PDA

View Full Version : Rarity cards

purple-one
05-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Because of the equipment shown I know a little bit more.

White icon is Common
Green icon is Uncommon
Blue is Rare which you can see on multiple different equipment
Red is Legendary again see equipments
Black//grey is a card made by other cards

So Orange is ???

Anyone have a clue?

imacpc
05-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Limited edition maybe? Sortra like ghost rares in yugioh

WSzaboPeter
05-25-2013, 02:23 AM
I think it makes sense to introduce a rarity for limited edition card not found in boosters. In Magic any card can be found in a booster. Even a Black Lotus, if you happen to have an unopened alpha/beta/unlimited booster it might contain one.

purple-one
05-25-2013, 02:44 AM
With exclusive kickstarter reward cards makes limited edition illogical. If you look at Lady Cassandra have a red icon but you can only get her by kickstarter.

Fireblast
05-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Orange means promo

Been said by CZE.

~

Fireblast
05-25-2013, 03:03 AM
With exclusive kickstarter reward cards makes limited edition illogical. If you look at Lady Cassandra have a red icon but you can only get her by kickstarter.

She should be orange, and will be on release :)

~

primer
05-25-2013, 03:46 AM

So whats the gold symbol next to the red rarity part?

Yasi
05-25-2013, 04:13 AM
So whats the gold symbol next to the red rarity part?

PvE exclusive.

purple-one
05-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Orange means promo

Been said by CZE.

~

Answering my questing thanks

Hexmage
05-25-2013, 04:31 AM
Maybe it's red because it's just an alternate art?
Or maybe it's red because these are not the alternate art cards but the actual cards you can get in the set?

ShaolinRaven
05-25-2013, 06:56 AM
As others have said Orange is promotional, the thing is that not all the cards have been updated to reflect that and especially the alternate are cards. For instance alternate art Replicators Gambit is Orange, but a lot of the pve Exclusive cards are not Orange. I figure they will be unifying the color symbols and the little gold mask thing that denotes pve to the left of the color symbols during the summer before we hit beta.

tgm0112
05-25-2013, 09:12 AM
On a slightly related note (or related enough that I didn't care to start a new thread), I actually find myself disliking the rarity indicators a bit. Hex is a game of five different forms of magic, the original blood/wild and more recent diamond/ruby/sapphire. Each color will play very differently and have it's own recurring themes. No one color/shade is inherently better than the other.

Then we look at the card rarity hierarchy and find an established ordering of white, green, blue, and red in terms of card "worth". I realize these colors are not mechanistically related to diamond, wild, sapphire, and ruby respectively, but for a game where the different color flavors are such a key component, using these same colors for an ordering system seems like a misstep.

As such, I would strongly suggest adopting a new ranking system, which may yet be adopted by beta or release with relative ease. There are plenty of possibilities, established as well as new.

Examples:

1. circle, diamond, star, nova
2. grey, bronze, silver, gold, platinum
3. seed, bush, tree, forrest
4. moon, sun, comet, black hole
5. progressively more impressive shard shapes (gem chip to perfect cut stone)

Just a thought.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 09:19 AM
On a slightly related note (or related enough that I didn't care to start a new thread), I actually find myself disliking the rarity indicators a bit. Hex is a game of five different forms of magic, the original blood/wild and more recent diamond/ruby/sapphire. Each color will play very differently and have it's own recurring themes. No one color/shade is inherently better than the other.

Then we look at the card rarity hierarchy and find an established ordering of white, green, blue, and red in terms of card "worth". I realize these colors are not mechanistically related to diamond, wild, sapphire, and ruby respectively, but for a game where the different color flavors are such a key component, using these same colors for an ordering system seems like a misstep.

As such, I would strongly suggest adopting a new ranking system, which may yet be adopted by beta or release with relative ease. There are plenty of possibilities, established as well as new.

Examples:

Just a thought.

Dog (common), kitten (uncommon), cat (rare), tiger (legendary)

Gwaer
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM

Examples:

Just a thought.

Agreed

ShaolinRaven
05-25-2013, 10:18 AM

Examples:

Just a thought.

I'm fine with it being color, because in that color bar you also have the set number. So at a quick glance you get the rarity and the set number it is from.

Daer
05-25-2013, 10:44 AM
I prefer the chosen colors over any suggestion so far.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 10:47 AM
I prefer the chosen color over any suggestion so far.

Whatchu got against kitty cats?