PDA

View Full Version : Update 20 is up

OysterPrime
05-28-2013, 12:44 PM
And here is the info about the t-shirt/card poll:

Thank you to everyone who participated in the t-shirt poll over the weekend on the HEX forums. As our company motto is Fans First, we wanted to open the discussion to you, the HEX community. Many of you pointed out the hazard of tying exclusive cards to physical goods, even if we were doing it through Kickstarter. We are making the tee-shirts and they'll be solo. They'll still be gorgeous, clean HEX designs printed on quality shirt stock, but feature no digital add-ons. Your feedback is truly appreciated and helped us make this decision. Thanks for keeping the discussion civil and constructive. We'll show you the shirts and explain how to order them in a future update.

As for the card, we'll be awarding that PVE card as an exclusive to Kickstarter backers as a thank you for participating in the discussion. From Squire to Producer, you'll all receive a copy and due to the 660K stretch goal reward, you'll all be getting an extra copy. Collectors, you'll all be getting three copies. Hooray! We'll unveil the full card in a later update.

Seems fair. Great job on listening to the concerns, CZE. Here is a link to the whole update. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/493389)

ForgedSol
05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Love the decision. Anyone who wanted a shirt before the poll, can still get a shirt. And now cards for everyone.

Voices
05-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Great reply by CZE, I think. Still going to get one of the shirts.

Verdant
05-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Relentless Corruption art creeps me out.

OysterPrime
This is definitely the most reasonable outcome for the situation. All of the backers from Squire on up will get at least one copy of the card. Now people won't feel obligated to buy the shirt unless they actually want it.

MugenMusou
I'm glad that they separated T-shirt from the digital card. Not only for this but the way they phrased seem to carry over to the future i.e. they won't be trying to sell non-digital content with digital exclusiveness.

I really appreciate their decision here. If they want to sell physical product, they can do similar to what Wulven is doing for Shadow Era TCG. Include standard digital item to the physical item i.e. ones who are purchasing physical item seems its a real bargain.

Again, thank you Cryptozoic!

ForgedSol
05-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Silence in this thread. That must be a good thing.

Cato
05-28-2013, 02:59 PM

The community is... happy?! ;)

As a 40k fan I think the Relentless Corruption art is pretty damn epic.

MrCwis
05-28-2013, 03:01 PM

So say we all.

MTree
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
As a 40k fan I think the Relentless Corruption art is pretty damn epic.

Hey Cato,
Could you elaborate on this statement? I'm a fan of 40k, but I don't see the connection.

Cato
05-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey Cato,
Could you elaborate on this statement? I'm a fan of 40k, but I don't see the connection.
I feel that the dark science-fiction vibe to this card perfectly captures the look of an individuals panicked descent into insanity and damnation. (Corruption being an ever present threat to mankind's very existence in GW's dystopian universe.) The card is a vision of chaos and subjugation.

I'm actually pretty impressed that CzE decided to publish it.

...of course this could be just be my over-active imagination ;)

MTree
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM
I feel that the dark science-fiction vibe to this card perfectly captures the look of an individuals panicked descent into insanity and damnation. (Corruption being an ever present threat to mankind's very existence in GW's dystopian universe.) The card is a vision of chaos and subjugation.

I'm actually pretty impressed that CzE decided to publish it.

...of course this could be just be my over-active imagination ;)

I would definitely love to see more "chaotic" type cards especially things along the style of Ol' Pappy Nurgle. So far there is a pretty large range of card styles, from cute bunnies and mushrooms with staches to giant beasts covered in gore!