PDA

View Full Version : 2 kings, or a collector?

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi guys,
Since it seems that getting a GK is almost impossible, I'm thinking about adding a second pledge to my current Dungeon Crawler.
So, I started thinking about what to pledge for - as someone suggested me in a different thread, Collector seems a good option for those who are interested in the provided benefits.
However, I started asking myself... is Collector really that good?

Collector
2 Kings

4 Starter Decks + 1 Dragon's Blood deck
8 Starter Decks + 2 Dragon's Blood deck

155 Booster Packs + 1 Primal Booster
310 Booster Packs + 2 Primal Booster

6 Alt Art every year, 2 copies each
Nothing

1 year free drafts
Nothing

3 months of VIP
6 months of VIP

2 random Legendary Pieces of Equipment
4 random Legendary Pieces of Equipment

1 of each crafting material
2 of each crafting material

3 booster drafts
6 booster drafts

3x Exclusive cards
4x Exclusive cards

2x Spectral Lotus Garden
2x Spectral Lotus Garden

Since I already have 1 year of free drafts because of my dungeon crawler, I actually see no reason why I should pick Collector over 2 Kings.

Am I right? Am I doing my maths wrong?

Tathel
05-27-2013, 08:09 AM
You are right as long as you don't care about the yearly alt art cards from the collector tier. The only real advantage Collector has over 2 kings is that and the year of drafts, but you already have the later and they don't stack

LexC
05-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Seems good to me

MrCwis
05-27-2013, 08:18 AM
You'll actually be getting 12 alt arts a year, 2 of each card.

It's really how much you value those limited cards, everything else you can trade or buy except for the dragon's blood starter. Some people value the limited cards higher then other people. But I think it's concensus that these cards are going to be valuable, and how valuable will be determined by which cards are choosen by cryptozoic and if they are tier 1 cards or not.

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 08:19 AM
You are right as long as you don't care about the yearly alt art cards from the collector tier. The only real advantage Collector has over 2 kings is that and the year of drafts, but you already have the later and they don't stack
and, on top of that, 2 Kings offer twice the amount of Starter Decks, Dragon's Blood Decks, Normal Boosters and Primal Boosters.
Unless the 6x Alt Art are top-tier legendaries, I see no reason for picking up Collector for the time being.

BenRGamer
05-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, for one, all the boosters and stuff is only going to be set one. But once other sets go out you can trade your Collector edition cards for platinum to get the new boosters with, admittedly it's a gamble, but it's something in the long term, unlike two kings.

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Yeah, agreed. However, there is always the chance that the 6 alt-art are nearly useless and only valuable for collectors. Let's not forget that we are talking about more or less 1 year before set 2 kicks in (which means more or less 9 months of beta and three months of retail).

LexC
05-27-2013, 08:40 AM
You think a new set will be released every 3 months?

Daer
05-27-2013, 08:42 AM
CZE has said their goal is a new set every 4 months.

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Whoops, right. Still it's 13 months before a new set will kick in - and another 8 months before a new block.

FranzVonG
05-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Still it's 13 months before a new set will kick im

Where's 13 coming from? From what they have said in the latest videos, game will be in Beta in September and released before the end of year. So, even if we consider that our beta will not have any wipe from the beginning, it will be "only" 8 months before the release of the new set.

Cotton
05-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Get the Collector in a seperate account and have 2x drafts a week for a year. Transfer cards from one account to the next

LexC
05-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Where's 13 coming from? From what they have said in the latest videos, game will be in Beta in September and released before the end of year. So, even if we consider that our beta will not have any wipe from the beginning, it will be "only" 8 months before the release of the new set.

I was under the impression that HEX will be released Summer 2014

Karokoram
05-27-2013, 09:08 AM
I was under the impression that HEX will be released Summer 2014

They are shooting for a launch before the end of the year. Beta in Sept 13, and if all goes smoothly, launching Dec 13.

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 09:27 AM
I was fairly sure the launch was supposed to be before next summer. Ho weber, I might just as well be wrong.

Melfion
05-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Something to keep in mind is that the free draft is worth 156 boosters if you NEVER win any other packs from the draft. Not to mention the fact that, as has been stated above, the draft boosters will extend into new sets.

issowi
05-27-2013, 09:38 AM
how would you actually do King twice? is there an option in the kickstarter page for it?

Rapkannibale
05-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Cory mentioned on a recent podcast that its looking good for a release this year.

I would also suggest just keeping the accounts desperate and then you could have two drafts per week for a year. :)

Although the extra boosters seem really good as well if you go with two kings.

Lochar
05-27-2013, 09:43 AM
how would you actually do King twice? is there an option in the kickstarter page for it?

Nope. Youhave to either PayPal pledge or open multiple ks accounts.

And this is seriously making me debate switching my collector.

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 10:16 AM
hey, if you want to give up on your GK, I'm here :P j/k.
The 2nd draft is juicy, indeed. I'm going to have to think a bit about it, but if sending items for free from an account to another is doable, I'm in with Collector + DC; otherwise I think I'm just going to have to get 2 kings.

issowi
05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Nope. Youhave to either PayPal pledge or open multiple ks accounts.

And this is seriously making me debate switching my collector.

lets say i use a second ks account, how does hex know i should get both?

Daer
05-27-2013, 11:53 AM
lets say i use a second ks account, how does hex know i should get both?

They will set something up after the kickstarter ends so you can merge accounts. They haven't specifically said how they will do it, just that they will merge up to 4 kickstarter/paypal pledges into 1 account.

Mishulo
05-27-2013, 10:45 PM
So in the end I pledged for a collector because of the 2nd weekly draft - but I'm still unsure, as I guess I won't have the time to play that much..
Arrrrgh!!

Derium
05-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Not having much time to play is how little? Because two free drafts a week would only take a few hours. If you have enough time for that, I say stick with collector. Two free drafts a week is amazing.

Krenos
05-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Also remember with the flood of packs the extra packs are not going to be worth much...

Mishulo
05-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Wish I knew. If tablet support kicks in I'm fine but otherwise I spend no more than 2-3 evenings each week at home; the other nights I'm either with my gf and/or our friends or working...

zaril
05-28-2013, 01:36 AM
150+150 boosters, we're talking ~4400 cards, 300 of them being rare probably? So, we're talking about ~4100 cards being duplicates of 200+ cards. I guess just like me, with only one 150 booster reward will have a lot of cards to give away to friends. The first set won't be worth much, free drafts of the next sets will most likely be a good boon.

AirAlert
05-29-2013, 07:57 AM
"6 Alt Art every year, 2 copies each"
Is there confirmation that the extra Alt Art copies are for every year or just the 1st set?

Thanks

Genocidal
05-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Update #16 confirms it's 2 copies: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/490603

MisterBurkes
05-29-2013, 08:50 AM
So in the end I pledged for a collector because of the 2nd weekly draft - but I'm still unsure, as I guess I won't have the time to play that much..
Arrrrgh!!

Friday night draft
Saturday night draft
Sunday night draft