PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of articles/content do you want to see on a Hex Fansite?

successfulgeek
05-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Some friends and I are setting up a Hex fansite and I wanted to find out from the community what kinds of articles and other content would you be interested in reading/listening to/watching. We are very inspired by sites lik Daily Metagame, Quiet Speculation and even the new Deckspot.

Some of the stuff we are planning are articles about strategies that we learn, deck analysis, previews(if we get big enough to get ahold of the developers and such) and more.

Let me know what you think, we already have the domain and are working on the site now. As soon as it is up I will gladly share it. Thanks and I can't wait to play with you guys.

Zomnivore
05-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Well, I guess watching top rated plays or commentary on said plays is pretty obvious.Same with meta analyses and what not. I wouldn't mind seeing a troll deck/card option format where you have to win a round or build a deck around an obtuse card.

I think deck building strategies based around getting a certain achievement would be helpful...sounds like unlocked alternate art cards might have added value in trades.

My 2c

Skirovik
05-28-2013, 07:44 PM
I would love to see drafting videos and explanations of what cards you pick and why, along with videos of the games you play with your newly drafted deck. I think that would be really useful for newer players to both Hex and drafting in general.

I think dungeon/raid strategies would also be very useful and helpful and I know I would use something like that as a resource especially if I got stuck on a dungeon or my guild/friends and I got stuck on a raid. Always looking for useful resources like that. :D

successfulgeek
05-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks @Zomnivore, great idea. The decks built around ridiculous cards is a very fun idea as well as deck ideas for achievements.

IndigoShade
05-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I haven't played a tcg at all in a good while, so I could use some brushing up on my tcg philosophies and strategies! Articles on meta gaming and deck building and the like are pretty obvious. With hex though, you could probably devote entire articles just to exploring the future possibilities of digital tcgs, the things this game is capable of that weren't possible with paper tcgs that we might like to see in the future. Brainstorming for ideas that maybe Cryptozoic hasn't come up with yet!

I think deck building strategies based around getting a certain achievement would be helpful...sounds like unlocked alternate art cards might have added value in trades.
Just wanted to add, I'm pretty sure you unlock extended art, not alternate art. There is a difference! :p

successfulgeek
05-28-2013, 07:50 PM
@IndigoShade - I actually already have some articles planned on the basics of the game as well as how Hex compares to other TCGs and another article on moving from a Physical TCG to an all Digital one.

cakedraftmasters
05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the shoutout. www.dailymetagame.com plans to do daily strategy articles/streams also. I hope that we can work together so we can build a great gaming community.

wallofomens
05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
www.dailymetagame.com plans to do daily strategy articles/streams. If anyone is interested in writing or streaming for our site please contact me through PMs on here. Thanks!

I'd suggest making your own thread, instead of advertising in another's. :) Doesn't seem quite right to me. Could be just me, though!

BigDog
05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I'd suggest making your own thread, instead of advertising in another's. :) Doesn't seem quite right to me. Could be just me, though!

Ordinarily, i'd agree. But if you say you want to make a site like dailymetagame when dailymetagame is planning to do coverage for hextcg, then i would say that is relevant information to provide to people in the forums.

Sometimes when you call the batman.......the batman appears.

cakedraftmasters
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Sorry if it felt like a hijack. Not my intention. I can make another thread or see if successfulgeek wants to work together.

wallofomens
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Ordinarily, i'd agree. But if you say you want to make a site like dailymetagame when dailymetagame is planning to do coverage for hextcg, then i would say that is relevant information to provide to people in the forums.

Sometimes when you call the batman.......the batman appears.

Well, I have a youtube channel that is pretty much the same thing, but plan on making its own thread once it gets enough content. :) But hey, to each their own! I'm not judging anyone here(except Batman).

Also - Batman sucks! :D

Relevant to the thread:

On a website like that, I think you need to have some essential content about hex which includes but is not limited to: current decks in the meta, lots of drafts/sealed events(where you share your experience, strategy and value of cards while playing in them), videos of showing deck brews and how they perform against other decks, articles on current and upcoming sets, probably lots of PvE content too. It depends on whether you want to focus on one part or just try and cover it all! :)

EDIT:

Sorry if it felt like a hijack. Not my intention. I can make another thread or see if successfulgeek wants to work together.

No, sorry, apparently it's just me thinking that. :)

maniza
05-28-2013, 08:52 PM
popular tournament decks would be cool from drafts and from constructed

successfulgeek
05-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the great ideas so far. I have a couple comments. I talked with @cakedraftmasters and I don't feel he hijacked the thread. As I said in my original post I am a big fan of DMG. Second, or site isn't going to be like DMG, we will probably end up linking to each others articles whenever great ones show up. We will both have different approaches. There is plenty of room for many sites or their both dedicated to Hex and to TCG in general.

I hope they don't mind me spoiling this, but they also suggested possibly streaming some games where it is us vs them in drafts and other tournaments. Then you can see strategies from both sites in action.

Also to give you guys a heads up the site will be at www.workerbotfactory.com Our goal is eventually go become Legendary and maybe even turn into Slaughtergear.

Any way keep the ideas coming and we will definitely work on some very usable content.