PDA

View Full Version : GK and the Guild Master tier

primer
05-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi with GK you unlock all the Guild Master tier, I've never been one for leading a guild and I am just wondering if I would lose the bonuses from this tier if I was not to lead a guild (the +10% xp to my guild and 30 boosters to 3 of my friends). I assume I'll still get the 30 boosters to friends but 10% xp is a decent reward to lose and if I don't join a guild do I still get 10% xp or do I need to make a guild of one to get it?

ramseytheory
05-27-2013, 03:55 PM
You can definitely get the bonus, and give it to your guild, just by being a member - you don't have to be the leader. I'm not sure whether you get the bonus to yourself if you're not in a guild at all, though.

Shadowelf
05-27-2013, 03:57 PM
1)U can use the codes and 'gift' the boosters to urself
2)GM's 10% doesn't stack no matter how many GMs a guild has
3)It 's not clear whether ur getting the bonus urself

theghost32
05-27-2013, 03:57 PM
you can give yourself the packs

primer
05-27-2013, 04:07 PM
ah right, thanks so much for the quick replies :)

Cotton
05-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Are we able to wait for set 2 to gift packs? And are we able to send them in smaller amounts say like 5 packs?

Derium
05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
it says "+10% PVE experience for all members of..." so you will get the bonus yourself.

MrCwis
05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Are we able to wait for set 2 to gift packs? And are we able to send them in smaller amounts say like 5 packs?

In the guild master tier you get 3 codes for 30 packs. You're able to redeem these yourself then you can just send them 5 packs or whatever amount you would like. No you cannot redeem them for set 2, all boosters in the kickstarter are set 1, except those specific ones stated to be set 2 in the stretch goals

Cotton
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
But where does it say we can't wait and use the codes on set 2?

Derium
05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
But where does it say we can't wait and use the codes on set 2?

the code will be generated at launch. So you have to assume it'll be coded for the current packs.

Cotton
05-27-2013, 08:47 PM
So collector gets a valuable lifetime bonus along with Pro and Dungeon Crawler and this tier gets extra boosters of the first set? What little appeal this tier had has vanished out the window

Jarric
05-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Then don't buy the Guild Master one. For those of us that bought the Grand king it's just a bonus tier.

TheMadHatter
06-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I feel like the Guild Master tier was missing the point to an extent.

There was so little said about Guild to excite people. I would have liked to see things to promote guilds and excite Guild Masters. I would have liked to hear details about what a guild will look and feel like digitally. If it is a town or keep, maybe Guild Masters would have access to a skin or trophy room that others do not. Even something small, adding "Ye Old" in beautiful golden lettering before our chosen guild name, hanging from the guild's castle walls. Or nailed onto a rotting tavern sign, a shadow guild meeting in the dark.

On a different note, I would have liked to see an evolving in-game social networking system deeper than traditional guild interactions. I'm thinking Facebook for Hex. I want a guild bulletin board, owned by the master and run by permission by officers. I want the option of customizable in-game profiles where we can upload images or replays. To see current events posted detailing the raids or drafts that Senior Guild Members plan to initiate. Alarms on a world clock that count down to personalized event times, as much as leaving a draft to raid hurts. Multi-leveled chat options is a winner too. I would want to keep a "Legendary" gauntlet of decks from our guilds tournament wins, for future noobies to challenge and study.

My guild would need a place where everyone can speak their mind. A place where we can keep our history, our laws and our treasure. I would welcome new members to the hearth, give them a customizable guild rank, maybe have uploadable music or pictures/banners (uploadable images). I'd really like a guild name reserved to each guild master, maybe with major guild member tournament wins recorded in a hall of records.

I heard everyone gets a keep. Maybe guilds can band together and associate their keeps somehow? In any case, I have heard very little that excited me about the guild master tier. Being a guild master isn't about buying the best value or accumulating the most rare loot over time, or even making it to worlds. To me, being a guild master is about using your time and effort to help facilitate an enjoyable group experience. Other than some exp bonus and product to give away, I don't see how this tier is giving Guild Masters tools to help grow, manage, encourage and excite their guilds.

Skirovik
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
i feel like the guild master tier was missing the point to an extent.

There was so little said about guild to excite people. I would have liked to see things to promote guilds and excite guild masters. I would have liked to hear details about what a guild will look and feel like digitally. If it is a town or keep, maybe guild masters would have access to a skin or trophy room that others do not. Even something small, adding "ye old" in beautiful golden lettering before our chosen guild name, hanging from the guild's castle walls. Or nailed onto a rotting tavern sign, a shadow guild meeting in the dark.

On a different note, i would have liked to see an evolving in-game social networking system deeper than traditional guild interactions. I'm thinking facebook for hex. I want a guild bulletin board, owned by the master and run by permission by officers. I want the option of customizable in-game profiles where we can upload images or replays. To see current events posted detailing the raids or drafts that senior guild members plan to initiate. Alarms on a world clock that count down to personalized event times, as much as leaving a draft to raid hurts. Multi-leveled chat options is a winner too. I would want to keep a "legendary" gauntlet of decks from our guilds tournament wins, for future noobies to challenge and study.

My guild would need a place where everyone can speak their mind. A place where we can keep our history, our laws and our treasure. I would welcome new members to the hearth, give them a customizable guild rank, maybe have uploadable music or pictures/banners (uploadable images). I'd really like a guild name reserved to each guild master, maybe with major guild member tournament wins recorded in a hall of records.

I heard everyone gets a keep. Maybe guilds can band together and associate their keeps somehow? In any case, i have heard very little that excited me about the guild master tier. Being a guild master isn't about buying the best value or accumulating the most rare loot over time, or even making it to worlds. To me, being a guild master is about using your time and effort to help facilitate an enjoyable group experience. Other than some exp bonus and product to give away, i don't see how this tier is giving guild masters tools to help grow, manage, encourage and excite their guilds.

This. Sounds. Amazing!