PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Grand King slot from someone

Derium
05-25-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm not exactly sure what to offer for it, never had to buy a slot from someone on KS before. But let me know if you're willing to come off it.

I'm getting sick and tired of refreshing the manage pledge page. I'd like to get the reward level and spare some sanity.

BlindMan
05-25-2013, 11:50 PM
While I can understand your desire to secure that pledge spot, I doubt you'll get much support here. The idea of people exchanging money among themselves instead of supporting the company and the game is not really something people like to see, myself included.

Derium
05-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Well, if they would open up a second GK slot, they would get the extra cash. So you should be upset with Crypto for them getting less money. I'm just a player trying to buy what I want. Sorry but i'm not going to pay $2,500 for a tier just to get GK.

EDIT: BTW, I'm sitting on King. So how would me paying someone to get to GK take money away from Crypto? It's actually giving them $250 more. (people who are willing to sell their slot, don't really want it in the first place right?)

Liokae
05-25-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm just surprised people would actually be willing to put in the money for this sort of thing. I have to imagine no one is going to 'sell' their spot for, at the very bare minimum, the $500 they've already got planned into it... which means the 'buyer' would be out a THOUSAND dollars for the $500 tier.

nicosharp
05-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Be patient Derium. I expect a resolution by mid-next week.
If you are still sweating it. Do the Google Chrome Auto refresh add-on.
I am pretty sure as the kickstarter nears the end, more people that lack the funds, and that were not able to scalp the spots, will drop them.

Derium
05-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Be patient Derium. I expect a resolution by mid-next week.
If you are still sweating it. Do the Google Chrome Auto refresh add-on.
I am pretty sure as the kickstarter nears the end, more people that lack the funds, and that were not able to scalp the spots, will drop them.

never heard of that, thanks!!

@Liokae some of the potential sellers I've spoken to are people who either have Grand King like 4 or 5 times on "dummy" kickstarters. Or they are thinking of lowering their pledge. I am not going to the extreme of trying to bribe people off the slot they want to keep.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 01:17 AM
The Chrome "trick" is nice, that is true.
What is NOT nice is the fact that during the 9+ hours which I spent (studying) at my pc yesterday, only twice a PP slot became open... and twice I was flayed by a slow connection. The same went for GK, for which no spot opened up yesterday (at least, none I could be noticed of) and just once during the 4+ hours of the previous day.

ForgedSol
05-26-2013, 01:19 AM
If you can't be vigilant all day, the times most likely to find tiers dropped are after an update gets released since that's when the value of tiers change and people change their minds, or closer to the end f the campaign. We're smack dab in the middle, a time where a lot of people will hold on to what they have to just wait and see what comes up. Towards the end is where people have to start making real decisions.

GhundiPI
05-26-2013, 01:35 AM
some of the potential sellers I've spoken to are people who either have Grand King like 4 or 5 times on "dummy" kickstarters.

If this is true (not that I doubt you Derium), I expect quite a few slots opening up in the last few days. Or even worse, people holding on to those spots and then unable to pay for them after the Kickstarter has ended. Thus not only managing to block honest people from pledging on a tier they would like, but also ensuring that CZE will get a lot less total afterwards.

No wonder CZE is keeping things the way they are. If they open up another tier, people will just do the same thing there again. Bit of a sad state of affairs in my opinion...

Gorgol
05-26-2013, 02:03 AM
some of the potential sellers I've spoken to are people who either have Grand King like 4 or 5 times on "dummy" kickstarters. Or they are thinking of lowering their pledge. I am not going to the extreme of trying to bribe people off the slot they want to keep.

That's a load of crap that people do that. Sad. I hope they drop the ones they can't afford/don't want before the KS ends.

Shadowelf
05-26-2013, 02:09 AM
I can get behind crypto for this (money is money), but imho each person should have been entitled to one pledge. Its a piety that some got 4 pros or GKs while others trying desperately for one

Thanisse
05-26-2013, 02:43 AM
they should have a cash in before the end date , like 2-3 days before that , and allow for people that actually want to buy the tiers to buy them in the 2-3 days left .
it would be horrible to have some of the grand kings and proplayers not filled because some yokle decided to lock it(and possible more than one ) .

cze should have a "saleout on the last 2-3 days " because I am sure not all will afford or will be able to keep them (mad wife with kitchen knife and the sort)

Kroan
05-26-2013, 02:57 AM
From what I understood is that the last minute rush on Grand King was so high, that there were more Grand King's sold than the 1000 they wanted to limit it to in the first place through PayPal :)

Thanisse
05-26-2013, 03:05 AM
From what I understood is that the last minute rush on Grand King was so high, that there were more Grand King's sold than the 1000 they wanted to limit it to in the first place through PayPal :)

that means what ?
we have more than 1000 GK :P ?

Kroan
05-26-2013, 03:07 AM
that means what ?
we have more than 1000 GK :P ?
Yes

TheMuffMuff
05-26-2013, 04:32 AM
Imo thats not true it was "sold out" on Paypal long before on Kickstarter.

First paypal update 6xx/996 left (4 reduced)
second update 4xx/982 left (~)
third update 2xx/959 left (~)
than they added the "sold out" button on their homepage while ~180-2xx GK left on Kickstarter.

Was the same with PP, "sold out" on Paypal (87 pieces) - still 120 on Kickstarter left... my heart bleeded cause i don`t own a credicard

Voices
05-26-2013, 04:40 AM
I am new to KS, but is the suggestion a real possibility?

they should have a cash in before the end date , like 2-3 days before that , and allow for people that actually want to buy the tiers to buy them in the 2-3 days left .
it would be horrible to have some of the grand kings and proplayers not filled because some yokle decided to lock it(and possible more than one ) .

cze should have a "saleout on the last 2-3 days " because I am sure not all will afford or will be able to keep them (mad wife with kitchen knife and the sort)

If that is something they could do, I think it is something that they should do.

Thanisse
05-26-2013, 04:47 AM
I am new to KS, but is the suggestion a real possibility?

If that is something they could do, I think it is something that they should do.

not sure exactly how people are doing things as I am not from the US , but in my country if people could buy 10 x Grand king and 10 x Proplayer with the prospect of re-selling them at double the price later , they would totally do that ... that's my fear that some people might just be doing that ...

would be real sad for people that want a GK to be missing out on that , or paying double to shifty dealers .

TheMuffMuff
05-26-2013, 04:49 AM
Another option: ask the support or Lisa if some PayPal payer re-donated. Or maybe they also reserve a GK trough PayPal for you if someone cancle his/her donaton.

Gorgol
05-26-2013, 04:52 AM
not sure exactly how people are doing things as I am not from the US , but in my country if people could buy 10 x Grand king and 10 x Proplayer with the prospect of re-selling them at double the price later , they would totally do that ... that's my fear that some people might just be doing that ...

would be real sad for people that want a GK to be missing out on that , or paying double to shifty dealers .
I have no doubt there are people doing that

Thanisse
05-26-2013, 04:58 AM
I have no doubt there are people doing that

and I think CZE should be all over that not happening :)

Voices
05-26-2013, 04:59 AM
I was more thinking of how Kickstarter payments work. They charge your card when the funding deadline is reached. Thanisse, you seem to suggest that they can charge your card earlier (2-3 days). That is what I mean with my question whether the suggestion is a real possibility.

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 05:02 AM
KS can't charge early. They legally have the permission from amazon, but due to user agreements, cannot change the date either way, earlier or later. The person who's kickstarter it is has no control.

Gorgol
05-26-2013, 05:08 AM
and I think CZE should be all over that not happening :)

I certainly wish this to be true.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 05:40 AM
there is also the chance that some people will give up their pledge or simply reduce the pledged amount in the last few days, lowering the grand total of the KS and thus bringing us farther away from the 1.5 million stretch goal...

Lord_Snow
05-26-2013, 05:53 AM
there is also the chance that some people will give up their pledge or simply reduce the pledged amount in the last few days, lowering the grand total of the KS and thus bringing us farther away from the 1.5 million stretch goal...

If you look into the others KS, the last days are the best because everyone that is not in yet come rushing to the site to get one tier.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 06:26 AM
yeah, I know. Hex is more or less my 25th project on KS.
What I meant is that many people (including me) have increased their pledge to 500$ in the hope of ever finding a free GK. Let's just say there are another 99 persons like me, who have pledged 250$ more than their actual pledge in order to avoid wasting time. If I won't be able to snatch that long-desired GK, I think I'm going to reduce my pledge up to the "right" amount for my reward - which might be 250$, 120$, or what else. So it's (at least) 250$ less in the grand total for each one of us. Multiply that by 100 people, and it's 25k$ vanishing in a few minutes - more or less one third of what paypal backers have brought in.
Although this might be offset by the usual rush of last-time backers, it's still something worth considering.

Talreth
05-26-2013, 07:30 AM
This should help people.

"Since I've already snagged all the tiers I want, I will tell you the secret of getting them. Download chrome, search for the chrome extension auto refresh plus, set that up to refresh the page every 1 second, and go to settings, check the box that says alert if text found, pledge 250$ on any 250 tier (if you want pvp), then go to the manage pledge area click the auto refresh plus icon, and in the search bar type in 1 of 913 then click start. it will automatically refresh the page, then play a tone when that is found. click pvp, and click change pledge. Done.

if you want grand king, change your pledge amount to 500 and pick any option, save that, go back to manage pledge and put in 1 of 959 in the search instead."

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 08:32 AM
This should help people.

"Since I've already snagged all the tiers I want, I will tell you the secret of getting them. Download chrome, search for the chrome extension auto refresh plus, set that up to refresh the page every 1 second, and go to settings, check the box that says alert if text found, pledge 250$ on any 250 tier (if you want pvp), then go to the manage pledge area click the auto refresh plus icon, and in the search bar type in 1 of 913 then click start. it will automatically refresh the page, then play a tone when that is found. click pvp, and click change pledge. Done.

if you want grand king, change your pledge amount to 500 and pick any option, save that, go back to manage pledge and put in 1 of 959 in the search instead."
Am I the only one who doesn't receive sound notifications? However in the last couple of days, as I have written in my previous post, the chances to get a PP/GK/DL have been abysmal. :(

Talreth
05-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't receive sound notifications? However in the last couple of days, as I have written in my previous post, the chances to get a PP/GK/DL have been abysmal. :(

I think I picked one up on Friday? But it took a bit. I'm not sure why you're not receiving sound notifications, there's a specific box you have to click to pick the sound so maybe that's not checked? Or maybe you have browser volume turned down in volume control?

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Have to turn on the sound in settings, right below where you change it to find target.

Talreth
05-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Have to turn on the sound in settings, right below where you change it to find target.

I keep having to search through like 7 pages of your posts to find that :c

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 09:03 AM
I keep having to search through like 7 pages of your posts to find that :c
Someone made a blog post, too. Could just link them there I guess.

No idea what happened to that thread though.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Sadly, I've already turned on sound settings, and they work everywhere... except this extension. Perhaps it's a Chrome for Mac bug.

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Sadly, I've already turned on sound settings, and they work everywhere... except this extension. Perhaps it's a Chrome for Mac bug.

Do you have the setting "Play sound candidate 1" or 2 checked, for 1 or 6 seconds?

Temig
05-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Firefox+Check4Change.
Set to a custom refresh of 3-5 seconds (assuming a decent connection) with the "All Gone!" of the tier you are looking for highlighted on the "Manage Pledge" page and go about your business ready to pounce when you hear the music.
Ideally, you'll already have your pledge upped to the new amount so that you don't have to go through the Amazon login.
Best of luck!

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Do you have the setting "Play sound candidate 1" or 2 checked, for 1 or 6 seconds?
Sound candidate 1, for 1 second of interval. Tinkering with greater intervals or sound candidate 2 had no change whatsoever.

Firefox+Check4Change.
Set to a custom refresh of 3-5 seconds (assuming a decent connection) with the "All Gone!" of the tier you are looking for highlighted on the "Manage Pledge" page and go about your business ready to pounce when you hear the music.
Ideally, you'll already have your pledge upped to the new amount so that you don't have to go through the Amazon login.
Best of luck!
I've already pledged the 500$ after the only time in which I could click on a GK... and obviously missed it. I'll try with firefox, thanks!

Derium
05-26-2013, 10:26 AM
... many people (including me) have increased their pledge to 500$ in the hope of ever finding a free GK. ...

This is exactly what I did. I had a $120 King pledge, but I upped it to $1,000 so IF google chrome auto refresh finds me a $500 or $1,000 slot I can snag it. If it doesn't find one, I'll reduce back to $120 King

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Derium, I sent you a message. Check notifications.

Derium
05-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Derium, I sent you a message. Check notifications.

replied, thank you!

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 10:34 AM
This is exactly what I did. I had a $120 King pledge, but I upped it to $1,000 so IF google chrome auto refresh finds me a $500 or $1,000 slot I can snag it. If it doesn't find one, I'll reduce back to $120 King

I think I'll do the same, perhaps I'll keep a DC or a collector in case.

PS: missed a GK while I was writing :( :(

Derium
05-26-2013, 10:37 AM
got one, yay!! THANK YOU

Derium
05-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I think I'll do the same, perhaps I'll keep a DC or a collector in case.

PS: missed a GK while I was writing :( :(

I'm sorry, that slot was meant for me, I can't tell you how terrifying it was rushing to get it. Seriously, this entire Kickstarter has been one crazy ride.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry, that slot was meant for me, I can't tell you how terrifying it was rushing to get it. Seriously, this entire Kickstarter has been one crazy ride.
Ahaha, don't worry. That's ok! I almost figured out when I read your post, I would have felt sorry for "stealing a gift", let's call it as such.
However, if anyone else is about to free a GK slot... I'm here :P

Derium
05-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Ahaha, don't worry. That's ok! I almost figured out when I read your post, I would have felt sorry for "stealing a gift", let's call it as such.
However, if anyone else is about to free a GK slot... I'm here :P

Trust me, I know how big of a headache it is to find one. I'll keep trying ot find good people who are willing to give up their spot, and I'll try to get you both into contact. As long as you actually want to use the slot, not resell it ;)

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 10:46 AM
I have a good job and I earn way too much for my basic needs, so I've absolutely no idea of reselling it :) thanks :D

Arveene
05-26-2013, 10:47 AM
How did you even get it that fast? I've been sitting at my computer staring at an auto-refreshing window for about two hours now.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 10:49 AM
there have been twwo in the last 20 minutes. One was Derium's, the other one wah the proof that smoking harms your health: i was lighting my pipe when the music started and I couldn't get it on time..

Derium
05-26-2013, 10:49 AM
How did you even get it that fast? I've been sitting at my computer staring at an auto-refreshing window for about two hours now.

I knew when the drop was coming, so I had auto refresh and my own page up clicking on the $500 pledge amount. I double checked to make sure I got it haha.

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 10:55 AM
It's all about coordinating the timing :P There are a lot of people looking for them, but once you get all that adrenaline coming from knowing it's on the way, I'm sure those mouse clicks are at lightning speed.

Maric
05-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Which Chrome Auto Refresh are you using?

Cotton
05-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Which Chrome Auto Refresh are you using?
You already have GK, what are u needing auto refresh for?

Hadin
05-26-2013, 01:27 PM

Is he not allowed to be curious simply because he has the digital claim of a kickstarter pledge slot?

Maric
05-26-2013, 01:55 PM

This could have come in handy on other Kickstarters. Certainly can't afford to invest any more into HEX.

Mishulo
05-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Auto Refresh Plus 1.8.9.21 on Chrome for Mac 27.0.1453.93.
However with Firefox and check4change everything seems fine... unless the fact that in the last 3 hours it has never detected any significant change :(

chuckdeg
05-27-2013, 05:58 AM
So i won't be able to keep my GK and have been doing the quick refresh thing over and over yesterday with no luck to get the early king. If someone wanna trade his early King for my GK...hit me up by PM

Indormi
05-29-2013, 03:58 AM
If anyone is going to free any GK, I'd be really gratefull if they could warn me. As I dont have the funds to buy one from anyone, (from today on till my payday, I'm completly broke, so broke I'm going to give my grandmother a visit every day to eat there instead of in college, just saying xD). In the meantime I have chrome and firefox 1 sec refresh hoping if someone frees one I wasnt dumb enough to fucked up the configuariton on both of them.

chuckdeg
05-29-2013, 06:29 AM
if you're broke you shouldn't buy a GK ...

Jacklau89
05-29-2013, 06:46 AM
if you're broke you shouldn't buy a GK ...

:rolleyes:That was like "if you don't have the dosh to buy a car/house/invest, then you shouldn't take a loan/mortgage"

Indormi
05-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Being "pocket money broke" is not the same as being broke. I still leave with my parents and the part time job I have pays for my hobbies/extraordinary stuff. That means, no party, no eating outside etc