PDA

View Full Version : Wii U

Ziie
05-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi All. Quite a few of my friends have backed Hex and are avid fans of the Wii U. We were talking about it and thought how great of a game Hex could be on the Wii U. I have thought for a long time that a TCG would go great on it and since Hex is strictly a digital TCG, I believe it would work perfect on it. The play area could be on the TV while your cards are on the Gamepad or have the entire game on the Pad itself like they are already planning on doing with Tablets.

I think it would be a great addition to the Wii U's line up and it could possibly open up a new demographic for Cryptozoic as well. Ive also heard that Indie Devs love the Wii U as it is easy to develop for and Nintendo is making it easy for them to get it on Wii U Store.

So what do you guys think?

Fireblast
05-26-2013, 03:51 PM
As far as we understood they use some tool that makes it easier to convert PC to Tablets.
Not sure how they could update regularly if they have too many different platforms

If one is bugged and the others aren't, there could be balance issues too.

~

Ziie
05-26-2013, 03:55 PM
I didn't consider the patching part. I wonder how Nintendo does their patching and if it would be easy to push new ones quickly.

I wouldn't expect it at launch or anything, but eventually would be OK in my book. Just a thought.

Fireblast
05-26-2013, 03:59 PM
The thing is every card designed as to be coded within the game.

Each Dungeon (means PvE cards) and Set means : global non regression testing and patch (not just database entries)

~

Lazybum
05-26-2013, 04:07 PM
wii u? people actually own them? all jokes aside i doubt it would happen, but if it did i wouldnt buy a wii u for it just play on my pc or tablet

Ziie
05-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Haha, Yes. People actually own them. I personally love the Wii U and think it has huge potential, just not a lot of third party support at the moment. I doubt this would sell Wii U's, but it might help drive revenue for CZE from the people who already own a Wii U and see the game in the Wii U store. It may or may not work, but I thought it was a decent idea at the very least :D Just looking for a healthy discussion.

Black_Omega
05-26-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm a fan of Call of Duty on the Wii U. Love the controls.

I am not a fan of show slow Nintendo has been on releasing new games. Where is Legend of Zelda or Mario Kart?Aside from release, there have only bee a few games that came available since the system released.

Kalius
05-26-2013, 04:31 PM

I am not a fan of show slow Nintendo has been on releasing new games. Where is Legend of Zelda or Mario Kart?Aside from release, there have only bee a few games that came available since the system released.

Zelda probably won't be out until 2015, we've known that since before the Wii U launched.

On topic, while it probably won't happen, I wouldn't mind being able to play on my Wii U either since I don't have a tablet, and could just drag the WiiUpad across the room and sit on my sofa, which is more comfortable than my desk chair.

Jeffonious
05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately I doubt this will happen for several reasons.

1. Every digital sale (including packs) Nintendo would require a percentage of.
2. Console development (particularly WiiU) is a very different environment than the PC. Also every patch, release, change, etc, must be run through Nintendo QA prior to release. Thus making keeping it concurrent with PC version difficult.
3. Bunch more reasons but I'm getting lazy and don't want to type much more :)

They could make a cool digital stand alone game that would be like Duels of the Planeswalkers, but having a console version thats fully integrated with the PC/Table version is a much larger undertaking than you might imagine. I agree it would be cool though! :)

Cotton
05-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Never gonna happen! Plus the more time they waste porting it over could be used for development of other stuff

Deathfog
05-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Wii U is a very nitch system with not so great support for developers. Way down the road if they happened to pick up a homeless Wii U dev, it could happen.

Derium
05-26-2013, 05:49 PM

CoD is amazing on Wii U. The controller is actually comfortable. They are getting slightly better at releasing games, at least the downloadable games are being pushed out slightly faster, and they are running great sales on them to keep us occupied.

katkillad
05-27-2013, 01:21 AM
This will probably never happen, but I would love if it did:o

Ashenor
05-27-2013, 05:02 AM
I mean most major companies are bailing off the Wii U (and yes i have one), there is zero incentive to take any risk when it comes to Wii U.