PDA

View Full Version : Having 2 Accounts

MisterBurkes
05-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Thinking about having a 2nd account for purely trading purposes via iPad. Is having 2+ accounts legal?

jai151
05-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Unknown at the moment. They are discouraging multiple accounts, but no one knows if they are outright disallowing them.

Digital_Aether
05-29-2013, 07:44 AM
They said that payment information will be unique, so you can't use the same credit card on multiple accounts. That's about the only clarification they've given.

MrCwis
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
I would like to have two accounts, simply because while my gf supports my TCG addiction she doesn't really play much. So i would have a second account where I could level the mercs for her to play or simply allow her to use my main account while I use a secondary one so that she can raid with me on those occasions that she feels like playing without being really far behind powerwise.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-29-2013, 07:55 AM
I got an extra King for my son so we can play together. However, he is not old enough to have a credit/debit card. I hope that they don't restrict accounts this way because I'm not opening up a credit card just so he can have his own account.

MisterBurkes
05-29-2013, 08:18 AM
As long as they don't give out free PvP boosters for a new account creation I don't see why having multiple accounts would be an issue, but I'd definitely like an official stance on this issue.

RobHaven
05-29-2013, 08:29 AM
I would like to have two accounts, simply because while my gf supports my TCG addiction she doesn't really play much. So i would have a second account where I could level the mercs for her to play or simply allow her to use my main account while I use a secondary one so that she can raid with me on those occasions that she feels like playing without being really far behind powerwise.

I'm in the same exact boat, and will be doing the same thing (except my second account will be shared by my brother and girlfriend).

As long as they don't give out free PvP boosters for a new account creation I don't see why having multiple accounts would be an issue, but I'd definitely like an official stance on this issue.

In another thread, they did address this. They stated that the only real issue will be a need for unique purchasing methods. Some people brought up having only one pay method between them (father/son, husband/wife, etc), and they were recommended to have one buying account control the spending, and trade as desired to the second account. There didn't seem to be any issue from the Crypto employee regarding having two accounts using one IP address (or anything along those lines).

Rapkannibale
05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
I got an extra King for my son so we can play together. However, he is not old enough to have a credit/debit card. I hope that they don't restrict accounts this way because I'm not opening up a credit card just so he can have his own account.

If they do have this restriction I think you could just buy stuff on your main account and trade it to your son. Not ideal but would work. Or you can probably contact customer support and explain the situation.

But an official word on this issue would be nice. :)

Mushroom_C1oud
05-29-2013, 08:40 AM
If they do have this restriction I think you could just buy stuff on your main account and trade it to your son. Not ideal but would work. Or you can probably contact customer support and explain the situation.

But an official word on this issue would be nice. :)

As long as having a credit/debit card isn't required to open the account, that would be fine.

BossHoss
05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
This is an official statement through personal message

CZE: "Yes, you can hold multiple accounts and you'll have to figure out how you want all this merged into the two accounts. Again, we'll work with you when the game comes out to do this."