PDA

View Full Version : Beta and assorted questions i did't find in this forums

true
05-23-2013, 07:56 PM
1. Will the Beta be a sandbox where we can expect wipes (and a wipe at the end) so we are more free to experiment, make bad trades mess with the shop (assuming we also get fake money to play with) Or more of a soft launch beta where i will get my 5 starters and 150 boasters and i need to treat them like real cards/money. (I am really hoping for sandbox just because i know there will be a duping or card eating bug at least once during beta and i can be more free to bug hunt)

2. In game communication whats modes will have text and or voice chat build in (Pvp with voice chat could be really fun or really annoying) if you do it make sure you add a mute/ignore list.

3. Will there be any kind of buffer for the $250+ free drafts. Life happens people will go on vacation or have finals or have there pcs burn up and it would kinda stuck to have 7 bucks in value evaporate. (a limiited buffer of like 5 weeks worth would be nice and not too overpowered for the PP and GKs with free drafts for life vs the other $250 with just 52+3 drafts.

Lazybum
05-23-2013, 07:58 PM
know it has been said there will be no wipe at end of beta, so its pretty much a soft launch as you put it

BossHoss
05-23-2013, 08:00 PM
1. No wipe
2. No word yet
3. No buffer, It is a draft button

true
05-23-2013, 08:02 PM
dam i saw no post beta wipes but i did't see anything about mid beta wipes. As i said bad bugs are inevitable i hope crytic can have the logs needed to clean up any messes that happen.

Daer
05-23-2013, 08:04 PM
They said once we get our kickstarter rewards there will be no wipes, its unknown if there will be wipes before that.

true
05-23-2013, 08:08 PM
They said once we get our kickstarter rewards there will be no wipes, its unknown if there will be wipes before that.

This is more of what i was hoping for. a sandbox beta will allow for better testing and allow them time to change OP or UP cards if someone find somthing nasty so we can avoid ban lists in set 1.

Grissnap
05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
They do plent of testing of cards internally so the beta is probably going to focus on the software testing, so we'll need to pay attention to if cards are doing what they are supposed to.

Regarding in game voice chat I could have sworn they said they don't have plans to implement that.

Erebus
05-23-2013, 08:46 PM
I believe I saw that there was two phased of Beta Testing.

There will be our chance to break and balance card, where we won't be able to purchase anything. After this phase is complete there will be a wipe.

Second stage of beta we will be able to purchase cards and will get all KS rewards, there will be no wipes after this point.

FireBomberSeven
05-23-2013, 08:49 PM

That'd be awesome, do you remember where you saw/heard that though?

DarkSeverance
05-23-2013, 08:49 PM
or have there pcs burn up and it would kinda stuck to have 7 bucks in value evaporate.If only the game could run on a mobile device like a tablet thereby making it more accessible to not only PC players but to people on the go.

Barov
05-23-2013, 09:00 PM
They do plent of testing of cards internally so the beta is probably going to focus on the software testing, so we'll need to pay attention to if cards are doing what they are supposed to.

Regarding in game voice chat I could have sworn they said they don't have plans to implement that.

This.
Cryptozoic already creates a highly successful TCG that (at least when I stopped playing) didn't have a single banned card, they no how to balance cards. The beta is not intended for testing the cards, it's for testing the server load and match system.

true
05-24-2013, 05:55 AM
If only the game could run on a mobile device like a tablet thereby making it more accessible to not only PC players but to people on the go.
Drafting takes at least 2 hours last thing we want is people drafting there free cards for the week and evaporating. also anything having to due with payment may need to be crippled in IOS version due to apple app store system

Yasi
05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
This.
Cryptozoic already creates a highly successful TCG that (at least when I stopped playing) didn't have a single banned card, they no how to balance cards. The beta is not intended for testing the cards, it's for testing the server load and match system.

You're putting too much faith in a company.

WSzaboPeter
05-24-2013, 06:20 AM
I think if a company can make a TCG better than MTG, that is Cryptozoic. I have a lot of faith in them, and I really wish they would succeed.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 06:24 AM
I think if a company can make a TCG better than MTG, that is Cryptozoic. I have a lot of faith in them, and I really wish they would succeed.

I hope Hex succeed as well. The game is really complicated though, so I don't know if a lot of people will be interested in it.

MrCwis
05-24-2013, 06:37 AM
I hope Hex succeed as well. The game is really complicated though, so I don't know if a lot of people will be interested in it.

Magic is really complicated too and it has a huge fan base including younger kids who will grow up learning the rules and getting better. The biggest upside to Hex over traditional physical card games is that it will do all the triggers for you, so while you should know the triggers of your cards in the finals of a tournament the computer won't accidentially miss one causing you to lose the game.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Magic is really complicated too and it has a huge fan base including younger kids who will grow up learning the rules and getting better. The biggest upside to Hex over traditional physical card games is that it will do all the triggers for you, so while you should know the triggers of your cards in the finals of a tournament the computer won't accidentially miss one causing you to lose the game.

MTG also gave you physical copies of the cards and it has been around forever. Hex has the portability of not having to lug around 1000 cards at all time, sure, but let's be honest here. Newer players like having cards in their hands.

havocattack
05-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I think valve proved that people LOVE collecting digital shit lol ;)

Yasi
05-24-2013, 07:03 AM
I think valve proved that people LOVE collecting digital shit lol ;)

That could be sold for real money.

havocattack
05-24-2013, 07:18 AM
That could be sold for real money.

People wanting them is what gives them value, like with anything so I'm not sure what your point was.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 07:34 AM
People wanting them is what gives them value, like with anything so I'm not sure what your point was.

There are more people trading the stuff than there are people collecting it. The collectors are a very niche group. I don't have any statistics to back it up, but the traders outnumber collectors 100,000 to 1, believe. Saying people like collecting stuff on Steam prove anything other than the majority of them wanting to make real money as oppose to Hex virtual currency doesn't make much sense.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
There are more people trading the stuff than there are people collecting it. The collectors are a very niche group. I don't have any statistics to back it up, but the traders outnumber collectors 100,000 to 1, believe. Saying people like collecting stuff on Steam prove anything other than the majority of them wanting to make real money as oppose to Hex virtual currency doesn't make much sense.

Still, cards can have value even if their only purpose is to be traded. Look at the tf2 mac earbud items; those are essentially their own currency.

Tyrfang
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
WTT Legendaries for Perfect Skulls and SoJs.

Barov
05-24-2013, 10:39 AM

I wouldn't back a kickstarter if I didn't have faith in a company. I played WoWTCG for years and have bought other games from crypto, so yes, I do trust their quality control.

shocker455
05-24-2013, 11:17 AM

There will be our chance to break and balance card, where we won't be able to purchase anything. After this phase is complete there will be a wipe.

Second stage of beta we will be able to purchase cards and will get all KS rewards, there will be no wipes after this point.
If this is true, then any one know when the beta will start? i all ways assumed it was going to start Sep 2013 with the kickstarter rewards.

houjix
05-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Beta is Sept. Whether that means pre-final wipe or post, a full timeline hasn't been given.