PDA

View Full Version : questions about buying a 250$ for a friend...

bizznach
05-25-2013, 04:37 PM
so i have a friend who lives in spain that i dont get to talk to often but i know he would loooove this game and i want to buy a 250 spot as a gift...how would i go about doing this?
set up an email for him,buy a KS pledge and give him the info for the email so he can check hex updates and start beta come sept?

Lazybum
05-25-2013, 04:39 PM
sounds like that would work

MugenMusou
05-25-2013, 04:40 PM
That's probably the best method. And as with any other TCG, in an event if he needs to switch email account he should be able to as long as he has original email account access that you signed up for.

You are such a nice friend.

ForgedSol
05-25-2013, 04:46 PM
That brings up a question. Does the kickstarter account have to be the one that's tied to the game? Can we have it transferred to a different email? I suppose the friend could just forward all emails to his main, but it seems like it would be easier in the long run to just have the gift account given to his actual email account if that's possible.

bizznach
05-25-2013, 04:46 PM
he's going to rule at this game and i miss him :(

bizznach
05-25-2013, 04:50 PM
yeah probably would be best and easiest if i could just kickstart using his email but confirmations would be a pain in the butt because i do not know when the next time i would be in touch with him will be...if i made an email then i could give him the info or even use an email that isin't my main...mostly because kickstart needs a fresh email for every pledge

ForgedSol
05-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Oh, I wasn't saying about getting his email to use for kickstarter. Just that after the kickstarter is over, if Cryptozoic would ask for confirmation which email should be tied to the account, and then you input his email at that point.

bizznach
05-25-2013, 05:04 PM
oh yeah...im just unsure when the next time we will be talking...best just to donate a little used email of mine to him and he can acess it if he wants...he travels ALOT(makes the tablet stretch extremely LEGENDARY for me)(or him i suppose)

Yasi
05-25-2013, 05:36 PM
There might not be tablet support during beta in September.

Talreth
05-25-2013, 05:46 PM
There might not be tablet support during beta in September.

I find it likely there won't be

Yasi
05-25-2013, 05:55 PM
I find it likely there won't be

Yes, so there wont be tablet support.

bizznach
05-25-2013, 06:00 PM
shoot yeah i didn't think of that...well i guess its laptop for now!

Shepherd74
05-25-2013, 06:01 PM
I created a KS account for my father and tied it to a gmail account I created for him to pledge a King for him. The old man loves MTG and lives far away. So hopefully this will be a way we can game together again. I haven't told him about Hex yet. I figure I'll just gift him the account around Beta, which happens to coincide with his birthday. Doing something similar should work for your friend.

Yasi
05-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I created a KS account for my father and tied it to a gmail account I created for him to pledge a King for him. The old man loves MTG and lives far away. So hopefully this will be a way we can game together again. I haven't told him about Hex yet. I figure I'll just gift him the account around Beta, which happens to coincide with his birthday. Doing something similar should work for your friend.

Thanks for telling us this. That was very sweet of you.

bizznach
05-25-2013, 06:11 PM
yeah that's awesome!!

Dallas
05-25-2013, 06:12 PM
They said the game was built from the ground up for a mobile device or something along those lines, if they have a separate team on the job it could be in beta soon after or at the same time as the pc/mac versions.

edit: not that it would need to be out to test on tablet however, don't think that's the logical progression.