PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm! Binder Cover and stickers!

Dekester
05-28-2013, 05:42 PM
How's this for an idea: special binder covers for your collection. When anyone goes to trade with you, they see your binder cover first. You can get these via card achievements or events. For example, unlocking both the extended art and foil for card could unlock it as a binder cover. Special covers could be prizes for tournaments, leagues, or even guild events.

But wait, there's more! When you win a tournament, draft, or do anything else noteworthy, you get virtual stickers that can be placed on your cover to show these accomplishments to the world.

Ok, so there's my idea. Shouldn't take much to implement, but heck, I could be the only person who is at all interested in it. Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Thanks for any feedback, but especially for positive feedback. :)

wallofomens
05-28-2013, 05:50 PM
I love it :D How's that for feedback?!

TheDiv
05-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Sounds awesome! I'd love that sort of feature :)

Mushroom_C1oud
05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Getting a special binder cover for collecting at least 1 of every card would make a nice trophy too!

Gorgol
05-28-2013, 05:58 PM
seems neat

RECHiD
05-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Sounds cool as an optional feature. I'm all for flavor, and icing-on-the-cake features, but honestly, when I want to trade, I just want to get down to business. I think a lot of people will want a simple, efficient way to trade cards.

It is a neat idea though.

wallofomens
05-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I would like to request a "best drafter of HEX" sticker/cover so that people know who I am when trading with me!

Tathel
05-28-2013, 06:32 PM
This would be really cool. I used to put stickers on my card collection binders when i was a youngin'

Dekester
05-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Glad to know I'm not the only one with binders covered in Guild Stickers etc.

Ashenor
05-29-2013, 01:48 PM
It's a cool idea, but i guess i don't envision trading in a dTCG done as searching through a binder though.

If we are trading i probably know the card i need from you already and you need from me and we discussed via chat already.

I mean i could see it, but i don't see myself browsing through someone's binder to find something i need (especially set one).

Talreth
05-29-2013, 01:56 PM
only if the sticker is a gold star

wallofomens
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
The way I envision it is that there would be like a general auction house where you can search for cards. And once you've found the card that you want, you are sent to that person's binder(and to the page where the card you want is). And the binder represents all cards this person has up on the AH for sale. It's just a little something that would make the whole selling/buying/trading experience a bit more personal and less detached which it would be with just a general AH and some lists.

Shadowelf
05-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Its a nice idea but i think it 'd be kinda slow. I mean run through somebody's collection, check his needs, check ur spares, propose a trade and w8 for the guy to accept or repropose; wouldn't that take a long time ? I imagined it differently, like checking the AH, find the card u need and then u either pay with ingame currency or offer one of the cards the other guy has listed for a direct trade.

Talreth
05-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Its a nice idea but i think it 'd be kinda slow. I mean run through somebody's collection, check his needs, check ur spares, propose a trade and w8 for the guy to accept or repropose; wouldn't that take a long time ? I imagined it differently, like checking the AH, find the card u need and then u either pay with ingame currency or offer one of the cards the other guy has listed for a direct trade.

Yeah, there will be an auction house which is where most of the transactions are going to go down. With the addition of keep defense I think it's fairly safe to assume each character will have a profile, and it's not too far from that to imagine that you could opt to show off your collection/stickers/binder/etc. Also I'm sure they'll have a way to directly trade if someone wants to..

Turtlewing
05-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah, there will be an auction house which is where most of the transactions are going to go down. With the addition of keep defense I think it's fairly safe to assume each character will have a profile, and it's not too far from that to imagine that you could opt to show off your collection/stickers/binder/etc. Also I'm sure they'll have a way to directly trade if someone wants to..

This would be the way to do it. The vanity "binder" belongs with your character/player profile where you can show of your collection piece cards alongside your vanity artwork and achievement stickers.

Adding a cutscene to the trade interface that shows off achievements is annoying.