PDA

View Full Version : Watch other players open boosters?

D34thD34ler
05-26-2013, 10:44 AM
If a friend was online at the same time I was would it be possible for him to share a link to his newly opened boosters so that I could see that opening myself? Doesn't have to be in-synch with his viewing, but I think a Primal pack or just some victory spoils would actually be something I'd want to share with whoever I knew online and it might even be important if guilds had special rules about tournament rewards or what not.

Yasi
05-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Similar to how every time you do something in a Facebook game it gives you the option of sharing it on your wall?

Downside is that I don't want people to pester me about borrowing my leet cards.

D34thD34ler
05-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Sure, I think you'd have to offer them the experience so. . . if you share it with people that would pester you well. . . you might be asking for it ;)

Madican
05-26-2013, 10:54 AM
I have more bad experiences of other people watching me open packs than I do good. Especially the vultures willing to prey on kids when they unpack something really good.

D34thD34ler
05-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Perhaps I should've named this "share booster opening with friends" because there seems to be some mental scarring around this subject.

I'm thinking something along the Diablo 3 ability to share a description of some item in your inventory through chat. Where you have to intentionally invite someone to see it, not where jackal-like pseudo-acquaintances can lurk around you waiting for the chance to buy your soul for 30 silver pieces.

Digital_Aether
05-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Link your twitter / facebook to a page CZE webpage that shows that unique pack that was just opened? Could be neat, having that bit of social media integration. Could do it for stuff like achivements, or winning tournaments too.

Daer
05-26-2013, 11:13 AM
They should have Item links like in WoW, where you can shift click an item and it gives you a link you can click in the chat to pop up that card.

Black_Omega
05-26-2013, 11:28 AM
They should have Item links like in WoW, where you can shift click an item and it gives you a link you can click in the chat to pop up that card.

Item links in chat would be good. But having notifications when friends open packs? No. Annoying.

Madican
05-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Come to think of it, HEX could borrow a page from World of Warcraft, specifically the guild notification system.

In the system you can set it to display when someone purchases/loots a particular threshold of an item. So, for example, if you set it to only display when epic items are looted then it would display something like:

X looted [Greaves of the Undying Prince]
Y purchased [Conqueror's Battleplate of Conviction]

It doesn't announce it to the whole guild, it's just on the front "page" of the guild tab. Adapting it to HEX, maybe just limiting it to rares/legendaries, would be an idea.

D34thD34ler
05-26-2013, 12:41 PM

Exactly what I was thinking of.

MasterN64
05-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I figured linking of cards and loot and the like would be a standard feature of just about any online game based around any kind of acquired items.

Yasi
05-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I figured linking of cards and loot and the like would be a standard feature of just about any online game based around any kind of acquired items.

Yup. How else are people going to brag?

D34thD34ler
05-26-2013, 01:05 PM
I just thought I hadn't heard it mentioned and we seem to hear most of the features...