gets, and what does and does not stack" add that to the KS page, and as a sticky here.

Id be very happy to see that officially listed, and resolved. The sooner the better.

ratceo
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
It gives the $250 pledges 50 packs. It makes the legendary pack better than the 960k pack. GK++ do not loose anything. It is mostly the 1x$250 pledges who feels left out on the legendary pack due to the 960k packs existence.

Daer
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
The $250 tiers just got a bonus

Genosaurer
05-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I agree Vibraxus. Everyone that complains about this seems to forget that they still haven't paid for their pledges. Until it is paid for, you aren't owed anything and if anything changes, you shouldn't complain because its not yours yet. It's like being in line to pay for something and complaining you don't like it.....well then put it back! You aren't committed. They didn't steal your snickers from you and swap it to a milkyway...In fact, they changed the milkyway and left your snickers alone. What is so bad about that? (rhetorical)

Kami
05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I agree Vibraxus. Everyone that complains about this seems to forget that they still haven't paid for their pledges. Until it is paid for, you aren't owed anything and if anything changes, you shouldn't complain because its not yours yet. It's like being in line to pay for something and complaining you don't like it.....well then put it back! You aren't committed. They didn't steal your snickers from you and swap it to a milkyway...In fact, they changed what you didn't pick up.

While I don't agree with Pro/GK needing a boost (they're fine!), some people have paid. PayPal takes payment immediately, unlike pledging through KS.

Daer
05-23-2013, 05:04 PM
CZE has offered to refund paypal purchases or change what tiers people bought on paypal

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 05:05 PM
While I don't agree with Pro/GK needing a boost (they're fine!), some people have paid. PayPal takes payment immediately, unlike pledging through KS.

And Crypto is happily refunding those paypal transactions, I can post the email to send your request to if you like.

Kami
05-23-2013, 05:06 PM
And Crypto is happily refunding those paypal transactions, I can post the email to send your request to if you like.

Thanks but I don't need it. :P

I was just stating that some people have indeed paid.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Why is this still a thing? Crypto basically came out and said hey this is our decision, we're sticking to it, here's why. And now people are like "yeah, but are you sure you don't want to give more handouts?" Come on, who do you think they are, the government?

Vibraxus
05-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Why is this still a thing? Crypto basically came out and said hey this is our decision, we're sticking to it, here's why. And now people are like "yeah, but are you sure you don't want to give more handouts?" Come on, who do you think they are, the government?

HAHAHA If they were the government, we wouldnt have to donate to the cause, wed just all get everything free, and they would pay us to play.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Politics, noooooooooo. Bad Talreth. Bad!

Hadin
05-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Politics, noooooooooo. Bad Talreth. Bad!

It's great for post counts, because you can post 50 times in one discussion and accomplish nothing!

jai151
05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
It's great for post counts, because you can post 50 times in one discussion and accomplish nothing!

You just described forums in general =P

Jugan
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I think it's a good, reasonable idea.

Here's one for ya: You also give out invites to people who win other tournaments, so it's like pro players + champions duke it out; kinda like MOCS.

Talreth
05-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't really care either way because I don't really see myself winning the tournaments, but it would be cool to get free tourney xp.

Badmoonz
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
The pro tier effectively says "Get 3 packs of any available set every week for the entirety of the game". Why anyone would complain that this tier isn't as good anymore is a mystery to me.

nickon
05-26-2013, 04:56 AM
I'm not in doubt that I will be playing this game once it's out there, but it really bothers me that there are no Pro Player tiers anymore... :( It would be instantly backing this project if they would open up some more Pro Player tiers, but now I'm in serious doubt whether to back this project now already or simply wait until it releases and see from there if I would be as fanatic about it as I am now...

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 05:00 AM
If you want to draft a bunch, King is still a solid deal. The 155 boosters + $53 in plat means that at $173, you got a year's worth of weekly drafts (vs the $364 normally). Also, check back the last few days of the campaign. There's always shuffling of pledges at the end, and you'll probably be able to get one if you refresh a bunch.

Ditsch
05-26-2013, 05:01 AM
@Nickon you could back a dungeon crawler tier , if you will play a lot that tier will be more effective then the pro player tier which is only once a week a bonus.

nickon
05-26-2013, 08:23 AM
@DA Thanks for the useful comment :) I was already planning to sit out to the end of the campain, and decide before it ends to back it or not. I'll probably go for a King tier at the end, or possibly a Pro Player if there are some left by people switching tiers (would need to be extremely lucky for that though...) :D

@Ditsch, this "loot drop" is for PvE right? I actually don't really see the value of the Dungeon Crawler tier... On the longer term, I'll probably be more into the PvP part of HEX anyway, so...

IndigoShade
05-26-2013, 08:30 AM
@Ditsch, this "loot drop" is for PvE right? I actually don't really see the value of the Dungeon Crawler tier... On the longer term, I'll probably be more into the PvP part of HEX anyway, so...

Yea it's all speculation at this point whether you will be able to reliably turn gold from PvE farming into PvP cards. I'm sure there will be people out there with PvP cards that are interested in the PvE game and will sell cards for gold rather than plat. If they don't implement a currency exchange or have a way to directly trade with players to sell plat for gold etc. I imagine all the junk PvP cards might end up for sale for gold rather than plat, but not the good ones.

Other than that, you just have to consider if you yourself would value the increased PvE drop rate if using it to buy PvP cards turns out not be so viable. Lots of questions unanswered at this point, unfortunately.