PDA

View Full Version : PvE cards

Facilier
05-26-2013, 06:12 PM
So I am really curious how CZE plan to evolve the PvE card base.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they will have something like 350 pvp cards in the first set and about 300 PvE. Is there plans to have each set include both PvE and pvp cards (where only pvp will be in boosters), or can there be pvp sets with no expansion to the PvE side at all?

Kind of curious here, since on some level the PvE cards detract from the value of pvp ones, giving you more options for more different decks just by playing, rather than buying boosters.

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Well, you cannot use the pve cards in pvp at all, so that's probably not as true as you think.

Krenos
05-26-2013, 06:15 PM
PVE cards are meant to be some of the more OP and quasi-crazy cards that would never see competitive play but are really fun to play. PVP cards always add to the PVE experience cause any PVP card can be used in PVE [So Far]

Facilier
05-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah, far as I can see the PvE side is meant to be a theme park of sorts, where you can take your cards when you are not in the mood for competitive play, but the more there is to do in PvE the more people will spend time on that, rather than doing tournaments at all.

Just going to be interesting how they plan to balance the game that's sort of pulling in two directions like this.

Lazybum
05-26-2013, 06:26 PM
correct me if im wrong but arent most pve cards just equipment to for the pvp cards?

Daer
05-26-2013, 06:29 PM
No, PVE cards are cards just like PVP cards are. Equipment is separate. 350 PVP Cards, 400 PVE cards, 1800 equipment.

Lazybum
05-26-2013, 06:34 PM
No, PVE cards are cards just like PVP cards are. Equipment is separate. 350 PVP Cards, 400 PVE cards, 1800 equipment.

new numbers every day it seems lol

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 06:35 PM
The exact number is honestly irrelevant, I didn't see any point in correcting them. The principal is the same, two entirely different decks.

Lazybum
05-26-2013, 06:36 PM
tho pvp cards come from boosters and all equipment and pve cards come from dungeons and raids?

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Basically, yep. I believe primal packs also have a treasure chest component that can give you some pve gear?

Daer
05-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Those are the numbers Cory quotes in the Talents and Equipment video.

All booster packs come with a treasure chest.

Krenos
05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
The exact number is honestly irrelevant, I didn't see any point in correcting them. The principal is the same, two entirely different decks.

Not different decks, two different sets of cards
PVP cards can be included in PVE decks
PVE cards CANNOT be in PVP decks
Equipment only effect PVE

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Not different decks, two different sets of cards
PVP cards can be included in PVE decks
PVE cards CANNOT be in PVP decks
Equipment only effect PVE

If you really want to get into the nitty gritty, any card can go into any deck, that deck may just not be eligible for the thing you want to do, there will be a pvp format that allows cards and equipment. It may just not be very popular.

MugenMusou
05-26-2013, 08:29 PM
I had same question as well. But my intention not because PvE affect PvP value instead having 650 cards every 3 months will be impossible to continue collect.

Since PvE is free content based, perhaps every 3 months PvP and rather than adding full PvE cards just add 1-2 dungeons per month?

Skirovik
05-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Have they said how often the plan on releasing new sets?

Hopefully if they release them quite often (every 3 months), it won't be too many cards as to be too overwhelming but at the same time not too little so it's still exciting and not just "here's 30 new cards, enjoy...".

Gwaer
05-26-2013, 08:35 PM
I also don't know how they plan to release pve cards? They said they were going to make what, 10 more dungeons? Are those dungeons each going to introduce more cards? does that mean the pve set has increased since that stretch goal?