PDA

View Full Version : hex raid suggestion

theghost32
05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
My suggestion for a hex raid or dungeon would be the player against a giant dwarven built mech would be awesome.

jai151
05-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Do it Voltron style. You have the choice of racing to the end and fighting an enormous, combined mech, or you weave your way through the lab/workshop/factory, taking out components of the final boss as you go.

wallofomens
05-24-2013, 01:08 PM
My suggestion for a hex raid or dungeon would be the player against a giant dwarven built mech would be awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is already in the game or they plan to make it.

4acrossisemu
05-24-2013, 02:20 PM
the lore makes mention of a giant sentient factory roaming the land called slaughterhouse.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Do it Voltron style. You have the choice of racing to the end and fighting an enormous, combined mech, or you weave your way through the lab/workshop/factory, taking out components of the final boss as you go.

This seems reminiscent of the Kraken's lair mechanics though.

jai151
05-24-2013, 02:42 PM
This seems reminiscent of the Kraken's lair mechanics though.

All depends on how it's done. Kraken's lair had a bunch of identical fights. I was thinking more along the lines of two sets of 5 machines, each with a single color, and a boss playing a prismatic deck. 10 possible side fights and for each you don't kill, the boss starts with one threshold of that color.

Madican
05-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Six separate encounters that pertain to pieces of the robot. If you fight all six and beat them then the final boss fight is fairly easy and rewards reflect that.

But if you choose to ignore the six parts and go straight to the robot, he engages hard mode and has all of his parts. If you beat him then the rewards are vastly amplified.

Would turn the momentum thing on its head a bit though.

houjix
05-24-2013, 02:51 PM
The easiest way to implement it is, each piece represents an 0/1 worker bot with some unique effect that affects all other bots that would start in play for the dungeon boss. Defeating each piece would remove that particular 0/1 from the boss fight before you get there making it easier.