PDA

View Full Version : Lend Card / Guild Library Feature

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 09:34 AM
I would love a lend card feature where you don't have to worry about people taking your cards. In real life I often let friends use my cards, because I know I'll get them back. The digital space is a bit different. I would love to help players by letting them borrow even my rarest cards. A guild library with card checkouts might be interesting too. You could set a time limit and the card would leash back to the library or owner when it expires. I could see a feature like this benefitting players from casual to hardcore.

I've been a hardcore mmo and tcg player for a long time. I have a long list of firsts on the mmo side and I have played and judged many tcg tournaments. With that said, I'm going to be starting a doctorate program when this game releases. I won't have the crazy amount of time and dedication to throw into games that I'm used to. What I do want is to allow my collection to benefit my guild (which I haven't found yet.) What do you guys thing of a lending or library feature?

*** I realize they have a similar guild feature, but that is just for decktesting purposes.

wallofomens
05-26-2013, 09:38 AM
What do you guys thing of a lending or library feature?

I think it's a great idea. Maybe the card gets automatically returned after a certain period of time or if they are done with it sooner just return it themselves.

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 09:41 AM
That's actually already a confirmed feature. They can't use the borrowed decks in competition, and you still own them the entire time. It's meant for playing against guildies and letting people test out new decks.

Edit: Oh, and PvE characters are built around a deck, so you wouldn't be able to take it dungeoning. It's like for stand alone matches with no prizes.

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 09:43 AM
That's actually already a confirmed feature. They can't use the borrowed decks in competition, and you still own them the entire time. It's meant for playing against guildies and letting people test out new decks.

Edit: Oh, and PvE characters are built around a deck, so you wouldn't be able to take it dungeoning. It's like for stand alone matches with no prizes.

Yeah. I was thinking more for constructed and endgame pve than just testing. Allowing others to borrow my cards for those uses is going to be more beneficial. It'd be more of like when you are on teams in a tcg. Before regionals and nationals we each contribute cards to one another's decks.

Daer
05-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Won't happen since a guild of a couple people could just pool their cards and CZE would sell a ton less boosters.

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Won't happen since a guild of a couple people could just pool their cards and CZE would sell a ton less boosters.

A couple people would only have the cards of 2 people. A guild of 100 would have 100 people's cards, but would have 100 people pulling from that pool. As a metagame emerges there will be usually 3 primary decks. Most of the meta cards are less likely to be in the library. There will still be a need to pull those from packs. Unless all 100 people have meta decks, there will still be a demand for packs. Keep in mind, meta decks are usually expensive. In rl my team usually puts together meta decks using all of our cards and the person who plays each the best will use that for the tournament. This allows your team the best chance of placing. This happens in real life, people still buy packs.

Stok3d
05-26-2013, 01:26 PM
I think it's a great idea. Maybe the card gets automatically returned after a certain period of time or if they are done with it sooner just return it themselves.

No vote from me. This would simply bring the need to owning any cards to zero and destroy the economy. Nice this thought, but the side-effects would be devastating.

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 01:32 PM
No vote from me. This would simply bring the need to owning any cards to zero and destroy the economy. Nice this thought, but the side-effects would be devastating.

How would this be different than a real life tcg? Just curious. I'm open to arguments for and against. The way I see it there will already be trading between guildies. How is this different than being more organized and having less risk?

Hadin
05-26-2013, 01:35 PM
How would this be different than a real life tcg? Just curious. I'm open to arguments for and against. The way I see it there will already be trading between guildies. How is this different than being more organized and having less risk?

In a real life game you might have a few players pooling cards and sharing them. In a dTCG, you could easily have a guild of 100+ people pooling cards so people wouldn't need to acquire as many cards. This would lower the price of cards since people wouldn't need to work as hard to bolster their own collections.

Lazybum
05-26-2013, 01:37 PM

agree 100% no point in buying cards if you can just borrow them all, unless there was a limit of like 3 cards max being allowed at one time

Stok3d
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM

"Loaning" cards to strangers over the internet carries the inherent risk of getting them stolen. When you open a trade screen with someone, accept nothing in return and hand your cards over, they become the property of the person you just gave them to. Hopefully they have the decency to return them--but this won't always be the case. IRL, you're standing next to your buddies--it's different. Aside from punching them in the face, you could take them to court and get your items back. Simply put, there is recourse.

Long story short, Hex won't support the "lending of cards" and if some shady person keeps them--that's a hard lesson for you to learn. Hence, if you want to play decks, etc--get your own cards.

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
agree 100% no point in buying cards if you can just borrow them all, unless there was a limit of like 3 cards max being allowed at one time

I guess it's a bit different because constructed is done at different times as opposed to everyone entering the same tournament. With that said, are you guys going to lend your rarest cards to guildies?

Googolplex
05-26-2013, 02:06 PM
With that said, are you guys going to lend your rarest cards to guildies?
If I knew them IRL, perhaps. If not, not in a million years.

Brumby66
05-26-2013, 02:23 PM
"Loaning" cards to strangers over the internet carries the inherent risk of getting them stolen. When you open a trade screen with someone, accept nothing in return and hand your cards over, they become the property of the person you just gave them to. Hopefully they have the decency to return them--but this won't always be the case. IRL, you're standing next to your buddies--it's different. Aside from punching them in the face, you could take them to court and get your items back. Simply put, there is recourse.

Long story short, Hex won't support the "lending of cards" and if some shady person keeps them--that's a hard lesson for you to learn. Hence, if you want to play decks, etc--get your own cards.

The good thing about the cards is that they have a unique ID. Hopefully Crypto will have good GM's that will act if someone has run off with your cards. I'd like to be able to help others, but I think the worry about thieves might hinder that. The Internet is a crooked place. I've had no problems in the past, but then again the rarest stuff is almost always bound.

Hadin
05-26-2013, 02:42 PM
The good thing about the cards is that they have a unique ID. Hopefully Crypto will have good GM's that will act if someone has run off with your cards. I'd like to be able to help others, but I think the worry about thieves might hinder that. The Internet is a crooked place. I've had no problems in the past, but then again the rarest stuff is almost always bound.

I don't think CZE should babysit people who aren't responsible with their own cards. Most games have the policy of "if you trade your item to another person, then it will not be returned to you by the company." It would require additional expense on CZE's part each time someone had to return items to a player. It would also create situations where players would abuse the system if they got a bad trade and tried to get their trade undone. I think CZE needs to have a zero tolerance policy for undoing trades if the player willingly trades the card to that individual.

Yinwaru
05-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't see why this would be a problem so long as you could not use the borrowed cards in organized play. Casual duels with friends, sure, but not actual tournaments.