PDA

View Full Version : Non NA players

Fireblast
05-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Just a quick message to remind CZE that not all of the backers/players are from the US/North America.

Physical and IRL events are a nuisance for Europe/Asia/Australia-NZ people, please keep that in mind as you work stuff out.

It would be nice to know the country breakdown on backers btw

~

Verdant
05-26-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm actually wondering how they're gonna set up "unique" drafts. Will there be just one PST tournament or quite a few with different starting times mimicking EU/Asia time zones?

Lazybum
05-26-2013, 09:19 PM
sure there will be tournaments at all times to make everyone happy

RECHiD
05-26-2013, 10:04 PM
I imagine there will be drafts of each type (triple new set, block draft, and for each of the prize structures) going at all times with an automated que, ala StarCraft, League of Legends, or any game with a matchmaking feature.

For constructed tournaments/PVE tournaments, I think they will probably crunch data from the players logging on at different times around the world, and have tournaments based on peak player time. For instance, maybe a weekly tournament at 10:00 am each Saturday PST, and a weekly tournament on Friday evenings Korea time, etc.

As for RL events, I think they are going to have to wait and see how successful this game is come launch day to develop any sort of plans. I very much look forward to HEX lan tournaments, but something like that requires a venue, lots of computers, and folks willing to make the trek to wherever they decide to host such an event. If the game is as successful as I hope it will be, I suspect that we might see HEX tournaments popping up at MLG, or gaming Conventions. :D

Voices
05-27-2013, 03:27 AM
There's a lot of information on the tournament section: http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

As far as I am aware, the game will not be region locked, so they need to make sure to have viable schedules for any 'unique' tournament. But then again, this is hardly something they could not have thought about :)

Just to Edit in the relevant passage:

Weekly and Monthly Tournaments

These tournaments have scheduled start times, usually on Fridays and on weekends. Their start times alternate to accommodate player bases in Asia, Europe, and North America

ramseytheory
05-27-2013, 04:36 AM
I hope they default to weekends rather than Fridays. It's a lot easier for a player outside the relevant time zone to get up early/stay up late on Saturday than it is for them to skip work on Friday.

Khazrakh
05-27-2013, 04:59 AM
I have no doubt they are perfectly aware of the fact they have pledgers and will have players from all around the globe.
MTGO for instance doesn't give a damn about its community and it still has tournaments going around the clock ;)

Arbiter
05-27-2013, 05:12 AM
I hope they default to weekends rather than Fridays. It's a lot easier for a player outside the relevant time zone to get up early/stay up late on Saturday than it is for them to skip work on Friday.

Heh, America gets time after almost every one else in the world has finished with it. You're working on Friday while we start our weekend. As an Oceanic player, I'd love to see big tournaments on a Friday (US) night. That likely won't suit Europe or the States though. I think the best solution will be to have multiple tournaments. Imagine a big day with 4 6 hour blocks of tournament action, so everyone can choose the best time for them.

Fireblast
05-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Imagine a big day with 4 6 hour blocks of tournament action, so everyone can choose the best time for them.

If this was the same tournament, I already see people training for "local" metagame, playing at hours were the Pros aren't etc...

8AM CZE time on satursday = 11AM NY = 5PM Paris = 1 AM Asia?

~