PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon crawler loot

Birdman
05-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I was looking at the info we have and I'm a little confused about the way loot works. I'm currently a pp looking into getting a dungeon crawler (missed the gk's unfortunately) but I'm curious as to how loot affects pvp. Will loot change the way our cards work in pvp, or is it only in pve where that matters? The reason I ask is because if stacking a dungeon and pp gives the best advantage (i.e. more cards, more loot), I might consider grabbing a dungeon crawler before they eventually sell out.

Or does pvp loot drop in pvp some how? I know it's still early, so this info might not be out there.

Also; it doesn't make sense to create a new thread for this so I am looking to upgrade to GK. so if your a GK who bought in really wanting a pp (thus just bought gk for the drafts) then do not hesitate to contact me and I'll be glad to trade. (We'll need to work out details, and of course I'd be paying 500, and you'd be paying the 250 package)

Hadin
05-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Equipment will not benefit your cards in PvP, it is an entirely PvE side benefit. With that being said, the rumor mill says that PvP tournaments with PvE and PvP cards would be pretty sweet, so some day down the road we might get to experience those.

IndigoShade
05-23-2013, 07:47 PM
PvP cards can be used in both, but PvE cards can only be used in PvE unless the PvP game specifically specifies that PvE cards are allowed. From what I understand there will be a format that allows for both, but it also sounds like it won't be the standard format. Also PvP cards will not drop in PvE.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 08:23 PM
PVP tourneys give loots in the form of booster packs and (eventually)cash. PVE gives loots in the form of cards and equips and mercenaries that are all PVE specific. Any and all loots affected by Dungeon Crawler are PVE loots.

Saeijou
09-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Sorry for grapping that thread out of it's darkness... but i dont wanted to open a new one...

does the dungeon crawler reward stack? if someone has two dungeon crawler... does he get 2x the 100% boost?
(i would be happy with 300%... i dont need the 400% :P)

Yoss
09-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Doesn't stack.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34978

funktion
09-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Edit: nvm yoss beat me to it

You should have just started a new thread. Your question isn't really relevant at all to the one which you necro'd, a question worth answering though for any folks who haven't redeemed their codes and have some sort of wacky situation where they have multiple DC perks and trying to figure if/how they want to spread them.

Kami
09-05-2014, 04:02 AM
Yes, please don't necro very old threads (i.e. >30 days).

Bloodroot
09-05-2014, 06:29 PM
This is off-topic.

I have never understood this "don't necro" sort of forum rule. If I had a forum, which I do not, and I wanted people not to respond to threads which had been idle for a certain period of time, I would just automatically lock threads that had been idle for that period of time.

Instead, the general culture on most forums goes something like this:
New person: "Can someone explain X?"
Mod: "Learn to use the search function, there have been a dozen threads on that topic already. Don't start a new thread."
New person searches, finds such a thread: "Okay, I see that about X, but what about Y case of X?"
Mod: "Don't necro! Start a new thread!"

Here on the Hex forums, the staff and moderators are all very kind*, so the newbie-unfriendliness of this sort of system is greatly diminished. But it's still a weird cultural artifact.

Bloodroot

* The users are ALMOST all very nice, which is a better percentage than you see most places, too.

Zophie
09-05-2014, 08:21 PM
I have never understood this "don't necro" sort of forum rule. If I had a forum, which I do not, and I wanted people not to respond to threads which had been idle for a certain period of time, I would just automatically lock threads that had been idle for that period of time.

There is a vBulletin mod they can get for these forums which would do exactly that, however there may be certain edge cases where it is still appropriate to bump an old thread, such as threads in a less used forum, informational posts that are updated over time, etc. Usually its easier just to let the mods and community police themselves instead of putting a hard lock on everything.

Saeijou
09-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Actually... i used the search function and looked for the thread Yoss just posted (thanks for that Yoss), but I wasn't able to find it... this thread was the most nearest i could find... so i replied to that one... exactly out of the "Learn to use the search function, there have been a dozen threads on that topic already."-topic. :)

ossuary
09-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Yeah, we have a bit of a weird conundrum on this forum as far as posting goes. We have two semi-conflicting policies:

1) don't necro old threads (anything more than 30 days since last post)
2) don't start a new thread on an existing topic

It's hard to avoid breaking one of those sometimes. At the very least, it can be kind of confusing for new people. ;)

Kami
09-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Yeah, we have a bit of a weird conundrum on this forum as far as posting goes. We have two semi-conflicting policies:

1) don't necro old threads (anything more than 30 days since last post)
2) don't start a new thread on an existing topic

It's hard to avoid breaking one of those sometimes. At the very least, it can be kind of confusing for new people. ;)

Actually, we have no issues with starting a new thread on an existing topic if the only other thread on the topic is inactive for greater than 30 days.

ossuary
09-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Actually, we have no issues with starting a new thread on an existing topic if the only other thread on the topic is inactive for greater than 30 days.

I know that, that's why I said it could confuse new players. They're told to search before they post, then they do, and find an old thread, and necro it, and get told not to do that, so then they make a new thread for something that already exists but isn't too old... ;)

Yoss
09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Ah, one of my oldest pet peeves of the rules in these forums surfaces again...

There is a vBulletin mod they can get for these forums which would do exactly that, however there may be certain edge cases where it is still appropriate to bump an old thread, such as threads in a less used forum, informational posts that are updated over time, etc. Usually its easier just to let the mods and community police themselves instead of putting a hard lock on everything.

Auto-lock would be horrible because it locks the EDIT button on your posts, which means you can't go back and retrieve or update them. I regularly go back to dormant, important threads and pull data (with formatting!) and/or update them.

Gwaer
09-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Wait, it'll stop yoss from going back and editing old threads making them completely unreadable? I was totally against it, but I'm suddenly seeing merit.

Zophie
09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Auto-lock would be horrible because it locks the EDIT button on your posts, which means you can't go back and retrieve or update them. I regularly go back to dormant, important threads and pull data (with formatting!) and/or update them.

Not necessarily, the mod I was looking at just prevents new replies to threads where the latest post is >30 days old, it doesn't actually "lock" the existing posts, just restricts the Reply functionality. Still, I don't think we need anything like that unless it got to be such a huge problem that the mods couldn't stay on top of it.