PDA

View Full Version : Getting feedback for demand of boosterpacks upon game release!

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Guys,

Im currently collecting some data to see how the demand will be for purchasing boosters upon game launch

For those buying
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iTNQrxbfysonC08SVnIx_OgPeArSVNA94nG5Nn9sYv0/viewform

For those selling in BULK,
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FGjQVXT8PXk36Kz7lp7wqONnJvDHMHJAli1FSroklJw/viewform

Tyrfang
05-28-2013, 09:24 AM
I'll be honest, as a GK, I don't want any more Set 1 boosters.

Genocidal
05-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Yea, I feel the same way. Asking here, where most/all of us are getting a deluge of packs for backing the Kickstarter may not be the best way to get unbiased results.

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I'll be honest, as a GK, I don't want any more Set 1 boosters.

Thats exactly why im curious to find out, especially when the top tiers + multi pledgers are holding to so many boosters, I wanna know how the lower tiers feel towards purchasing boosters as well as the different opinions that the top tiers + multi pledgers might have

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Yea, I feel the same way. Asking here, where most/all of us are getting a deluge of packs for backing the Kickstarter may not be the best way to get unbiased results.

Not everyone is getting the rainfall of booster packs, as there are over 2k squire and warrior combined, they are the ones who will actually buy them for usage and of cos potential merchants/drafters sweeping up super cheap boosters for future draft usage

Cooks
05-28-2013, 09:31 AM
as a king backer i think i will buy a couple more to complete playset 1 and draft ;)
30 - 50 i think

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
as a king backer i think i will buy a couple more to complete playset 1 and draft ;)
30 - 50 i think

Could you do the short form? so i could collate the entries =] thanks

Chance
05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
If you plan on buying 50 at 100$ why not just get another king and get a billion more things?

Kilo24
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
My guess is that you're not going to make many sales to many active members of this forum right now. They probably already spent way too much on the game already and if they wanted more they'd get them from the Kickstarter. You'll be making the majority of your sales by selling to the people who didn't get interested in the game until after the Kickstarter ended, and until that happens you won't get an accurate estimate of the market value of a secondhand booster pack.

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:38 AM
My guess is that you're not going to make many sales to many active members of this forum right now. They probably already spent way too much on the game already and if they wanted more they'd get them from the Kickstarter. You'll be making the majority of your sales by selling to the people who didn't find out about the game until after the Kickstarter ended, and until that happens you won't get an accurate estimate of the market value of a secondhand booster pack.

Its not about the sales I am targeting at, I just need a data point to work with to understand some stuff regarding the lower tier pledgers

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:39 AM
If you plan on buying 50 at 100$ why not just get another king and get a billion more things?

The thing is, 50 boosters will not be worth $100 at release, we could really see some crazy low price at initial launch from all the price undercutting

Genocidal
05-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Clicked through to the survey page and figured out what you're doing, not cool.

Tyrfang
05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
...I hope you're not thinking of taking advantage of the KS pledges to resell the packs after the game launches.

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Clicked through to the survey page and figured out what you're doing, not cool.

Well, what did I do??

Simple question to get a feel of how much the market will be before launch, and potentially get buyers in advance,

and get some actual feedback from individual players as "Im gonna have tons of boosters so I am not buying" doesnt apply to everyone. and Do not under-estimate the power of a small niche interested in just getting boosters (not necessary a min 50 pack)

Shadowelf
05-28-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm on GK+collector atm and although i'm getting a lot of stuff at game launch, i'll buy some more boosters for drafting maybe or fun. I intend to open all the KS boosters to start building a collection, so depending on how many drafts i can play at launch i'll buy accordingly. Maybe 10-30 boosters

wallofomens
05-28-2013, 09:44 AM
As a mere Knight backer but an excellent drafter, I do not plan on buying any more packs!

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
...I hope you're not thinking of taking advantage of the KS pledges to resell the packs after the game launches.

Im already sitting on GK+Pros. which is why I need to know the general feel of the market as I will be doing some serious trading right off the bat, no harm knowing the potential outcome before hand,

Edit- Plus how can I take advantage of the KS pledges against People who are already in KS now?

Not like Im selling Pro tiers/Grand King tiers

katkillad
05-28-2013, 09:54 AM
The thing is, 50 boosters will not be worth $100 at release, we could really see some crazy low price at initial launch from all the price undercutting

Yep, for Set 1 it's going to be a race to the bottom as far as booster prices go. I'm not going to be surprised if the VIP program isn't going to be "worth" it for the first set.

Tyrfang
05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
It's taking advantage of the KS pledges against Cryptozoic, by buying boosters with the intention of resale after the game launches, which would cut into Cryptozoic's future sales revenue.

Of course this might all be moot if the price of boosters in Set 1 is so low that you end up losing money.

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Yep, for Set 1 it's going to be a race to the bottom as far as booster prices go. I'm not going to be surprised if the VIP program isn't going to be "worth" it for the first set.

Yup, exactly I wanna know more about the potential prices people are expecting to see or willing to buy at..

Currently have 12 responses, thanks to those who responded to the form

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 09:59 AM
It's taking advantage of the KS pledges against Cryptozoic, by buying boosters with the intention of resale after the game launches, which would cut into Cryptozoic's future sales revenue.

Of course this might all be moot if the price of boosters in Set 1 is so low that you end up losing money.

I dont understand what you mean, I am currently sitting on a large amount of boosters due to my GK+Pros pledge (which is allowed)

I get to have lots of drafts, which means I could afford to sell away my booster packs(which i believe lots of ppl will be doing)

So right now, instead of waiting for game to be launch, I want to find out the possible prices as well as to seek potential buyers to buy off the booster packs from me, as well as to understand the market sentiments on pricing for boosters to allow me to pick up any boosters selling for prices below a certain price point.

papalorax
05-28-2013, 10:01 AM
I expect 2 pack 1 to go for 3 platinum...trending up to 3 for 4 and capping at 4 for 5.

Tyrfang
05-28-2013, 10:03 AM
I dont understand what you mean, I am currently sitting on a large amount of boosters due to my GK+Pros pledge (which is allowed)

I get to have lots of drafts, which means I could afford to sell away my booster packs(which i believe lots of ppl will be doing)

So right now, instead of waiting for game to be launch, I want to find out the possible prices as well as to seek potential buyers to buy off the booster packs from me, as well as to understand the market sentiments on pricing for boosters to allow me to pick up any boosters selling for prices below a certain price point.

Sorry, I interpreted your survey as intent to purchase further tiers and then strip them of boosters after the game released.

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Sorry, I interpreted your survey as intent to purchase further tiers and then strip them of boosters after the game released.

No problem, I just want to have a good headstart in terms of data collection for these important price points

UDareUTake
05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
For those interested in Selling in BULK, see this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FGjQVXT8PXk36Kz7lp7wqONnJvDHMHJAli1FSroklJw/viewform

Madican
05-28-2013, 10:53 AM
I think that individual Set 1 cards, expecially ones that get foiled or tournament achievements, will be worth more than the booster packs themselves. Mainly because there will be thousands upon thousands of packs, but statistics will ensure a lower number of say a legendary, and even lower numbers of that legendary becoming foil or getting tournament achievements.

Fireblast
05-28-2013, 11:48 AM
You can foil the cards by playing them, which might not be that hard.
I can only see "Foiling" rigged matches with friends

~

Tyrfang
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
You can foil the cards by playing them, which might not be that hard.
I can only see "Foiling" rigged matches with friends

~

Achievement hunting is a valid way of playing an MMO.
If they want to do that, let them - it creates a bit of value for others (foils/extended art cards). It will probably be just as profitable to run dungeons/raids.

IndigoShade
05-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Not to mention if cards level up while playing PvE, I'd rather be doing that than playing bogus games to level cards up.

Deathfog
05-28-2013, 02:45 PM
If people are selling packs for $0.60 to .70 equivalent in plat on day one, I'll be there buying.

Shivdaddy
05-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Set 1 packs will be under a dollar for a good while. A lot of things depend on how many people pick up Hex between when kickstarter ends and live begins. Obviously if we get a bunch of new blood the packs rise in price because they did not get them at the big discount like all of us did. When set 2 comes out set 1 boosters will start to slowly rise, assuming limited pays out mainly set 2 in prizes, but if they pay out evenly, set 1 will not rise much at all. It seems Hex listens to their players and will not do stupid stuff like MTGO where payout is unbalanced and makes players mad. If that is the case I do not think there is much money to make off set 1 boosters unless you hold them for awhile. I think the spread will be thin and if the auction house takes a cut, which I assume it will you will be making chump change.

Good thread

Thank you for making a thread that is worth reading and thinking about.

Shivdaddy
05-28-2013, 02:57 PM
If people are selling packs for $0.60 to .70 equivalent in plat on day one, I'll be there buying.

Has it been said that 1 plat =$1?

Has it been said if plat will be broken up into tenths/hundredths/thousandths? .001

Joolz
05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Has it been said that 1 plat =$1?

Has it been said if plat will be broken up into tenths/hundredths/thousandths? .001

I think it's a good bet you can either break plat up into smaller currency and/or it will cost less than $1. Even if for some reason it can't be broken into less than a dollar the market could still effectively make packs worth less than $1 by say selling 10 packs for $6.00.

Cotton
05-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Maybe you'll be able to use a certain amount of gold to buy a platinum. Say like 1000 gold for a Plat, then people can buy and sell packs for .80 plat = 800 gold

Or will they just issue fractional Plat? Like half a plat ect..?

darkwonders
05-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I thought all KS boosters had to be opened...

Digital_Aether
05-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I would assume you'd need an increment smaller than a dollar, otherwise how would the AH function? I would like to think that it would go to cents, so that you could spend 15 cents on an uncommon card or whatnot.

Tyrfang
05-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I'd probably sell some of my additional boosters for a discount, only because I don't expect to be able to use all my Set 1 boosters as draft packs/constructed packs before Set 2 comes out.

UDareUTake
05-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Need more people to contribute for the Seller's Form,

For those selling boosters in BULK,
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FGj...oklJw/viewform

Floru
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Need more people to contribute for the Seller's Form,

For those selling boosters in BULK,
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FGj...oklJw/viewform

Will you be sharing the data at the end?

UDareUTake
05-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Will you be sharing the data at the end?

I wont be sharing the individual data collected, but I will be sharing some such as, the lowest Selling price, Highest selling price, average selling price, and average quantity selling

but currently only 7 responses from the Sellers