PDA

View Full Version : Market place and equipment

shocker455
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Can people sell equipment on the market place?

If i remember correctly, there was going to a few hundred different equipment cards. Assuming it takes hours to complete a pve event, and the rewards are not huge, collecting them all may take a long time. This would put value on the rare equipments. Does any one see them self trading card/money for equipment? (assuming boting doesn't exist)

Also if the pve tounries take off, do you guys think equipment may actually become as valuable as pvp rares?

I dont see pve as a economically viable way to pay for pvp but to cover a draft every now and then would be nice. Debating on if i want to become a dungeon crawler or not :D

Grissnap
05-23-2013, 11:37 PM
It's all speculation at this point, but if PvE gets super popular and people are willing to pay for certain pieces of equipment, I think it might be possible.

yovalord
05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
It seems that they want everything they possibly can make tradeable, tradeable. So it would be a pretty safe bet to say yes. The only thing that i don't think is tradable will be PvE champions/mercs

Yasi
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
You should definitely take the Dungeon Crawler tier. They specifically said that PvE equipments are underrated.

Grissnap
05-23-2013, 11:43 PM
You should definitely take the Dungeon Crawler tier. They specifically said that PvE equipments are underrated.

There's that as well. I can believe it.

Yasi
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm also assuming you're going to shit on if you don't have the best possible PvE equipments for each of your cards when it comes to the boss fights.

nicosharp
05-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Some cards have 3 equipment card interactions possible, and some have set bonuses. If the average dungeon run is said to be 4-5hours right now, and the equipment only drops from bosses at the end, I would imagine equipment trading on the auction house to be pretty significant.

The silly thing is, there will be so much crap available during launch that the set 1 equipment and trading will not be a good way to appraise value and trading. It will not be until 4-6months after launch, when set 2 equipment and dungeons start to pop up, to start seeing the value and trading of equipment really start to trend.

ramseytheory
05-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Yeah, the reason I took Grand King in the first place was that I couldn't decide between Dungeon Crawler and Pro Player. If the PVE side of the game is done well then legendary equipment value will be huge after the initial flood dies down. (There will be an initial flood though - assuming Dungeon Crawler sells out, there are 2,000 people getting 20 pieces of rare/legendary equipment each at launch, plus all $65+ backers getting a Primal pack and all $120+ backers getting 2 pieces of legendary equipment.)