PDA

View Full Version : Respecing and leveling up?

Grim
05-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Hey guys,

I recently found out about this amazing game and just started drinking the HEX kool-aid. Apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere already but I haven't been able to find any information on this topic yet.

How permanent are our leveling choices as we go through the game? Can I choose to be an Orc Warrior from the start and at level ten switch to a Necrotic Mage?

Also, why for the love of god are people getting multiple pledges like Grand King, King, another Grand King, Pro. Just get The Dragon Lord :) ....

- Grim

MrCwis
05-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Hey guys,

Also, why for the love of god are people getting multiple pledges like Grand King, King, another Grand King, Pro. Just get The Dragon Lord :) ....

- Grim

For the stacking of the 1 free draft a week per form the Pro player tier

Vibraxus
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
You can create as many "characters" as you like from what I have read. Plus theres the mercs to level up as well.

houjix
05-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Hey guys,

I recently found out about this amazing game and just started drinking the HEX kool-aid. Apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere already but I haven't been able to find any information on this topic yet.

How permanent are our leveling choices as we go through the game? Can I choose to be an Orc Warrior from the start and at level ten switch to a Necrotic Mage?

- Grim

You can't reroll a new race and class and retain the level. The new champion, of which you can have many, starts at the beginning. No word on respecing, but I'm sure it will be there.

Grim
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks!

Makes sense.

Daer
05-24-2013, 09:33 AM
I think Cory confirmed respeccing in the short Q&A at the end of the twitch livestream.

Gwaer
05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Respeccing your current merc in any way that current merc could have been spec'd but not respecing race/class.

houjix
05-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Respeccing your current merc in any way that current merc could have been spec'd but not respecing race/class.

Assuming you mean champs as Mercs don't have talent trees. They just straight level up and gain new abilities.

Gwaer
05-24-2013, 10:44 AM
I dunno, maybe I write a backstory and my orc is a mercenary fighting for profit...

QuantumZeruul
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I think Cory confirmed respeccing in the short Q&A at the end of the twitch livestream.

Right. The spec you have for your champion is going to be fluid and the settings for that will be saved per deck. Each deck will save the settings for cards, equipment, and champion talents.

Erebus
05-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I remember reading/hearing that you could respec your champion at will.

While this is disappointing from a "choose your path" perspective, they apparently did it as they consider this a deck building characteristic and they don't want to do anything to limit your deck building characteristic.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 12:17 PM
You will probably be able to reset your main mercenary through a cash shop item.

jai151
05-24-2013, 12:45 PM
You will probably be able to reset your main mercenary through a cash shop item.

No, you won't.

CZE has stated quite clearly that the ONLY thing in game they will sell for cash are boosters, starters, and tournament entries.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 12:46 PM
CZE has stated quite clearly that the ONLY thing in game they will sell for cash are boosters, starters, and tournament entries.

That's what every gaming company in existence says when they introduce a cash shop.

Gwaer
05-24-2013, 12:50 PM
also gold.

jai151
05-24-2013, 12:51 PM
That's what every gaming company in existence says when they introduce a cash shop.

:rolleyes: And here I was thinking of taking you off ignore since you had started to civil up.

People have asked CZE to commit to putting in everything from sleeves to gold boosters to every other item you could think of to make a cash grab. Ones that people wouldn't even mind being up there. They've said, quite clearly and repeatedly, no.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 12:55 PM
:rolleyes: And here I was thinking of taking you off ignore since you had started to civil up.

People have asked CZE to commit to putting in everything from sleeves to gold boosters to every other item you could think of to make a cash grab. Ones that people wouldn't even mind being up there. They've said, quite clearly and repeatedly, no.

As you can see from my past posts, I am quite skeptical of Cryptozoic-as I've had no past experience with them. However, I did give them the benefit of the doubt and pledged 8x Kings. Regardless of the resetting feature, I hope they stand by what they say.

jai151
05-24-2013, 01:01 PM
As you can see from my past posts, I am quite skeptical of Cryptozoic-as I've had no past experience with them. However, I did give them the benefit of the doubt and pledged 8x Kings. Regardless of the resetting feature, I hope they stand by what they say.

8 Kings? That's just a bit of overkill, isn't it?

Considering A) The glut of series one cards from Kickstarter (making the packs not worth as much), B) The fact that you can only merge 4 rewards and C) The fact that at the very least CZE is frowning on multiple accounts, you'd be much better served going 2X Collector, 1X Dungeon Crawler, and 1X 250 tier of your choice.

Yasi
05-24-2013, 01:09 PM
8 Kings? That's just a bit of overkill, isn't it?

Considering A) The glut of series one cards from Kickstarter (making the packs not worth as much), B) The fact that you can only merge 4 rewards and C) The fact that at the very least CZE is frowning on multiple accounts, you'd be much better served going 2X Collector, 1X Dungeon Crawler, and 1X 250 tier of your choice.

I thought about that for awhile, but I like opening boosters and the chance at getting a primal pack. I mean, of course I'll end up with a lot of commons and "worthless" cards, but overall it'll still be "better" than the other tiers for me because none of the rewards matter to me personally. I'll have 4x on one account and 4x on another account which may be frowned upon, but I don't think it's any different from people who are playing with their spouses or relatives. I also have other reasons for getting a lot of Kings, but that's for another time. And initially I wanted 1x Dungeon Crawler and 7x King or a mix of something with a lot of King just because of the booster packs, so I might change my mind near the end of the pledge.

dogmod
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I thought about that for awhile, but I like opening boosters and the chance at getting a primal pack. I mean, of course I'll end up with a lot of commons and "worthless" cards, but overall it'll still be "better" than the other tiers for me because none of the rewards matter to me personally. I'll have 4x on one account and 4x on another account which may be frowned upon, but I don't think it's any different from people who are playing with their spouses or relatives. I also have other reasons for getting a lot of Kings, but that's for another time. And initially I wanted 1x Dungeon Crawler and 7x King or a mix of something with a lot of King just because of the booster packs, so I might change my mind near the end of the pledge.

After how much the community trolled crypto for the whole PP/250 tiers thing I am pretty sure that Yasi is actually an account Cory created to troll us back... Effing brilliant...

Yasi
05-24-2013, 01:38 PM
After how much the community trolled crypto for the whole PP/250 tiers thing I am pretty sure that Yasi is actually an account Cory created to troll us back... Effing brilliant...

Nope, I'm just like you and the rest of the community. Super excited to play the game!