PDA

View Full Version : Ignore lists

BossHoss
05-24-2013, 06:58 AM
"This message is hidden because Name withheld to protect user identity is on your ignore list."

Just click his name and click view profile, then you can ignore him. Everyone should do it.

Socks4615
05-24-2013, 07:01 AM
+1 and believe me, I am :) thank goodness for the Ignore function!

Hexmage
05-24-2013, 07:02 AM
For some reason I noticed that Yasi has been trolling less with his recent posts. He's actually saying stuff that makes sense now.

BossHoss
05-24-2013, 07:05 AM
For some reason I noticed that Yasi has been trolling less with his recent posts. He's actually saying stuff that makes sense now.

The font to me is liking walking into a business meeting without pants on. Screams too much attention and gives me a headache. People have asked to remove the font but no such luck. Id love to hear serious opinions but the font kills me

Stok3d
05-24-2013, 07:07 AM

I wouldn't know. His opinions are meaningless while on my ignore :)

He should be banned though from these forums,

caffn8d
05-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Well, you have to mix some reasonable posts in with the noise. Otherwise everyone just starts ignoring you out of hand. ;)

LexC
05-24-2013, 07:11 AM
I have already reported Yasi, let's see if it helps us at all. I'd suggest everyone else send a PM about him to the Mods.

Stok3d
05-24-2013, 07:13 AM
I have already reported Yasi, let's see if it helps us at all. I'd suggest everyone else send a PM about him to the Mods.

He needs to be banned--plain and simple. He's a cancer to the quality of this site.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Am I late for this meeting?

Kami
05-24-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm actually surprised none of the mods have banned him or warned him even.

MrCwis
05-24-2013, 07:15 AM
It's not even the font it's the size and the color, comic sans I can live with if it's 12 pt and black, I've even used it in other boards, but when it's bigger and blue it's annoying. I know most people have there sig in some other color but that's fine cause it's a bit of pride at what you backed at.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 07:17 AM
I know most people have there sig in some other color but that's fine cause it's a bit of pride at what you backed at.

What?

Stok3d
05-24-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm actually surprised none of the mods have banned him or warned him even.

I'm sure he's been warned, but as you can tell he posts more than anyone else in every thread with an intent to disrupt & troll.

I believe we need some active community mods to help with these issues. Kami, you are an obvious choice and I would also volunteer my services if requested.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 07:24 AM
I believe we need some active community mods to help with these issues. Kami, you are an obvious choice and I would also volunteer my services if requested.

jai151
05-24-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm sure he's been warned, but as you can tell he posts more than anyone else in every thread with an intent to disrupt & troll.

I'd volunteer as well.

Heh, new tier reward! Dragon Lord: Become a Community Mod on the Hex forums!

TheBlueMagician
05-24-2013, 07:44 AM
I appreciate Kasi's input, because he's one of the few people here who doesn't have a stick up his ass.

+1 for making things interesting, Kasi, even if a third of it is incomprehensibly silly, and another third is wholly inappropriate. At least you aren't prattling on about things you have no knowledge of, like half the people here.

RobHaven
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
I appreciate Kasi's input, because he's one of the few people here who doesn't have a stick up his ass.

+1 for making things interesting, Kasi, even if a third of it is incomprehensibly silly, and another third is wholly inappropriate. At least you aren't prattling on about things you have no knowledge of, like half the people here.

When I first started actively reading the forums, I thought, "Who is this f*****g guy?!?!? I loathe him." As time went on and I have been able to read more, I got used to it. Sometimes his efforts are obvious; other times people engage him in conversation because they can't tell he's making fun of them. And - once in a blue moon - he actually contributes to a conversation in a meaningful way. If I had known about the ignore function early on, I'd have ignored him and been no worse the wear for it. Now, though, I don't really mind it.

Am I late for this meeting?

Come on... That's funny. It may be the only funny post he's had (and 1 for 185 is awful), but it's a start.

caffn8d
05-24-2013, 07:55 AM
When I first started actively reading the forums, I thought, "Who is this f*****g guy?!?!? I loathe him." As time went on and I have been able to read more, I got used to it. Sometimes his efforts are obvious; other times people engage him in conversation because they can't tell he's making fun of them. And - once in a blue moon - he actually contributes to a conversation in a meaningful way. If I had known about the ignore function early on, I'd have ignored him and been no worse the wear for it. Now, though, I don't really mind it.

Same boat. I view it like performance art. Generally just kinda noisy, but sometimes genuinely entertaining.

NaryaDL0re
05-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Also, wasnt attention somewhere mentioned as the whole point of trolling ;P...
Asking for a ban or ignore function is wrong for 2 reasons.
1.) you ask for a tool as a carrying wheel thats solves a problem that simple ignoring can solve.
2.) getting banned is roughly the second most satisfying thing for a troll, and one of the shortest solutions.

Dont try to safe trolls, go to africa and safe kids if you have nothing better to do.
Dont satisfy trolls that arent good at what they are doing. Ignore those.
And feed and endulge those rare kinds of their species that actually entertain you.

Edit: Somehow I managed to digress while reading this thread and obviously missunderstood the intentions of the OP, my bad ^^`` (though I do find that ignoring trolls makes you miss more than it spares you from, so I agree with the posters above. Now there are insufferable persons though)

Yasi
05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Getting a ban would really hurt my feelings.

LexC
05-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Ban. And then hunt down the rest of his accounts and Ban them as well! Cancer must be dealt with aggressively! Do not ignore the issue or it will grow out of control.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 08:30 AM

MrCwis
05-24-2013, 09:29 AM

I would have perfered this to be brighter, you should stay away from the balcks and grays. I think red, blue, yellow and green are a much better color for you.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Yasi is fine, you guys already ignored him, don't see what the problem is. FYI there's no cure for cancer. I see him as a benign tumor.

jai151
05-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Yasi is fine, you guys already ignored him, don't see what the problem is. FYI there's no cure for cancer. I see him as a benign tumor.

He went a little malignant this morning, spreading throughout the site at a rapid rate.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
He went a little malignant this morning, spreading throughout the site at a rapid rate.

Yeah but from what I can tell his posts were definitely within reason compared to yesterday. Come on, half of them aren't even comic sans + color.

Voices
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Better to have a little bit of mod activity in the right direction than to have to ignore someone. People do change :)

stiii
05-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Ignoring people really doesn't work. Having a bunch of this person is blocked posts pop up and other people still responding to them makes it a bit pointless.

jai151
05-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah but from what I can tell his posts were definitely within reason compared to yesterday. Come on, half of them aren't even comic sans + color.

That was after his initial deluge. I logged in this morning and the entire front page was "Last post Yasi" and contained something pointless and green.

Chance
05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I feel his money should be currently invested into therapy not some kickstarter, he's just attention starved

Talreth
05-25-2013, 02:06 PM
I have never seen the need to /ignore somebody before unless they were specifically like pestering me after I had them on my friends list or I didn't want to talk to them anymore. But just as a random member of a community, I don't think they should get bans unless they are posting inappropriate images, being consistently (like 80%+) vitriolic in their posts, etc. No one on these forums fits what I think of as worthy of a ban. Who cares if he uses colors and comic sans? Even spreading misinformation I don't think is worth a ban or suspension, unless it's like losing people money or something.

ForgedSol
05-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Well.. he seems to have reigned himself in. Using color and font to indicate when he's doing his act, and leaving things normal when he's not. It's nice to be able to distinguish between the two.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Well.. he seems to have reigned himself in. Using color and font to indicate when he's doing his act, and leaving things normal when he's not. It's nice to be able to distinguish between the two.

I kind of miss it. Also I like skip over them sometimes and see someone quoted him but it was normal and I'm like wait what Yasi's here?

Chance
05-25-2013, 02:14 PM
hes like that younger brother I never knew I never wanted

Mushroom_C1oud
05-25-2013, 03:22 PM
I find this thread ironic, you've dedicated a whole thread to ignoring someone which only brings him more attention.