PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea On Hardware Requirements?

ursa23
05-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I've been looking around, but I can't seem to find any idea of how much system this game is going to take. To explain why this is important for me, I will be buying a new laptop soon. I am not a hardcore gamer, and don't want to pay for more machine than I need. But I also don't want to find myself unable to play the game! Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Yasi
05-26-2013, 10:40 AM
It won't be optimized at beta launch that's for sure. You will probably be able to tone everything down and play it on a wooden box.

WSzaboPeter
05-26-2013, 10:42 AM
I assume you want a Windows 8 laptop, not a macbook.
I think any current gen laptop will do. I mean the ones released since Windows 8 launch (almost a 1 year ago).
To be on the safe side I would suggest one with NVidia Geforce GT 620M or better video card and 4GB+ RAM. That will kind of guarantee that you can see the shiny effects and play on decent FPS. Yes I know FPS is not important but the game will look smooth and shiny, so it might be worth the additional cost.
Also keep in mind that this game will be ported to Android (+iOS). So to work on low end Android tablets it needs to have a quite dumbed down graphic detail option, and it makes sense that the said low option would make way into the PC version.
What I would suggest is getting a laptop cooler stand in case you wish to play it for prolonged time on low end laptops, to avoid overheating.

Yasi
05-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I assume you want a Windows 8 laptop, not a macbook.
I think any current gen laptop will do. I mean the ones released since Windows 8 launch (almost a 1 year ago).
To be on the safe side I would suggest one with NVidia Geforce GT 620M or better video card and 4GB+ RAM. That will kind of guarantee that you can see the shiny effects and play on decent FPS. Yes I know FPS is not important but the game will look smooth and shiny, so it might be worth the additional cost.
Also keep in mind that this game will be ported to Android (+iOS). So to work on low end Android tablets it needs to have a quite dumbed down graphic detail option, and it makes sense that the said low option would make way into the PC version.
What I would suggest is getting a laptop cooler stand in case you wish to play it for prolonged time on low end laptops, to avoid overheating.

There could be a separate downloadable client for the tablets though.

WSzaboPeter
05-26-2013, 10:52 AM
There could be a separate downloadable client for the tablets though.

There will be a separate client. That's a fact. They will add it to the Google Play Store and iStore, but that means they will have a low end graphic option, and it makes sense to include that in the desktop client.

Black_Omega
05-26-2013, 10:55 AM
There will be a separate client. That's a fact. They will add it to the Google Play Store and iStore, but that means they will have a low end graphic option, and it makes sense to include that in the desktop client.

The tablet client will probably be bare bones to ensure it runs smoothly. Which is fine by me... just means I can play while I am on the go.

DarkSeverance
05-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Guys it isn't a standard 3-D style game. Even though there will be some good graphics, there shouldn't be anything about it that is requires a huge top of the line or even middle of the line system. First and foremost it is a card game that also has a PvE environment and dungeons.

Genocidal
05-26-2013, 01:20 PM
To give you an idea, here are the requirements for Magic: DotP 2013

Processor: 2GHz CPU (Pentium 4 or equivalent)
Memory: 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista and Windows 7)
Hard Disk Space: 1.5Gb HDD
Video Card: 512MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card with Pixelshader 3.0 support
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or later
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

In other words, extremely low requirements. I expect Hex will be slightly higher but not a ton; after all the game will also be available on tablets as mentioned, and making a game that's playable on as many systems as possible keeps the potential audience high.