PDA

View Full Version : IDEA for CZE - An easy way to manage different merged accounts for KS-Paypal

SamCube
05-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Making the user manage how he want to merge the different pledges is the way to go, to avoid thousand of emails going here and there and changing opinions. It occurs to me that using coupon codes will solve all the mess, and let the guys at CZE focus on game making not in customer service.

Using redeemable codes inside the game client: Let's see if you got 1 Pro and 3 Kings for example, you got 4 codes. You can create4 different accounts and redeem them or you can create 1 account with 3 codes for example and 1 account with the other one. Making the same client who manages how many copies you got of each pledge.

What do you think? Could work that?

Digital_Aether
05-29-2013, 04:33 AM
A lot of small developers have been burned with codes recently. People steal a credit card, buy a bunch of codes, and then sell the codes later. Once people notice the illegal charges, they issue a chargeback. Because those codes weren't tied to any account or individual transaction, that now becomes lost into a sea of codes, and they have no idea what account to stop. If they can't stop stolen codes, then there's a market for them. I think emails are a bit more secure and less likely for fraud, but if they did codes, they'd need to keep track of every account tied to every code anyways to prevent a horribly expensive charge back problem. For examples of this, look at natural selection 2. It can cripple smaller developers.

SamCube
05-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Maybe you are right. But those codes will be sent via email too using the KS-Paypal address. One time only. You can't buy them anywhere. Not sure. Playstation Network or XBox codes work that way.

Fireblast
05-29-2013, 05:38 AM
If that is feasible, it'd be the best way to handle the rewards.

~

Digital_Aether
05-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Yeah, they just need to be careful is all I meant by that. Considering it will probably be a while before we're given codes / accounts, it would hopefully be long enough to avoid any fraudulent purchases. Paypal is pretty rough about charge backs (example: skull girls).