PDA

View Full Version : IGN - Video - Cory is interviewed while playing vs Kyle!

Fireblast
05-24-2013, 02:54 PM
here it is :

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/05/24/hex-mmo-trading-card-game-developer-demo

Cory's good at teasing, wandering on the "Collection Tab" and loosely clicking cards :D

~

Erebus
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
I yelled at the screen "Trip him into a bear, Kyle!"

Fireblast
05-24-2013, 03:32 PM
This was in article discussion, might as well delete it than move it

~

CoolGrayAJ
05-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Hahaha!

Wins: 45 Losses: 85410
Percentage: Totally like 90%

OP_Kyle
05-24-2013, 04:52 PM
When you see me play that Rampaging Tarasque, pretend I played it pre-combat (when I wasn't distracted by things in the office) and smashed him in the face.

That is all.

dogmod
05-24-2013, 04:59 PM
When you see me play that Rampaging Tarasque, pretend I played it pre-combat (when I wasn't distracted by things in the office) and smashed him in the face.

That is all.

What about when you forgot your charge power? Hmmm more work :(

Barov
05-24-2013, 05:05 PM
I thought you were just dragging the game out a couple of turns so the interview wasn't too short lol.

Madican
05-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Also probably bad form to trounce the boss on Turn 3-4 in front of the press.

That's probably a paddlin'.

Erebus
05-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Rampaging Tarasque was just too similar to a bear....

Kyle was suffering from PTSD (Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder)

Dralon
05-24-2013, 05:29 PM

That is all.

I just figured you didn't want to destroy your "boss" too quickly ;)

Showsni
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, we just assumed you were going easy on him.

LexC
05-24-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/hex-shards-fate-developer-demo/ Another Demo

Mike411
05-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the win, I was rooting for you.

Cory was a bit distracted by the interview, so you could say it was even footing.

Ramshackal
05-24-2013, 05:55 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/hex-shards-fate-developer-demo/ Another Demo

Thank you! This is great!

Showsni
05-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Heh, I guess Corey got revenge in the Gamesradar video. That Zoltog looks like quite the limited bomb... If you don't deal with him when he hits the table, things are going to get out of hand pretty quickly.

ramseytheory
05-24-2013, 06:12 PM
I notice even Cryptozoic employees seem to forget about the charge powers fairly often if they're a little distracted - maybe the button should pop out a bit more? Right now it blends in a little too well with the rest of the UI.

WaylandX
05-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Great Vid, TY!

Jotora
05-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I notice even Cryptozoic employees seem to forget about the charge powers fairly often if they're a little distracted - maybe the button should pop out a bit more? Right now it blends in a little too well with the rest of the UI.Does the button just appear? Perhaps they need to add a distinct sound effect and some sort of a light/particle effect when it becomes available.

This should occur on both/all players' screens (so your opponent is also reminded that your charge power is active).

Fireblast
05-27-2013, 10:30 AM
The AI should play cards for you too

~

ramseytheory
05-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Does the button just appear? Perhaps they need to add a distinct sound effect and some sort of a light/particle effect when it becomes available.

This should occur on both/all players' screens (so your opponent is also reminded that your charge power is active).

Yes, currently the button just appears - having a few special effects to highlight it sounds like an excellent idea.

The AI should play cards for you too

Oh, the horror. The game might be made slightly easier for casuals and new players at no cost to strategic or tactical depth.

Yinwaru
05-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I notice even Cryptozoic employees seem to forget about the charge powers fairly often if they're a little distracted - maybe the button should pop out a bit more? Right now it blends in a little too well with the rest of the UI.
Yeah, I think it's happened in every gameplay video I've seen so far of Hex (sometimes multiple turns in a row, even after it was mentioned the previous turn). Probably a good idea to make it pop out a bit more.

Fireblast
05-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I think it's happened in every gameplay video I've seen so far of Hex (sometimes multiple turns in a row, even after it was mentioned the previous turn). Probably a good idea to make it pop out a bit more.

The button shouldn't even pop up, you have to think about what you can/should do.

My comment about the AI playing for you was (obviously) sarcasm...

~

Ryoma_Echizen
05-28-2013, 07:23 AM
There should be a charge aura around your champion when it is fully charged rather than just a mark or some other can't miss indicator. As one of the unique features of HEX it should feel special and awesome rather than something mundane and ordinary.

panzer
06-04-2013, 04:29 PM
What was the deal with the interviewer (Justin with IGN) he kept interrupting Corey and sounded like he was in a hurry or distracted. Am I the only one who got that impression???