PDA

View Full Version : Request: campaign mode

kuvasza
05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
CZE: When I create a new champion, it would be welcome if I could choose to allow that champion only the cards (names, numbers of cards) that they have discovered. It would be good if a shin'hare started with a few Runts of the litter and possibly one or two uncommons and a rare .. Or a human with a few troops with inspire ... Or a themed starter deck... But it would take away a lot of the fun if a new champion started with access to all of my cards. It would be like starting a new character with level 50 gear. It would be much more fun to be able to build them up by exploring and winning cards/battles

Talreth
05-23-2013, 07:08 PM
CZE: When I create a new champion, it would be welcome if I could choose to allow that champion only the cards (names, numbers of cards) that they have discovered. It would be good if a shin'hare started with a few Runts of the litter and possibly one or two uncommons and a rare .. Or a human with a few troops with inspire ... Or a themed starter deck... But it would take away a lot of the fun if a new champion started with access to all of my cards. It would be like starting a new character with level 50 gear. It would be much more fun to be able to build them up by exploring and winning cards/battles

They will still be missing the perks and level bonuses that really make them strong..think of your card collection as heirlooms like in wow. You don't have to use them.

Lochar
05-23-2013, 07:09 PM
You can self hold back if you want. Nothing makes you build the best deck possible every time.

kuvasza
05-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Can hold back, would just be nice to have the system track it.

kuvasza
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Asking for the option, not for them to make it a requirement

neonovas
05-23-2013, 07:38 PM
You can self hold back if you want. Nothing makes you build the best deck possible every time.

after a while it would be hard to keep track of what/how many of each card you've earned on a character

kuvasza
05-23-2013, 09:12 PM
@neonovas exactly
For me, this feature would allow me to RP characters. They would be limited to what they had earned. It would add significantly to the replayability of the game, where I start a human character, then a shin'hare, then a coyote, and so on.

Tyrfang
05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Small feature, but easy to implement.

The easiest way I can imagine implementing this is by adding an "Inventory" tag and filter in your collection.

The inventory tag is linked to whomever buys/earns a card.