PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion about New Tiers and Add-on's.

Ditsch
05-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi , after 3 days were the pledge levels were the lowest level of the whole campaign it's pretty clear that we would need new tiers or add on's. So here my suggestion , I hope others also have ideas and post them here. Thank you.

After looking all the stretch goals i was thinking a VIP package for life would be great.

VIP Tier: 140 $ to 170 $ (I lean to the lower end aka 140$ but that might be to cheap) Everything from the King tier. VIP for life of the game! (get 1 booster pack a week free, access to a monthly tournament that features juiced prizes, and access to a "goldfish" feature so you can test out your deck's initial draw and first few draws after that.)
“The VIP” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.

Of course the 250 $ tiers won't get that advantage, i would give it to dragon lord and higher.

Or as a Add on:

VIP : 50 $ VIP for life of the game! (get 1 booster pack a week free, access to a monthly tournament that features juiced prizes, and access to a "goldfish" feature so you can test out your deck's initial draw and first few draws after that.)

I have around 60 $ left to spend on the game so i would totally add VIP to my tier. :)

Thank you.

Yasi
05-25-2013, 06:16 AM
The kickstarter goal is $300,000.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-25-2013, 06:18 AM
And at the current average of the last 3 days we will go way past the next stretch goal.

MasterN64
05-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Kickstarters all end up stalling somewhat. After they hit a certain critical mass they just fall off the earnings untill a small rush at the end. Hex managed to have such a steady trend because of the Pro Player and Grand king tiers being so awesome. Allowing the stacking of tiers helped that also. There are many people that got Grand King and 2x Pro for 3 drafts a week.

Naturally when they all sold out the gains for the day tanked a bit.

And as it stands Cyrpto has given out a RIDICULOUS amount of free stuff so asking for too much more is a little much. Especially something that will eat into potential profit like the drafts have done so far. We want this game to succeed and not stumble and fall under the weight of supplying us kickstarter supporters with their endless supply of free stuff.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Add-Ons create their own complications by having to send out surveys and needing staff to create a system to combine them to your pledge. However, with the fact that pledges can be combined they are already going to have some similar problems. If I would create some add-ons I certainly wouldn't use anything that can give you free packs for life. This can create a system were people pledge for add-ons just so they can sell their accounts on a secondary market post-launch. Everything should have a limit.

Here's my suggestions:

VIP for 1 year $40 (normally would cost $48) Only one per account
Beta invite $10 (Basically gives you the ability to add family members and friends or allows for multi-boxing without having to create extra kickstarter accounts)

Dallas
05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
There is a great suggestion in there! I've been hoping to see a feature that let you test out the first bit of your deck. Something that's solo and quick to reset to see go your deck plays out in the first few turns over and over.

Digital_Aether
05-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Dallas - the VIP subscription already offers that. Anyone who is champion or above already gets 3 free months of it. The subscription is $4 a month and comes with 4 boosters, the ability to enter (still has a fee) a VIP only tournament every month, and that feature. OP is trying to make a tier out of paying for one year to get a lifetime subscription to it.

Estar1
05-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Its common for kickstarters to have very low days outside of the first 5 and last 5 days. ? Hex actually is an outlier in terms of kickstarter numbers.

Pentregarth
05-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Beta invite $10 (Basically gives you the ability to add family members and friends or allows for multi-boxing without having to create extra kickstarter accounts)

That already exists, it's called paypal donation ;)

Ditsch
05-25-2013, 07:15 AM
I don't see a problem with the sustainability even if the VIP tier is on the lower end of my suggestion (aka 140 $) , what everyone seems always to forget here it is a free to play game so they need a good offer to get people to give you their money which i did give and it's not even close to what a pro player gets or the other 250$ tiers.

This kickstarter is the first time I did/will spend money on a free to play game and i have tons of friends who never pay to play a free to play game, none of them jumped on this project, their reaction was if it's free to play they will try it out when it's done.

But the devs must know how they think about it. Of course everyone can have different view on it. Still thank you for the feedback. I hope some people can give other idea's about new tiers or add on's.

MasterPlan
05-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Hi , after 3 days were the pledge levels were the lowest level of the whole campaign it's pretty clear that we would need new tiers or add on's. So here my suggestion , I hope others also have ideas and post them here. Thank you.

After looking all the stretch goals i was thinking a VIP package for life would be great.

VIP Tier: 140 $ to 170 $ (I lean to the lower end aka 140$ but that might be to cheap) Everything from the King tier. VIP for life of the game! (get 1 booster pack a week free, access to a monthly tournament that features juiced prizes, and access to a "goldfish" feature so you can test out your deck's initial draw and first few draws after that.)
“The VIP” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.

Of course the 250 $ tiers won't get that advantage, i would give it to dragon lord and higher.

Or as a Add on:

VIP : 50 $ VIP for life of the game! (get 1 booster pack a week free, access to a monthly tournament that features juiced prizes, and access to a "goldfish" feature so you can test out your deck's initial draw and first few draws after that.)

I have around 60 $ left to spend on the game so i would totally add VIP to my tier. :)

Thank you.

I vote no to this. Maybe be able to purchase VIP for a year or two at a discount but no VIP for life as an add on. I want the company to succeed, there currently is no reason to offer that. If they want to do add on's I would say the ability to buy boosters or starters at a reduced cost.

I think they could offer a stackable 1 draft per week limited to 1 year add on. not sure how to value it, but I do not think they should make more offerings for life. (That being said I would buy it as an addon if it were available.)

Daer
05-25-2013, 07:27 AM
You are basically suggesting VIP for life for $20-$50, which is ridiculous.

Simokon
05-25-2013, 07:29 AM

It would have to be at least a couple hundred dollars before it would be worth it for crypto imo

Kami
05-25-2013, 07:31 AM

If there were to be VIP for life, buy-in would be reasonably priced at $200+ (each year is roughly $48 - so that's at least 4 years worth).

The argument flounders when the OP states how much money they have to spend within their budget as opposed to objective pricing of the 'perk'.

Vibraxus
05-25-2013, 07:38 AM
There dont need to be any new tiers, or new perks added to tiers, or open more people to any tiers. Their goal was 300k, we are well past that and will in all likleyhood real their end final stretch goal. As been said many times before, every KS has a lull, we are having it right now.

Ditsch
05-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Seems people have different views what is reasonable. The value they did give away for all the 250 $ tiers was more then 250 dollar in a year. Like they were stating 364 dollar of give away's in a year for the non pro player 250 $ tiers.

I don't see my suggestion more problematic then what pro player does or the other 250 $ tiers do. This suggestion would not even pay it self in less then a year as tier like the others do.

What is true as a add on it might be to cheap for 50 $ as one year VIP would cost 48 $ , it should be more like a deal to get VIP for 2 year for 50 $ , it should be limited in length (2years) and non stackable.

MugenMusou
05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately, at this point I don't think they will add any more Tiers so only potential would be added as stretch bonus but then it could defeat the purpose of OP. Though I think its a great idea.

Here is one alternative. How about VIP Tier only gets 1 year of free VIP with cost of $150 i.e. you are only saving $20+ BUT it gives a special account privilege so that you can stack up multiple VIP (may be only up to 2 or perhaps 4 whatever seems fair). So in long run you can essentially buy more booster for $1, and you only get real benefit if you decided to subscribe more than 1 VIP a month. So Cryptozoic will get more money and VIP pledger will save more as he plays/pays more.

Malicus
05-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Seems people have different views what is reasonable. The value they did give away for all the 250 $ tiers was more then 250 dollar in a year. Like they were stating 364 dollar of give away's in a year for the non pro player 250 $ tiers.

I don't see my suggestion more problematic then what pro player does or the other 250 $ tiers do. This suggestion would not even pay it self in less then a year as tier like the others do.

What is true as a add on it might be to cheap for 50 $ as one year VIP would cost 48 $ , it should be more like a deal to get VIP for 2 year for 50 $ , it should be limited in length (2years) and non stackable.

I think a VIP 4 Life Tier would be priced at around $200 though this could have been a viable alternative to 1 year of free drafts in fixing the other tiers.

As far as add-ons go they are available, the ability to stack multiple rewards allows you to use almost any tier as an add-on.

juzamjedi
05-25-2013, 08:48 AM
If you are Crypto management... and you see the huge kickstarter numbers well beyond what you expected in budget... why would you feel the need to increase incentives for kickstarter very much beyond what is already out there? How much more new money do you expect to gain from adding a new tier with VIP for life?

Crypto kind of already did this. They added the free draft per week for a year to the other $250 tiers. No it's not a lifetime benefit but that's what they pro tier was for. They increased the $250 tiers to put them closer to Pro tier. OP, if you can go that high then you'll enjoy some new bonuses that weren't there previously.

It's my opinion that the price for VIP package and packs in general are low in this game compared to my alternatives. Sorry OP if that isn't what you want to hear, but maybe you can scrounge up a few more dollars for a $250 tier or stay where you are with current kickstarter bonuses.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 08:50 AM
No more tiers, no addons, no tier adjustments. Please. Everything is fine.

Daer
05-25-2013, 08:57 AM

+1

Genocidal
05-25-2013, 09:21 AM

I'm fine with 2 and 3 but no new tiers is leaving money on the table and potentially artificially restricting the community at a critical point in the game's life cycle. If we're happy with all the other changes meant to bring about a wider audience, it seems like some new in-between tiers should also be welcomed.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm fine with 2 and 3 but no new tiers is leaving money on the table and potentially artificially restricting the community at a critical point in the game's life cycle. If we're happy with all the other changes meant to bring about a wider audience, it seems like some new in-between tiers should also be welcomed.

The only reasonable spot I can see a new tier being added is 180-200. Also, the only real bonus I can see them giving to it is extended VIP membership, which would apply to the 250+ tiers as well. So any value you're going to add to that tier you have to factor in that over 2500 additional people are also going to get that. We've already seen that the only way people really rush to a tier is if it has some kind of tangible reward. So I really think CZE has a big chance of losing a lot of money if they offer a mid tier, when 2500+ people will get it immediately and it's unsure whether it actually will bring in a lot of people. If they made it exclusive to the 180-200 tier, I guarantee you tons of complaining will happen.

Genocidal
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
The $250 tiers are very clear when they say "everything from the King tier" and no mention of "everything from all the lower tiers," as do all of the higher tiers, so they wouldn't necessarily have to overlap (though I agree that if they don't stack with GK+ people would be rightfully annoyed). I do see your point though, and I guess what I have to say is that there are a lot of very smart people who work at Cryptozoic, I'm sure between the lot of them they could come up with a fair unlimited reward that doesn't hurt them in the long run.

What about a play off of Guild Master, offering 10-20 packs of the first two blocks on release? Enough to get someone interested in a new set and feel rewarded for their pledge, but not enough that they would feel they got everything they want out of the set and have no desire to buy more packs. If you play with the numbers of packs and blocks I could see that slotted in anywhere between King and Grand King.

Gwaer
05-25-2013, 10:05 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23997

I made a thread just for this!

BlindMan
05-25-2013, 10:13 AM

This. So much this.

Genocidal
05-25-2013, 10:59 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23997

I made a thread just for this!

Sorry, but that's not the concerned that's being voiced here (at least by me and a few others). I'd go into more detail but it's already been done, and I'm off -- holiday weekend and all. :)

Gwaer
05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Sorry, but that's not the concerned that's being voiced here (at least by me and a few others). I'd go into more detail but it's already been done, and I'm off -- holiday weekend and all. :)

Look at the first sentence of the first post. Yes you guys are off topic, that's great. However, my reply gets to the foundation of the original post. Have a nice holiday.

ForgedSol
05-25-2013, 11:30 AM
I mentioned this late to the discussion in the "What if GK was unlimited thread" that's now on the second page.

But I don't think it would be a big deal if they added 500 of a Late Bird Pro Player Tier for $400 and 500 of a Late Bird Grand King Tier for $800. (With or without stacking, I don't know which would be better.)

Note: The VIP Tier should be at least $200, if not just make it an additional $250 tier.

Edit: Reword those to be "Not Too Late Bird" Tiers to make them sound more positive.

Miraika
05-25-2013, 12:17 PM
I'd like to see a budget tier for getting just the Kickstarter exclusive stuff - it wouldn't have anything more than King tier, but it would cut the price by not giving boosters, normal starters, or the Lotus Garden (which feels like King-tier's "signature" reward and Lotuses will be for auction and probably won't be too pricey if you really wanted them).

[I've posted about this before, but I figure a lot of people passed over my thread which had an awkward title in retrospect.]

Ditsch
05-25-2013, 02:18 PM
The idea of budget tier/add on without booster or starters also sounds nice, but alas i could only see myself pledging for if it's with the lotus garden i don't care to much for the other cards.

The lower tiers are good what still is misisng in my eyes one between king and the 250 $ tiers, so a tier for 170 to 190 dollar would fit that spot, or even one tier for 150 $ and one for 200 $ but well i don't have goode idea except VIP tier 200 $ and for 150 $ a king tier with doubled kickstarter rewards or with doubled kickstarter exclusive cards.

So the new non update also didn't give any info about pve, new tiers or add on's. Either they need more time to cook up something or the are happy and only let the days out or till all limited tiers are sold.

Vibraxus
05-25-2013, 02:45 PM
The idea of budget tier/add on without booster or starters also sounds nice, but alas i could only see myself pledging for if it's with the lotus garden i don't care to much for the other cards.

The lower tiers are good what still is misisng in my eyes one between king and the 250 $ tiers, so a tier for 170 to 190 dollar would fit that spot, or even one tier for 150 $ and one for 200 $ but well i don't have goode idea except VIP tier 200 $ and for 150 $ a king tier with doubled kickstarter rewards or with doubled kickstarter exclusive cards.

So the new non update also didn't give any info about pve, new tiers or add on's. Either they need more time to cook up something or the are happy and only let the days out or till all limited tiers are sold.

If you throw in lower tiers that get almost the same thing as king, or just a little better than king, guess what you do to the 250+ tiers? Well they say they get everything king and above get, so you just now added a ton of stuff to the 250s and up. That just is silly.

Fireblast
05-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Tbh I don't think they want more money.
They boosted the $250 tiers for several reasons :
- They want people to have RL & GM for community purposes
- They want people to have DC to have a busy PvE AH
- They want people to have Collector because they are paying for the AA art pieces and wish the cards to be used/shown
- They probably already hired the mobile team and need to get past that last stretch goal

if we were to throw $2-3M at them they wouldn't be able to do crap with it considering the beta is in 3 months and the release in like 8...

~

Yinwaru
05-25-2013, 03:43 PM
If anything they should be adding alternate tiers between $250 and $2500. That's a huge gap and I'm sure that there are people sitting at $250 who would love to spend a bit more, but not $2000 more.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Tbh I don't think they want more money.
They boosted the $250 tiers for several reasons :
- They want people to have RL & GM for community purposes
- They want people to have DC to have a busy PvE AH
- They want people to have Collector because they are paying for the AA art pieces and wish the cards to be used/shown
- They probably already hired the mobile team and need to get past that last stretch goal

if we were to throw $2-3M at them they wouldn't be able to do crap with it considering the beta is in 3 months and the release in like 8...

~

On one interview they said they really want it out by end 2013.

Hadin
05-25-2013, 04:05 PM
On one interview they said they really want it out by end 2013.

The Gamesradar interview had a fairly confident Corey saying that they wanted to have it out by the end of the year.

Ditsch
05-26-2013, 04:51 AM
If you throw in lower tiers that get almost the same thing as king, or just a little better than king, guess what you do to the 250+ tiers? Well they say they get everything king and above get, so you just now added a ton of stuff to the 250s and up. That just is silly.

Sorry but they always refer to the king tier, so if they make a tier between king and the 250 $ tiers , the 250 $ tiers won't get that advantage, the same with the grand king. So it's perfectly worded to have space there to add a tier if they want that.