PDA

View Full Version : Card Templates

Krenos
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM
I know we all are waiting (im)patiently for this game so out of boredom I started playing around with some cards, and I figured I would see if you guys were interested in the Card Templates I am working on.

Here is an example of a Blood Template I have:

http://i.imgur.com/3nWe7tR.jpg
[This is not my Final copy, but a good representation]

Also trying to find the right font, any suggestions?

wallofomens
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Also trying to find the right font, any suggestions?

Definitely a sans-serif. It looks like Optima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optima) to me. Or at least very close to Optima.

Banquetto
05-27-2013, 08:13 PM
It's not quite correct (it's a little more formal), but Lineatura Light (http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/abstrkt/lineatura/light/glyphs.html?render=webfont) is not a million miles away in letter shape. It has the same big O's and small loops on the R's and P's.

Zagar
09-14-2013, 04:26 AM
So how would we put in information into this card?

Kami
09-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Please don't necro very old threads.

Zagar
09-14-2013, 06:19 AM
I only necrod it cuz its the only thread i found that had the information i needed.

Shadowelf
09-14-2013, 08:48 AM
I only necrod it cuz its the only thread i found that had the information i needed.

If you have a topic you would like to discuss, or a question you would like to ask, that hasn't been brought for a while it's always better to start a new thread. Why?

1)it is against the forum guidlines
2)visibility
3)misinformation (if the topic is out of date)

While the above might not apply to all cases, or at all times, it generally makes more sense to ask the question afresh, than necroing old threads pages long (therefore forcing people to reread pages of content ), threads that were unsuccessful in getting a question answered, or threads like this one that the OP clearly hasn't posted for a while, therefore he isn't available to provide answers to questions asked.

This forum is for the Hex community to discuss Hex-related topics that do not explicitly belong in one of the other sub-forums. Topics belonging in another sub-forum will be relocated. To best facilitate constructive community discussion, please use clear and concise thread titles and avoid posting multiple threads on the same topic. Please do not bump threads for visibility and do not raise long-dead threads from their graves.

(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26351)

ossuary
09-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Seriously, Shadowelf, why are you not a mod? You're like the fount of all Hex knowledge. :)

zadies
09-14-2013, 09:21 AM
This thread isn't pages long, it answered the question directly and would have likely been linked to in the original thread as an answer. So in the three reasons you listed for not necroing older threads this one fails all three tests. It is not in the coc for the threads it's not polite to do it and because it is not polite there should be a litmus test that forum mods should accually apply possibly what you listed as opposed to going well it's wrong because it isn't a formal rule.

Shadowelf
09-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Seriously, Shadowelf, why are you not a mod? You're like the fount of all Hex knowledge. :)

You can't sign up for it oss; you have to be invited

Q: Where do I sign up to become a Mod Bot?
A: There's no sign ups. Our Mod Bots are hand selected from among our forum community based on a number of qualifications. If we need to construct a new Mod Bot, and you fit the bill, we'll contact you!

@Zadies

1)it is against the forum guidlines
2)visibility
3)misinformation (if the topic is out of date)

These are general guidlines, which as i said may not apply to all cases. Clearly in this case the first does, the others don't

Then i went on providing more specific reasons;

While the above might not apply to all cases, or at all times, it generally makes more sense to ask the question afresh, than necroing old threads pages long (therefore forcing people to reread pages of content ), threads that were unsuccessful in getting a question answered, or threads like this one that the OP clearly hasn't posted for a while, therefore he isn't available to provide answers to questions asked.

True 2 out of the 3 don't apply in this case but the highlighted one does.

In any case what i was saying above is my opinion and it might not reflect what mods or devs perceive as the right reasons.

Kroan
09-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Where can I find these guidlines btw. The CoC (http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc) doesn't mention those rules, so i'm rather intrested. The post you quoted only mentiones bumping a thread for visibility, which isn't the case. All the forums I used to visit always prefer posting in a relevant thread above making another topic about something, so I'm curious if there are more guidlines I might not know of! :)

Shadowelf
09-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Where can I find these guidlines btw. The CoC (http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc) doesn't mention those rules, so i'm rather intrested. The post you quoted only mentiones bumping a thread for visibility, which isn't the case. All the forums I used to visit always prefer posting in a relevant thread above making another topic about something, so I'm curious if there are more guidlines I might not know of! :)

Official forum guidlines are here; http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26351

Everything outside this is mine, which as i said, it may or may not reflect mods/devs opinion on the topic

jetah
09-14-2013, 11:31 AM
The don't necro post should be added to the COC.

zadies
09-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Someone else could easily answer the question asked:
For example I'll take a shot at it all that is really needing to be done is save the image.In chrome just right click it and save image as a type and then you can use whatever your favorite editor is. I'm sure a more artistic person would have better recommendations on what program to use but that is basically how you would edit it.

Looking at other sections of the board like deck building necroing old threads is much more pertinent. Theorycrafting takes time and really when the information discussed like on a new set release rehashing all of the old information again rather then continuing the ongoing debate in a new light both ways have merit.

Really it is not part of the coc people should apply some sort litmus test to it.

Nothing on this forum is really old enough to be considered a necro post nor is most of the fourm so filled with missinformation that bring up any of the order threads would bad for that reasons.

Zagar
09-14-2013, 12:11 PM
The reasoned I necrod this thread was for the fact he was the only thread that I could find with this type of card template. So, I asked if people knew how to add things to it with the original font. (I even made a new topic about it, which got no replies) But this thread seems to have gotten many replies along with a good measured answer. SO, my necroing of this thread was more so in the right for me, then the wrong.

QuartZ
09-14-2013, 12:17 PM
People are nitpicking anything they can out of boredom.

In topic: I like the template, dont know if the guy who did it still around but i would like to see to other shards. I would just use PS/Gimp to put image and text i want. For the font, you could do one, cut/paste A-Z letters from the cards already spoiled and use a font creator program. You will have the exact same.