PDA

View Full Version : Should I Be Feeling Guilty?

Stok3d
05-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Preface: I've been obviously talking to my wife a lot about this game and my recent actions on selling out of other games. Along with discussing Hex, I've found myself mentioning Tablets a lot too. Neither of us own one, nor did we have any intention to. However, Cory somehow subliminally implanted tablet thoughts into my head so we talk about them frequenty. Now we're both to a point we wouldn't mind having one.

Issue: Wedding Anniversary around the corner and I'm thinking of getting her a tablet. However, there is a STRONG underlying desire to take it from her as soon as Hex comes out. Yeah, basically I'll give to her for a couple months knowing that I'll take away. Sounds like a win-win!!! Problem is, she'll see right through my trickery :)

What do I do? I may as well just get my name engraved on it :p

Talreth
05-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Get her something else; what if she gets you a tablet?

Gwaer
05-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Buy her two tablets?

Gwaer
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Get her something else; what if she gets you a tablet?
Once again we are divided on the issue Talreth.

katkillad
05-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes you should feel guilty.

Talreth
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Once again we are divided on the issue Talreth.

Well, all he asked is what he should do. I figure the thing he should do is get her a gift that she'd like and use for a long time. Now would I do that if I were him? Tough to say.

Dralon
05-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah, i think the only option is to go tablet shopping together :)

CoolGrayAJ
05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't feel guilty at all. There are plenty ways your wife can get some benefit out of the tablet, and you'll still be able to play on the PC while she uses the tablet anyway.

Shadowelf
05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
1)Teach her to play hex for a shared experience
2)Buy her something else while expressing ur desire for a tablet as ur gift
3)Buy two tablets
4)Persuade urself that pc offers a better experience after all

shocker455
05-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Buy the tablet and wrap it once. Put a card on it. Now wrap it a 2nd time. (the card is now in between the 2 wrappings)

On the card it says, I am giving you the gift of, giving your loved one happiness. Now she has a wrapped present to give to you :p

nicosharp
05-29-2013, 02:34 PM
That is funny. Yes, the tablet stretch goal had me commandeer my wifes IPAD 2 I bought her, that she hasnt used all year.

That little device is pretty damn amazing. I will just say that the SolForge Beta is awesome, and watching HBO GO in bed, or while doing random tedious stuff makes the questionable purchase a year ago, all worth it.

Stok3d
05-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Some good points made. All that I can say is that this little guy on my shoulder jabbing me with this pitch fork is annoying.

What if I said it like this come Hex Beta: "The first tablet I bought for us to try out. If this is a hit, I can get you the new Galaxy one coming out around Christmas. (Oh god, now I'm getting a Christmas Present taken care of too--this hole is getting deep!)

Buy the tablet and wrap it once. Put a card on it. Now wrap it a 2nd time. (the card is now in between the 2 wrappings)

On the card it says, I am giving you the gift of, giving your loved one happiness. Now she has a wrapped present to give to you :p

lol--i like that! Very clever.

houjix
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
The wife and I both got tablets for Christmas from her parents. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if we had to share one.

katkillad
05-29-2013, 02:38 PM
You shouldn't lie to your wife.

Chance
05-29-2013, 02:42 PM
You bought Dragon lord + 2 Pro's just get her a tablet and when Tablet function is released you can afford to get your own, griefing over this is ridiculous

Lochar
05-29-2013, 02:44 PM

He's not lying. It's honestly hers... For a couple of months.

Then, in the spirit of surprising his wife, he buys her a brand new one out of the blue. Happy Labor Day, honey! Then he gets the two month old one.

And if she's not entranced with the tablet, bonus. No need to buy a second tablet.

ForgedSol
05-29-2013, 02:46 PM
So you're going to be like Homer in the Simpsons episode where he gives Marge a bowling ball. She resents him for it cause she sees through the gift and decides to go to a bowling alley to learn how to bowl, where she meets a dark and mysterious man who offers to teach her. She ends up very nearly being swept away by him and Homer is barely able to save his marriage!

Don't be Homer!

Or... watch out for handsome strangers at your local Tablet hangout, where people are good at using tablets?

Stok3d
05-29-2013, 02:46 PM

You bought Dragon lord + 2 Pro's just get her a tablet and when Tablet function is released you can afford to get your own, griefing over this is ridiculous

I found it more of a light-hearted yet almost humorous spot to be in. I figured someone may get a laugh as they could almost find themselves in the same predicament if they gifted one. Smile :)

Don't be Homer!

Know what's funny, I was trying to think of what cartoon this reminded me of--thought it was Fred Flinstone that gave Wilma a bowling ball that he really wanted. Seems it was Homer. Doh!

Jotora
05-29-2013, 02:48 PM
You shouldn't lie to your wife.Exactly. You should never get married.

nylian
05-29-2013, 02:52 PM
1)Teach her to play hex for a shared experience
3)Buy two tablets
4)Persuade urself that pc offers a better experience after all

These are your only options imho. All others do not lead to victory.

I did #1

Genocidal
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
If you have to ask...

jai151
05-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd also vote for the His and Hers tablet option.

OmarEpps
05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah man you sound like a bad husband and if I ever met your wife I bet I could snag her.

Lochar
05-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah man you sound like a bad husband and if I ever met your wife I bet I could snag her.

You only say that because you hope she'd bring the username/password for his DL account with her. :P

OmarEpps
05-29-2013, 04:08 PM
LOL

No, but seriously I say that because I am smooth as shit after a fuckton of fiber.

Milamber
05-30-2013, 05:44 AM

Dude that is GOLD...! So pulling this off on something.

EdwardBishop
06-08-2013, 03:51 AM
read "Gift of the Magi"

seriously though, you should just get each-other one so you both have one!