PDA

View Full Version : Artsy Beginnings?

Ebynfel
05-24-2013, 09:25 PM
I was just wondering because I had been waiting to comment on the article, but I have not seen the Article Discussion thread pop up in it's appropriate section. I believe a lot of the art i have seen so far for Hex looks absolutely amazing, and as a digital hobbyist myself, I would like to get more insight int othat topic. I know that it was said that the art will be featured in more articles, but one of the things I had wondered about specifically were things mentioned in that article, and to comment on the art seen there.

Another thing I had noticed was mention of the Style Guide, and was wondering if this is something restricted completely to NDA backed professional artists, or if it is something that can be seen by the general community and hobbyists who love the look of Hex and would like a deeper insight as to how the various factions are thought to look, from the minds of those that created them. I understand this may be a protected document, but I feel it would be a pretty sweet thing to see. I know as a KS backer I get a digital copy of the Art of Hex book, but I had assumed a style guide was comepletely different.

From that perspective, even though I know I may never see the guide myself ,what does a style guide specifically contain? What might one expect in one? This here is something that just piqued my interest as both an amateur artist and a fan of art in general.

MugenMusou
05-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Agree 100%. These cards are collect worthy quality. Every cards I see, I just love the art. They have their own flavor/taste/feel but all are in the greatest quality. Art quality of this game I would give A+ except one card...

Madican
05-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Well some tiers are getting a digital art book so you'll have plenty to drool over soon.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Well some tiers are getting a digital art book so you'll have plenty to drool over soon.

He addressed that in his post, he is talking about a style guide (which seems to be/may be different? I'm not an art person).

Ebynfel
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
He addressed that in his post, he is talking about a style guide (which seems to be/may be different? I'm not an art person).

The style guide was something referenced in the article that is given to the artists so that the ycan give their art for Hex a more uniform feel. Like not having Shin'hare in 14th century european armor. Basically, the style guide, the way I took it, outlines for the artist exactly what they need to consider when painting specifically for the world of Hex.

Ebynfel
05-24-2013, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I'll be getting it, and drool I will:) What I am hoping for here are answers about the style guide, and specifically discussion on the article and art. It will be magnificent I am sure, this art book, but the stuff I'd like to peer into here more specifically relates to the production side I guess, as the tone of the article was from an art intern with Cryptozoic.