PDA

View Full Version : Will KS tiers be reserved in case of payment error?

Kolokee
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
This is my first time multi-pledging to a single KS project, so I'm unfamiliar with how it works exactly. So what I did in order to pledge for the same tier multiple times, is use different KS accounts each backing the same Hex tier which are all linked to the same Amazon payments account.

Like many others, I started at a lower tier, then talked myself up to a higher tier and changed my pledge amount. I would then receive an email about the successful pledge change, but when looking at my Amazon payment account I could still see the previous authorized Amazon payments as active. So to clear things up, I may have unnecessarily complicated things by canceling the lower payment amount authorizations, now all that remains are the current correct authorization amounts.

This lead me to wonder how the payment process works, as on KS it says "you will not be charged more than X amount". So, if I have 3 separate KS accounts, each attempting to pay for the same X amount to the same company on the same amazon account, will the amazon payments know what I'm trying to do and allow the total 3X amount to be charged to the account? If not, will my KS tiers be reserved for me for at least a few days until I can authorize another payment a different way?

Possibly over-thinking this whole thing, but I'd really like to get some clarification. Because if this is a problem, it will occur during processing, obviously after the KS ends, and I'd hate to lose out on the amazing KS bonuses.

Thanks!

-Kolokee

Zomnivore
05-29-2013, 06:39 PM
If you have any errors you have about 3 days to a week to fix it, from my previous experience backing ks.

You're probably over thinking it unless your company goes wtf this is a lot of weird activity and cancels the payments on your behalf.

Temig
05-29-2013, 09:03 PM
If you cancelled an "active" authorization (one that is actually the one being used for a pledge still) you should have received an email from KS saying as such and asking you to provide a new payment method.
Beyond that, if you have no such issues, then yes, Amazon will treat each payment authorization for each pledge as a separate transaction to process at the end of the funding period. The "you will not be charged more than..." bit on the confirmation page is solely with regard to that individual payment authorization, not your Amazon payment account as a whole.
IF there end up being issues (declined card or whatnot) you will then receive emails from both Amazon and Kickstarter letting you know the transaction failed and Kickstarter will provide you time (around a week I believe) to fix the issue(s).

darkbreaker
05-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I guess you can change pledge values by $1 diff between each

Derium
05-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Or you can just paypal the cash to them now via their website, and skip the whole multi-Ks accounts. I locked in on a GK on Ks, and PP them for my other tiers.