PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Rules for Hex

juzamjedi
05-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Dear Hex Developers,

I see a lot of questions in the forum about rules interactions. We're all excited for the game and trying to figure out how cards are going to work. The problem is that many of us are guessing how interactions will work because we don't know your rules (yet). Can someone from the dev team let us know when you will be posting comprehensive rules? If possible it would be GREAT if you can post the current rules with a caveat "subject to change" so the community can start understanding the cards better.

Thank you in advance.

Genocidal
05-25-2013, 09:16 AM
There's still 4 months until planned beta, and plenty of things need ironed out before then; if they provided an incomplete rule set and then changed things later there would be a lot of complaining. This seems a bit premature.

Dralon
05-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I would agree that it is premature now. They should simply answer questions as they come up now , if they have a clear answer available...with the caveat, this is per alpha and subject to change.

However upon release of beta I would hope for, and expect, a version 1.0 rules document, so we know for testing exactly how things are supposed to interact.

Lefto
05-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Since according to CzE they have extensively tested the balance of the PVP set, one would have to assume that there have to be a complete set of rules implemented in their pre-Alpha client. So why not share it with the community?

juzamjedi
05-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Since according to CzE they have extensively tested the balance of the PVP set, one would have to assume that there have to be a complete set of rules implemented in their pre-Alpha client. So why not share it with the community?
This. While I would understand changes from Alpha to Beta it seems that they would have major details for rules ironed out already.

Hadin
05-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I don't foresee too many rules actually needing to be published. One of the major reasons for WotC publishing their rules is because of the responsibility the players and the judges have in playing the game according to said rules. Here everything is managed by the software itself, so only a very basic understanding of the rules is necessary.