PDA

View Full Version : Why are Pro Players tier limited to 913 on KS?

MisterBurkes
05-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Shouldn't all of these tiers have a maximum limit of 1,000?

RobHaven
05-29-2013, 05:33 AM
PayPal backers were taken out of the KS backers so that the total number (between both sites) is 1000.

dovss
05-29-2013, 06:57 AM
PayPal backers were taken out of the KS backers so that the total number (between both sites) is 1000.

Can you please add some more Pro, or Grand King, so I can pay you money? I think since the campaign is almost over you should increase the sold-out tier levels to give people a chance to contribute who might have found out about this project too late to spend as much as they would have liked. I want to spend 250-500 dollars but there are no good tiers left for that.

Please add more PRO and GRAND KING.
These are tiers that whales will love, and you will therefore attract more long term spenders.

Thanks much
(from a 15 year Magic player, and long term TGC enthusiast)

jai151
05-29-2013, 07:01 AM
All of the $250 tiers now come with a 1 year free draft a week. They are all incredible values.

They Pro and GK tiers are sold out. It's Kickstarter. That will happen. There are no plans to add more, and I'm pretty sure they said when they started, "Okay, how many free lifetime drafts can we give away without totally borking our economy?" The answer is the number they already gave.

Googolplex
05-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Can you please add some more Pro, or Grand King, so I can pay you money?
They wont add more slots to the various Tiers, they already said so afaik. Every slot is costing them money in the long run, so it makes sense not to.

Xenavire
05-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Sorry, but that will not happen, there are limits for a reason. Feel free to complain about the multi pledgers, and I advise camping the tier you want, or multipledging other tiers you might like (king+collector for example.)

Sorry if it sounds rude, but they have never expressed an intent to add tiers or extend current tiers with more slots. If they wanted to do that, they would have never added a year of free drafts.

tgm0112
05-29-2013, 07:08 AM
And seeing as they're well on their way to being 500% funded by the end of the 30 days, there's literally no motivation to budge from their stance.

I have wondered, though, if the year of free drafts counts from beta or full release. If the latter, may one still expect free drafts during beta as a free period?

Xenavire
05-29-2013, 07:10 AM
And seeing as they're well on their way to being 500% funded by the end of the 30 days, there's literally no motivation to budge from their stance.

I have wondered, though, if the year of free drafts counts from beta or full release. If the latter, may one still expect free drafts during beta as a free period?

They will count from the moment you can spend real money and are able to keep cards.

lord_simon3
05-29-2013, 07:25 AM
I expect lots of hateful answers, but the ONLY way I will be able to support this KS is if they add another tier similar to Pro, or a spot in Pro opens up. I've debated with myself and came to the conclusion that the only way I will be able to stay competitive is by being able to get a lifetime draft option as I can't continue to spend that much money on a consistent basis buying packs.

jai151
05-29-2013, 07:30 AM
I expect lots of hateful answers, but the ONLY way I will be able to support this KS is if they add another tier similar to Pro, or a spot in Pro opens up. I've debated with myself and came to the conclusion that the only way I will be able to stay competitive is by being able to get a lifetime draft option as I can't continue to spend that much money on a consistent basis buying packs.

If you don't believe you can get good enough in a year to sustainable draft (IE Win enough from drafting to be able to continue to do so by using won packs and trading excess packs to cover the entry fee), then your only hope is to join the folks autorefreshing Kickstarter.

Digital_Aether
05-29-2013, 07:33 AM

It's your call to make on whether or not you can afford things. I assume you're a constructed player, and that can be an expensive mode. If you feel it's the only way you can afford to play, try and get a PP slot. There will be a lot of shifting tiers near the end of the campaign and you should be able to grab one if you try for it. There are threads that mention ways to improve your luck of getting one (browser extensions, etc.). The PvE content of the game sounds pretty great, and there's not the emphasis on constant pack buying. Your decision is your own, and hard responses are generally more when people suggest what other people (namely CZE) should do.

elsimer
05-29-2013, 08:00 AM
also, as despicable and questionable as I personally find it there is the possibility that someone will try to sell their Pro account on eBay after the KS ends (or possibly before). Keep in mind that I don't think there's a way to verify the account is a PP nor to guarantee delivery. Honestly, I'm surprised nobody is listing them yet but maybe CZE is working with eBay to keep them delisted.

lord_simon3
05-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I've been using Chrome with autorefresh for a total of about 8 hours over the last 5 days or so, and had a spot open up 3 times. But within the 5 seconds it takes me to switch back to chrome the spot is already gone. As a old MTG player from the early days I really want to play this. And buying a second-hand account is not an option for me. I don't trust those type of sales at all.

Gwaer
05-29-2013, 08:22 AM
I am currently sitting on a second GK account that I am debating giving to my wife/letting friends play on it etc. Not sure I want to drop 500 bucks on either of those things though, so it might open up sometime... Or I might just spend 2k on this game. I really never can tell what I will do in any given situation.

ForgedSol
05-29-2013, 08:26 AM
I am currently sitting on a second GK account that I am debating giving to my wife/letting friends play on it etc. Not sure I want to drop 500 bucks on either of those things though, so it might open up sometime... Or I might just spend 2k on this game. I really never can tell what I will do in any given situation.

Yup. Never can tell. I'm considering upgrading a GK I have to Primal. Been thinking about it the past three days. But I'm most likely not going to decide until the final day.

jai151
05-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Yup. Never can tell. I'm considering upgrading a GK I have to Primal. Been thinking about it the past three days. But I'm most likely not going to decide until the final day.

I keep debating adding a collector. I think if the drafts stacked I'd have done it by now

Zakatikus
05-29-2013, 09:07 AM
I think you can 'save' your KS booster packs to be used in a draft. Not as good as the whole forever thing - but extends the time period before youd need to pay

Zakatikus
05-29-2013, 09:10 AM
also, as despicable and questionable as I personally find it there is the possibility that someone will try to sell their Pro account on eBay after the KS ends (or possibly before). Keep in mind that I don't think there's a way to verify the account is a PP nor to guarantee delivery. Honestly, I'm surprised nobody is listing them yet but maybe CZE is working with eBay to keep them delisted.

This is the kind of thing you should just not say - so you don't give other people who haven't thought of it the idea. Now someone who might have downgraded will just hold onto it and try to make a quick buck.

Joolz
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM

So you can spend $250 for a PP but can't afford to buy packs to draft? I call shenanigans.

Indormi
05-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Oh man 2 GK account you are not doing the madman gambit, you are doing the "madgentleman" gambit xD. If you decide to spend less, think of the people of the collectors club ;)

Tyrfang
05-29-2013, 12:39 PM
It's a Grand Gambit.

lord_simon3
05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
So you can spend $250 for a PP but can't afford to buy packs to draft? I call shenanigans.

$200 is about all I can afford total. But spending $250 for a lifetime of drafts is doable. If I were to just spend money on drafts and play like that I'd run out of my $200 in about a year, possibly less. It's not about actually having the money, it's about how much I set aside for my gaming hobby. Making and sticking to a budget, it's the reason I have a credit score above 850.

Stok3d
05-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Making and sticking to a budget, it's the reason I have a credit score above 850.

Sorry, I call bs--your credit may be good, but you're pulling numbers out of thin air.

Gwaer
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Sorry, I call bs--your credit may be good, but you're pulling numbers out of thin air.
850 is the highest possible fico score, It's possible, but unlikely that he was talking about a vantagescore (which mostly no one cares about)... or is not from the united states and uses some other crazy range...

Odds are he was just saying BS on the internet though. That is what it's for afterall.

Stok3d
05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
850 is the highest possible fico score, It's possible, but unlikely that he was talking about a vantagescore (which mostly no one cares about)... or is not from the united states and uses some other crazy range...

Odds are he was just saying BS on the internet though. That is what it's for afterall.

Yeah, I was just considering you can't have over an 850 score on the top 3: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion ^ ^

lord_simon3
05-29-2013, 05:55 PM

This. It's been a couple years since I did the free credit score thing. I remember it was in the 800's but nothing more than that. I just guessed and apparently I guessed wrong if 850 is the max. My point still stands though. It's not about actually having the money, it's about making a budget and sticking to it.

Derium
05-29-2013, 10:40 PM

Or there is the fact eBay will ban your account for selling non-tangible items anyways. People are STILL learning that lesson with MTGO tix.

Besides, anyone who buys a GK HEX "account" right now is a sucker and someone will separate them from their money soon enough.

nearlysober
05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
It's not about actually having the money, it's about making a budget and sticking to it.
So... you've budget your entertainment expenses over the course of an entire year?
Wouldn't it be easier to budget $7 a week?

Or would that tarnish your IT'S OVER 9000!!! credit rating?

If you want to make irrational threats that you won't support their game, then just make them.
Don't pretend like it's anything else though.

Here's an idea. If $200 is your annual limit on TCGs... do 28 drafts a year. Problem solved.

Derium
05-29-2013, 11:17 PM
...tarnish your IT'S OVER 9000!!! credit rating?

Best thing I've read all week.