PDA

View Full Version : Collector or Dungeon Crawler?

Psytech
05-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi all!

I'm trying to decide my pledge between Collector and Dungeon Crawler, and I wanted to ask around for some help in this subject.

My primary focus for this game is PVP, specially tournaments, Constructed or Limited via Drafts. I even plan to use pretty much all my booster collection for additional draft tournaments. I plan to play PVE a lot too, BUT I plan to do it to get things to improve my PVP game, or at least that's what I want.

To be honest, I tend to drop games after a short while, I tend to get bored. Few games last me more than a year, very very few. So, a lifetime of whatever is not that much of a difference for me, but I do like (and a lot) the idea of a whole year of drafts per week for free, which is the reason why I got this Tier. I want to try if I can play at least 2 o 3 drafts per week using both the free one and 2 I could buy in with my packs.

Out of the remaining tiers, Collector and Dungeon Crawler seem to fit my needs (wants?) the most.
-Collector would give me a nice extra set of every limited card in the game, which I could trade for other PVP cards or even use if there are good, and the 6 alternate cards could be good cards, or at least good for trade.
-Dungeon Crawler is a bit complicated, but from what I have read, I think that I can get stuff from PVE to improve my PVP deck? Gold to buy new cards on the AH, P coins (I don't know what the P stands for) to participate in tournaments or maybe nice PVE legendary equipment to trade for good cards for PVP? I don't even know if this is possible, and that is what I want to ask.

Is someone in a similar scenario to mine? What would you suggest and why?

I really appreciate all of your comments and opinions, even the troll ones :P

Thank you!

Talreth
05-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Every card is able to be traded to other people for any other card, except for mercenaries who aren't really cards anyways. I'd say collector, because you can get everything from DC just by spending a bit more time.

Kroan
05-25-2013, 10:55 AM
If you plan to not play the game more than a year (or if the chance is pretty low) than I guess collector is not that awesome, since it's only 12 cards, most likely spread out over the year. Those kind of cards will most likely be more value for someone who plans to play for a longer time. The dungeon crawler is more PvE oriented, but I'm pretty sure you can earn some nice cards / gear for PvE and trade them off for Boosters or something else.

I'd go for Dungeon Crawler in your situation, but I think for both can be made case

Lazybum
05-25-2013, 10:59 AM
any cards got in pve would only be used in pve, pretty much only the cards that come in the boosters can be used in pvp. tho any cards you get in pve could be used to trade for cards that can be used in pvp. if you want to focus mainly on pvp and get bored easy really not sure which would be better for you.

ForgedSol
05-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Since your primary focus is PvP, the question is will you want to go through the hassle/spend the time it takes to earn things for trade with the Dungeon Crawler, or do you want to just trade and go like you'll be able to do with the Collector.

Kvalnir
05-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Actually if you think that you'll only play for the short term, I'd go for Guild Master for the extra 90 boosters to use in drafts.

Verdant
05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
You say it as though Dungeon Crawler automatically fills your pockets with gold and equipment. At the moment it's pretty much a time sink with multiple dungeons (friendly reminder: 4-5 hours / three attempts per each) and random PvE rewards. Do the math. Are you ready to invest that much time into PvE while playing two drafts a week and keeping up with work/studies/whatever else you do in your free time?

ForgedSol
05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Actually if you think that you'll only play for the short term, I'd go for Guild Master for the extra 90 boosters to use in drafts.

We have a winner!

(OP, if you didn't know, you can keep those 90 boosters for yourself. You don't have to give them away.)

Lazybum
05-25-2013, 11:17 AM

didnt even think of this option, but i agree with what you said this prob your best bet

Psytech
05-25-2013, 11:20 AM
What would be the difference between that scenario and King+King?

Lazybum
05-25-2013, 11:21 AM
king + king would prob net you alot more boosters and a few extra of the KS exclusives for trade

king+king would be 8 starters and 300 boosters where either of the $250 tiers would be only 4 starters and 150 boosters before stretch goals are added. which wouldnt change things much

(tho the guild master tier has 3 codeds for 30 boosters but not sure if you can use the codes yourself or if you have to find someone who will trade them back to you)

Turtlewing
05-25-2013, 11:33 AM
For a PvP focus go Collector as the extra PvP alternate art cards are about the only remaining PvP relevant perk at that level.

Dungeon crawler is a better short term value, but only if you do enough PvE to make good use of the double loot.

Hex is somewhat backwards from other MMOs in that you can use your PvP cards in PvE but nothing you get from PvE (except maybe champion xp) is directly usable in (competitive) PvP. So the idea that you will grind PvE then transition to PvP is likely not as practical as you may expect.

Psytech
05-25-2013, 12:10 PM
So, let me see if i'm doing it right, if we hit the 1.5million goal, and since I only might end up playing one year, and considering all things I can "capitalize" in value for more cards to build decks and/or play draft tournaments:

Scenario #1 - Collector (Cost 250$) (799$ + 3X + 2Y + W + 2Z value)
3 of every exclusive card + equipments from King level (Only 2 Lotus Garden) (3X + 2Y value)
5 Starter Decks (4 + Dragon Blood) (50$ value)
155 Set 1 Boosters (310$ value)
3 Drafts (21$ value) - at (((2$ per booster*3 + 1$ per P coin (tournament coin) total)*3)
52 Drafts extra (364$ value)
2*6 exclusive alternate cards (2Z value)
1 of every crafting material and 2 random legendary equipment (W value)
15 Set 2 Boosters (30$ value)
3 months VIP (24$ value) - at (2$ per booster per week)*4*3

Scenario #2 - Dungeon Crawler (Cost 250$) (799$ + 2X + Y + W + V value)
2 of every exclusive card + equipments from King level (Only 1 Lotus Garden) (2X + Y value)
3 Drafts (21$ value)
3 months VIP (24$ value)
100% extra loot from bosses and 20 random rare and legendary equipment (V value)

Scenario #3 - Guild Master (Cost 250$) (979$ + 2X + Y + W value)
2 of every exclusive card + equipments from King level (Only 1 Lotus Garden) (2X + Y value)
245 Set 1 Boosters (490$ value) (155+90 from tier)
3 Drafts (21$ value)
3 months VIP (24$ value)

Scenario #4 - 2xKing (Cost 240$) (830$ + 4X + 2Y + 2W value)
4 of every exclusive card + equipments from King level (Only 2 Lotus Garden) (4X + 2Y value)
10 Starter Decks (8 + 2*Dragon Blood) (100$ value)
310 Set 1 Boosters (620$ value)
6 Drafts (42$ value)
2 of every crafting material and 4 random legendary equipment (2W value)
10 Set 2 Boosters (20$ value)
6 months VIP (48$ value)

I think I got it all.

If I do a common factor, the pluses would end up being something like this:

#1:
- 1 extra of every exclusive card
- 1 extra lotus garden
- 2*6 exclusive alternate art cards

#2:
- 100% extra loot from bosses and 20 random rare and legendary equipment

#3:
- 180$ extra value in boosters

#4:
- 31$ extra value in boosters
- 2 extra of every exclusive card
- 1 extra lotus garden
- 1 extra set of every crafting mat and 2 extra random legendary equipment

Without thinking too much, i'm ruling out #2 Dungeon Crawler. #3 seems like the best option, because I can't put a price or value on the exclusive cards, the lotus gardens, the exclusive alternate art cards or the sets of legendary equipments.

Am I missing something?

Vibraxus
05-25-2013, 12:15 PM
So, let me see if i'm doing it right, if we hit the 1.5million goal, and since I only might end up playing one year, and considering all things I can "capitalize" in value for more cards to build decks and/or play draft tournaments:

Scenario #1 - Collector (Cost 250$) (799$ + 3X + 2Y + W + 2Z value)
3 of every exclusive card + equipments from King level (Only 2 Lotus Garden) (3X + 2Y value)
3 Drafts (21$ value) - at (((2$ per booster*3 + 1$ per P coin (tournament coin) total)*3)
2*6 exclusive alternate cards (2Z value)
3 months VIP (24$ value) - at (2$ per booster per week)*4*3

Scenario #2 - Dungeon Crawler (Cost 250$) (799$ + 2X + Y + W + V value)
3 Drafts (21$ value)
3 months VIP (24$ value)
100% extra loot from bosses and 20 random rare and legendary equipment (V value)

Scenario #3 - Guild Master (Cost 250$) (979$ + 2X + Y + W value)
245 Set 1 Boosters (490$ value) (155+90 from tier)
3 Drafts (21$ value)
3 months VIP (24$ value)

Scenario #4 - 2xKing (Cost 240$) (830$ + 4X + 2Y + 2W value)
4 of every exclusive card + equipments from King level (Only 2 Lotus Garden) (4X + 2Y value)
10 Starter Decks (8 + 2*Dragon Blood) (100$ value)
310 Set 1 Boosters (620$ value)
6 Drafts (42$ value)
2 of every crafting material and 4 random legendary equipment (2W value)
10 Set 2 Boosters (20$ value)
6 months VIP (48$ value)

I think I got it all.

If I do a common factor, the pluses would end up being something like this:

#1:
- 1 extra of every exclusive card
- 1 extra lotus garden
- 2*6 exclusive alternate art cards

#2:
- 100% extra loot from bosses and 20 random rare and legendary equipment

#3:
- 180$ extra value in boosters

#4:
- 31$ extra value in boosters
- 2 extra of every exclusive card
- 1 extra lotus garden
- 1 extra set of every crafting mat and 2 extra random legendary equipment

Without thinking too much, i'm ruling out #2 Dungeon Crawler. #3 seems like the best option, because I can't put a price or value on the exclusive cards, the lotus gardens, the exclusive alternate art cards or the sets of legendary equipments.

Am I missing something?

We dont need to hit the 1.5M goal for you to get the 1 year of free drafts on either of the two tiers. So dont worry about the goal.
Otherwise it looks about right, but Im at work and dont have a ton of time to analyze.

Yinwaru
05-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Am I missing something?
The year of free drafts included with #1, #2, and #3.

156 boosters ($312) + $52 entry fee = $364

Any of the $250 options are a straight up better deal than 2xKing.

Lazybum
05-25-2013, 12:18 PM
wow, simply wow alot of serious thought went into that math lol. but true if you want to focus on pvp your math is prob correct

Psytech
05-25-2013, 12:23 PM
The year of free drafts included with #1, #2, and #3.

156 boosters ($312) + $52 entry fee = $364

Any of the $250 options are a straight up better deal than 2xKing.

I already factored those in, they all have the "52 drafts extra".

I also thought that any 250$ option should have been straight up a better deal, but it seems that is not necessarily true in my scenario since things can stack up.

Vibraxus
05-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I already factored those in, they all have the "52 drafts extra".

I also thought that any 250$ option should have been straight up a better deal, but it seems that is not necessarily true in my scenario since things can stack up.

If all you want is pure cards cards and more cards from day one, the 2Xking is better. However any of the tiers with the free booster draft gets you entry to play the drafts once a week that you otherwise have to pay a buck for. Plus when set 2 hits (lets assume it is within a year) those free booster drafts will give you access to free boosters of that set past just the ones the king perk give.
Personally it sounds like you just wan to PVP and not worry about PvE, so the collector or the 2 kings would be it, and Id take the collector.

Chance
05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
strictly speaking about pvp you want to liquidate all your pve shit so you need to figure out or rather speculate cost. 20 rarelegendary equip or 24 aa cards+lotus. From my pov the lotus garden has the highest single value ingame and you can reap income until the price peaks to sell. The AA cards have artificial value which is the hardest part to speculate, I feel people will value these MORE than equip they can farm. In short id go with collector. ALSO you get those cards for life so if you come back in 5 years you have 36-48 more exlusives to sell

true
05-25-2013, 12:49 PM
What would be the difference between that scenario and King+King?
the year of drafts. 2x king =310 packs and 18 packs of cards in drafts + 24 in VIP pack for a grand total of 352 . Guild master is 245 PACKS AND 165 packs worth in drafts and 12 VIP packs. for a total of 422 packs worth Depending on delay between sets some of the GMs drafts can be set 2 3 or possibly even set 4 cards.

edit
2 king would also end up with more of some of the promos and extra life crafting backs and equs.

Arbiter
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Food for thought, while the first set's boosters will eventually be worth more, for the first year they are going to be worth significantly less than any other set, because of the amount of stuff given away in the kickstarter. So a lot depends on when set 2 will hit. The extra boosters from the extra Kings are worth significantly less than set 2 drafts, and I think you'll get at least 4 months worth of those. Similarly the GM bonus boosters are not $2 value each, they will be worth significantly less than that for the first year.

After the year of drafts you are left with an account that has a bonus. For DC it is loot, GM is guild experience and Collector is 6x2 alternate art PVP cards a year. The Collector account will also be giving you cards from new sets. I would think it would be the most valuable both to you and to anyone else at that point. So I'd go with Collector if you think you will play a year at least, or Kings if you think you have a significant chance of burn out before then.

Psytech
05-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks all for your valuable input. I think I might switch to Collector then :D

Thanisse
05-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks all for your valuable input. I think I might switch to Collector then :D

I am still higlhy considering Dungeon Crawler
it's easy to see that they will release new items with new cards ... and those items could be highly valuable.