PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want my grand king?

JesusChristMD
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking of backing off.

We can figure out how to do it.

nicosharp
05-24-2013, 03:15 PM
they are probably too busy auto-refreshing the kickstarter page. Just free it up... Whether or not they are desperate to get 1, or just want to stack, it will be scooped up immediately.

Fireblast
05-24-2013, 03:18 PM
they are probably too busy auto-refreshing the kickstarter page. Just free it up... Whether or not they are desperate to get 1, or just want to stack, it will be scooped up immediately.

He's trying to "sell" the slot :)

~

nicosharp
05-24-2013, 03:19 PM
He's trying to "sell" the slot :)

~

and that is why I responded the way I did. He doesn't own anything but a bookmark.

JesusChristMD
05-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I've paid for my "bookmark".

And don't respond like you know what I'm doing please. I think we all know about what happens when you assume.

nicosharp
05-24-2013, 03:20 PM

And don't respond like you know what I'm doing please. I think we all know about what happens when you assume.

Amen. Jesus.

but you technically don't pay till June 7th.???
I've seen 4posts over the last several hours on the kickstarter page hoping for a GK pledge.

JesusChristMD
05-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I went through paypal because it's easier for me than amazon checkout.

Fireblast
05-24-2013, 03:26 PM
I went through paypal because it's easier for me than amazon checkout.

Contact CZE and ask for a refund, they said in update about stacking pledges that they'd accomodate.

Your OP wasn't clear that it was a paypal GK

~

JesusChristMD
05-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm more hoping someone I know/have met/whatever needs/wants one as opposed to opening it up to someone using scripts to get their 4th grand king.

nicosharp
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm more hoping someone I know/have met/whatever needs/wants one as opposed to opening it up to someone using scripts to get their 4th grand king.

That is the Christian thing to do. I commend you!
So the paypal auto-withdraws? That does make it more complicated..

fido_one
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM

That's what I would hope to do if I had to back out. Good show.

Voices
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
A noble gesture. $500 is too much for me though. Will most likely go for a $250. Chances of the PP are more than slim now though. Hope you get a friend to sort you out :)

Arveene
05-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Hello, I was introduced to this KS project a few days ago by a friend of mine. I've always been hesitant to back projects (this would have been my first), but the allure of a TCG is strong. I spent a few hours when I was linked to it researching and trying to get as much info on the game as possible. Once I decided to commit, I figured I'd want to get in on a free draft every week for life and was ready to pull the trigger on it. It just so happened that PP had already sold out and there weren't many GKs left when I first found out about it. I've been sitting here whenever I have free time trying to get a GK or PP if someone drops. With that being said, if there's a way to do this safely I'd love to have a chance to be backer for what looks to be a promising TCGMMO.

Empyrium
05-24-2013, 04:26 PM
You can use Chrome addon "Auto Refresh Plus" and refresh your Manage Your Pledge once every second, and make it play a sound when a condition is met, for example "1 of 959" or whatever the number of GK is. I got 3 GK that way (one for me, one for my wife and one for my mother in law). It took me 6 hours to get the last one, but it works, if you are patient and have something else to do in front of your computer...

I don't know for Paypal, but for Kickstarter, even if you synchronize yourself with someone dropping his pledge, chances are someone else will snipe it before you do...

Mike411
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
By the way, Lisa.Villaire -at- cryptozoic.com is a good contact to get your paypal pledge refunded. I believe what happens is Cryptozoic will manually put a slot back in kickstarter at their convenience...

Birdman
05-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm currently looking for a gk, I have a pp at the moment, but I wanted to upgrade to gk. If your interested I could trade my pp spot for your gk, or however you would want to go about it.

JesusChristMD
05-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Empyrium that is exactly why i do NOT want to just give it up.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 07:02 PM
You can use Chrome addon "Auto Refresh Plus" and refresh your Manage Your Pledge once every second, and make it play a sound when a condition is met, for example "1 of 959" or whatever the number of GK is. I got 3 GK that way (one for me, one for my wife and one for my mother in law). It took me 6 hours to get the last one, but it works, if you are patient and have something else to do in front of your computer...

I don't know for Paypal, but for Kickstarter, even if you synchronize yourself with someone dropping his pledge, chances are someone else will snipe it before you do...

Got my 3rd pro tier doing that

Gwaer
05-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Got my 3rd pro tier doing that
Seems like everyone is using my trick. Glad I spilled on it.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 09:08 PM

You're my grand king <3

Genocidal
05-24-2013, 10:07 PM

Yep, it's great that there are people hoarding multiples of the limited tiers. :(

ForgedSol
05-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Yep, it's great that there are people hoarding multiples of the limited tiers. :(

The question is would you let multiples go if you had them?

(And this is a fantastic trick to know in general. I back a lot of kickstarter projects.)

Madican
05-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I would honestly like it very much if Crypto came out tomorrow and retracted what they said about stacking tiers so everyone had to pick just one.

Daer
05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah that would be a great move

Genocidal
05-24-2013, 10:24 PM
The question is would you let multiples go if you had them?

(And this is a fantastic trick to know in general. I back a lot of kickstarter projects.)

I have a PP and GK and will guaranteed be dropping one of them (probably PP) by the end of the Kickstarter.

I would honestly like it very much if Crypto came out tomorrow and retracted what they said about stacking tiers so everyone had to pick just one.

Agreed. If you couple it with a new mid-high tier or two that isn't limited I think the backlash would be minimized, and this would free up some Pro and Grand Kings for new pledges which would grow the community at the critical first steps of public availability.

ForgedSol
05-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I guess my next question would be, are you planning on giving one up because you had intended that all along, the combined tiers are above what you want to spend, or because you want to give other people a chance of picking it up?

(Multiple Pro Tiers, I would never give up... but I have multiple Grand Kings because I was too late for the Pro Tiers. Now that I have my Collector Tier answer from the latest update, I have some thinking to do.)

Qorsair
05-24-2013, 10:42 PM

I would actually be in favor of that, but I'm afraid that makes me a shroomkin in a den of shin'hares.
It'd be nice to be able to drop at least one of the extra Pro tiers that I have. I was originally only planning on pledging GK, but as I get more and more into Hex, I want more and more Pro tiers. (Curse you Cryptozoic!!! --not really, I love you guys, but my wallet hates you-- ) So now I'm trying to talk my wife into the DC tier so I can have her Pro.

Honestly, not being able to stack them would save me at least $500 now (and cost me more down the road, but that's another story).

ForgedSol
05-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Trying to trick your wife out of her Pro Tier!? You're a lucky man. Don't make her resent you down the line.

nicosharp
05-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I agree. There should be no tier stacking. But it is kind of hard to regulate the hoarding of tiers with multiple accounts. There should be a lower limit of tiers you could pick up per CC. Two max, but no stacking. This would allow a family member to purchase a second account for another family member. This would require at least multiple credit cards to purchase more than 2 tiers. Easily doable, but hopefully a short-term barrier.

Genocidal
05-24-2013, 10:57 PM
I guess my next question would be, are you planning on giving one up because you had intended that all along, the combined tiers are above what you want to spend, or because you want to give other people a chance of picking it up?

(Multiple Pro Tiers, I would never give up... but I have multiple Grand Kings because I was too late for the Pro Tiers. Now that I have my Collector Tier answer from the latest update, I have some thinking to do.)

A combination of the first two; I grabbed a Pro Player then as the Grand Kings were picking up steam I grabbed one of those because I wasn't sure which I wanted/would be able to reasonably pledge without feeling guilty. I know they aren't going to backtrack but it would probably have more positives than negatives in the long run -- more early backers who will tell their friends, less people gaming the system and getting their fill from the free pledge bonuses (I doubt that 1 draft/week will be sufficient for most players, but 3-4 drafts is more likely), and more profits over time because of the second point. Everyone arguing that free draft for a year is good because it will make the community bigger should be ok with this because it will do the same thing.

Edit: We've horribly derailed this thread, but I think this is a conversation with merit; I'd love to make a thread tomorrow at a more reasonable hour and see what the general reaction is.

Qorsair
05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Trying to trick your wife out of her Pro Tier!? You're a lucky man. Don't make her resent you down the line.

Yeah, maybe I didn't explain it well, it's more that I'm trying to talk myself into not saving it for her.

She said she doesn't care which one she gets. I don't think she realizes the value of the Pro tier, but she says she doesn't care about drafting (which I do believe she really doesn't right now). I'm just worried in a year she's going to be addicted to drafting and I'm going to be dropping $7/week for her to draft.

Madican
05-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Just spend whatever platinum you earn from your PP tier for boosters and entry tickets to satisfy her. That's if she gets addicted to it.

Llauorn
05-24-2013, 11:23 PM
I think multiple pledges to stack tiers is ok, but I think it would have been better to only allow the unlimited tiers to be eligible for stacking.

Qorsair
05-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Just spend whatever platinum you earn from your PP tier for boosters and entry tickets to satisfy her. That's if she gets addicted to it.

...you just cost me $500! :mad:
Brilliant! :D

EdwardBishop
06-06-2013, 07:02 AM
I agree. There should be no tier stacking. But it is kind of hard to regulate the hoarding of tiers with multiple accounts. There should be a lower limit of tiers you could pick up per CC. Two max, but no stacking. This would allow a family member to purchase a second account for another family member. This would require at least multiple credit cards to purchase more than 2 tiers. Easily doable, but hopefully a short-term barrier.

Amen.

Ch33ky
06-06-2013, 07:56 AM

Hypocrite. ;)