PDA

View Full Version : Life Gain Deck?

Taurentipper
05-24-2013, 02:14 AM
I love these type of games and one of my favoured strategies are life gaining decks. Does anyone know if there will be these styles of play in HEX

I play a life gain deck in MTG always have. Cards like play this creature if above 45 life you win. Also cards like for every troop played gain one life.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Omegahugger
05-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Well,we have a Coyotle Elder that has Lifedrain and strength/defense equal to the life you have. I think a lifegaindeck will be possible. C:

4acrossisemu
05-24-2013, 02:29 AM
yup the blood deck looks like it will and i'm assume most can to some extant. the orc player here shows some in use,

http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/404773267

Taurentipper
05-24-2013, 02:31 AM
Thanks again ill check some more when i get home

Khazrakh
05-24-2013, 02:46 AM
From what we've seen so far it should be absolutely possible to build such a deck.
Of cause such a deck will never be Tier 1, but it should be fun to play anyway.

ShaolinRaven
05-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Also Princess Victoria has Inspire:Lifedrain so she gives lifedrain to every troup equal to or greater then her casting cost. There's a diamond card that gives you 7 life, Blood has a few lifedrains and life siphon effects as we've seen as well. So yeah, I think you can make a pretty decent life gain/life siphon deck.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I dislike cards such as Felidar Sovereign or Door to Nothingness where it's just "you win the game" or "you lose the game." So I hope they don't include much or any of those mechanics...that being said, life gain is one of my favorite deck types as well.

Ebynfel
05-24-2013, 09:12 PM
From what we've seen so far it should be absolutely possible to build such a deck.

If M:tG is any indication, Soul Sisters for Modern(A white, creature based lifegain deck) has pulled out some serious wins against the field in both physical and digital tournies. The template itself is not the problem, what remains to be seen is if the card quality is high enough for it to be tier one. Soul Sisters may not be considered tier one in Modern for M:tGO, but it's got recent PTQ/GP wins while facing down the Tier one decks of the format.

Madican
05-24-2013, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see if there's something that could follow the theme of "Share the Pain."

Basically if I'm forced to lose a troop then so do you, if I lose life then so do you, I discard my hand to the graveyard and so do you. Ultimate annoyance slash control.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I'd like to see if there's something that could follow the theme of "Share the Pain."

Basically if I'm forced to lose a troop then so do you, if I lose life then so do you, I discard my hand to the graveyard and so do you. Ultimate annoyance slash control.

I hope it's not all on one card...

Madican
05-24-2013, 09:47 PM
No, a deck that follows the theme with multiple cards. Alternate between giving self life and then spending it to gain an effect, while also hurting the other person.

WSzaboPeter
05-25-2013, 01:10 AM

Saying what will be tier 1 is quite odd, when only a small percentage of cards from set 1 are revealed.
Lifegain deck can be tier1 if it's creature based, and uses the life for some other purpose. For instance if there will be good, standard playable cheap permanent that has: „whenever you gain life your opponent loses that much life, when this permanent enters the battlefield you gain 3 life” that might make lifegain deck tier1. It all depends on what cards are in set1, and what changes in set2… etc.