PDA

View Full Version : GK and PP or GK and Collector? Tough Decision.

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:15 PM
I can't decide on whether I should go with PP or Collectors with my GK. The addition to collectors would mean I would have a playset of AA's and 2 drafts for a year. PP means I'll have 2 drafts for life. Any insight?

IndigoShade
05-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Keep in mind the draft for a year doesn't stack with Pro/GK's draft for life.

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Keep in mind the draft for a year doesn't stack with Pro/GK's draft for life.

It doesn't have to. I'd put it on another account for full benefit. No real reason to merge them, but it would be more convenient to just have one account. Worth the inconvenience for $336 value.

IndigoShade
05-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what the stance on multiple accounts is. Unfortunately with their no stacking clause they make creating a 2nd account to with your Pro/Gk incredibly tempting. I'd prefer not to bother with multiple accounts, but I would consider dropping my Pro for a Collector on a 2nd account instead to go along with my GK with that year of drafts.

ForgedSol
05-24-2013, 05:21 PM
I suppose it's nice that Collector is the most convenient to not have to stack. Once the year is up, all you have to do it log on a couple times a year to transfer the AA. Other than that, just move over your entire collection to the GK, and you're pretty much in the same boat.

Pentregarth
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
If I'm not completely mistaken, the one-year free draft doesn't stack with the one from PP/GK, so maybe that helps your decision ;-)
I'd stick with pp, as you can always aquire the rest of a playset you like with the massive amount of cards you're going to get from your two weekly drafts, but that's just personal opinion.

Aaric
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Isn't pro player tier sold out though?

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Isn't pro player tier sold out though?

I'm already sitting on a pp, GK, and a collector.

IndigoShade
05-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Which I'm sure is quite painful, given that your wallet likely offers much less cushion than it used to. I know mine does. :(

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Which I'm sure is quite painful, given that your wallet likely offers much less cushion than it used to. I know mine does. :(

I started at $20 lol. I'm really at the limit justifying $750. I can't possibly convince myself to 1000. I stopped looking at the ps4 I was going to get a while ago. This is more my style anyways.

Madican
05-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Sure you can.

LexC
05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
GK + 2xKing

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:37 PM
GK + 2xKing

I'm curious why? You get a huge lump of packs. I guess it all depends on how long the game lasts. A whole cake now or a cupcake every week forever?

Aaric
05-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I'd pass on the collector tier then, as the 1-yr draft from it won't stack with the lifetime draft from your GK tier, but your pro player one will..

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I'd pass on the collector tier then, as the 1-yr draft from it won't stack with the lifetime draft from your GK tier, but your pro player one will..

It will stack when I put it on another account. There is no benefit to merging a collector.

thereck
05-24-2013, 05:42 PM
it really depends, PP+Collector or PP vs Double king are your best values. If you want the alternate art Cards, save yourself the trouble and hassle of making deals for them go PP+ collector, if you want your investment to be more fluid, go PP+ Kingx2

Dallas
05-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Never scroll down, once you give into one tier you can talk yourself into the next! I waited for GK and Dragon Lord to sell out to convince myself to go primal and accidentally scrolled down =p

thereck
05-24-2013, 05:45 PM
the math would be 12 rares that will be 5-15 dollars a card IF they are legendaries and rares that are wanted for competition vs an extra set of packs, an account full of hero exclusives and deck sleeves, extra exclusive card set, and the biggie extra garden, which will probably be worth a pack a week a little after launch.

$60-180 a year vs about 155 packs ($155) card set (?) account (?- $10 min at closed beta) extra garden ($52 a year) 2 legendary equipment + set of materials ( couple packs, guessing $6) + All the starter decks ( couple packs each and one has a legendary, at least $12) etc.

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 05:49 PM
the math would be 12 rares that will be 5-15 dollars a card IF they are legendaries and rares that are wanted for competition vs an extra set of packs, an account full of hero exclusives and deck sleeves, extra exclusive card set, and the biggie extra garden, which will probably be worth a pack a week a little after launch.

That would give collector a $200 value and pp about a $330 value after the first year. I guess it just depends how long the game will go for.

thereck
05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
collector gets a draft as well first year, I value that at $206 if you want drafts, if you don't, the card value will be less to you than actual packs will be

IndigoShade
05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately they haven't mentioned what rarity the cards that are being given alternate art are. Also, whether the cards are staples in whatever metagame develops or not would also obviously affect their value. Kind of a gamble, although all of their tiers clearly give you quite a bit for your $ compared to the standard $2 boosters. I'm with you though, I told myself I was crazy for dropping $750 and the guy on my right shoulder has been trying to convince the guy on my left to "Do it! You know you want to" all day.

Floru
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Give in and get all 3 ;)

thereck
05-24-2013, 06:01 PM
most tcg's shoot for the competition rares, but of course they can't guess what will become meta.

Corpselocker
05-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I have GK and a PP. The new collector boosts had me reevaluate today. I'll get some collector fodder from my GK, but the PP will be much more valuable than six art cards after that first year is up. I'm wagering one year, two years, three+ from now, even if I am not active, it will be fun to come in and draft a brand new set a few times a week. I'm also wagering at my tiers that this is my new equivalent to air.

Brumby66
05-24-2013, 10:19 PM
I have GK and a PP. The new collector boosts had me reevaluate today. I'll get some collector fodder from my GK, but the PP will be much more valuable than six art cards after that first year is up. I'm wagering one year, two years, three+ from now, even if I am not active, it will be fun to come in and draft a brand new set a few times a week. I'm also wagering at my tiers that this is my new equivalent to air.

I'm not going to like having only 2 of the AA cards, but I guess I can use them as trades. PP will give me more in the long run and I won't have to cheat the system by making 2 accounts.