PDA

View Full Version : We have achieved LEGENDARY status!

jai151
05-30-2013, 05:24 AM
With $1,423,961 on Kickstarter and $88,110 in Paypal, we have crossed the threshold!

Tablet support is a go, so we can all now officially poop and draft simultaneously. Congrats guys!

TZHX
05-30-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm much less likely to mistake a tablet for a piece of toilet paper; as I would a Magic card; so that's good news.

LexC
05-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Happy Happy... Now a 2mill Stretch Goal please :)

DownsMan
05-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Yayyy and I'm getting a new iPad just in time

RiceBucket
05-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Was considering an ipad mini for portability. Wonder if the screen would be large enough for this game?

Vengus
05-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Kyle will wrestle a bear.

Indormi
05-30-2013, 05:47 AM
while playing hex with his tablet!

jai151
05-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Was considering an ipad mini for portability. Wonder if the screen would be large enough for this game?

I'd wait for the next generation of the mini. The screen size should be fine, but the resolution of the current mini sucks, the next may have a retina display.

RiceBucket
05-30-2013, 05:51 AM
I'd wait for the next generation of the mini. The screen size should be fine, but the resolution of the current mini sucks, the next may have a retina display.

Good idea. (Presumably) 2nd gen ipad mini should come out around end of the year anyway.

Talreth
05-30-2013, 05:52 AM
I have like...a first gen ipad. Get on my level

Deadpool319
05-30-2013, 05:55 AM

My name is Kyle, so every time I see this brought up on the forum I have to do a spit-take. I'll let OP_Kyle handle the bears.

BossHoss
I have like...a first gen ipad. Get on my level

I have a first gen from the first day also. Time for an upgrade since DotP crashes every match.

Voices
Great to see this!

Tinuvas
05-30-2013, 06:01 AM

This actually needs to be addressed (semi) seriously. I mean, if we DID hit 2 mil, I am going to need proof of a bear fight. Just someone SAYING it happened...not good enough for me. I propose that for proof we demand a card (in set 1 or some future release, I don't care) with picture proof of said fight. Use the best artists available! No cost too big!...or something.

To miss this chance to build the tradition and lore of the game would be truly a loss.

volkmar77
05-30-2013, 06:07 AM
MTG cards make poor toilet paper. They make much better kindling, tsk amateurs.

Yay! for Tablet support!

hexinggems
05-30-2013, 06:15 AM

Yes please! Maybe a 1.75 mil first, yes I am greedy! I want more functionality as opposed to more perks though to be honest!

Genocidal
05-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm fine with no more stretch goals. Adding more stretch goals will reignite the debate about adding more in-between tiers and that's already been done to death. Plus, I'd rather them stick to a feature set they're comfortable with and confident they can deliver in a timely fashion instead of adding more things that sound cool but may delay the game or not work properly right away and give off a bad first impression. Say no to scope creep!

jai151
05-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm fine with no more stretch goals. Adding more stretch goals will reignite the debate about adding more in-between tiers and that's already been done to death. Plus, I'd rather them stick to a feature set they're comfortable with and confident they can deliver in a timely fashion instead of adding more things that sound cool but may delay the game or not work properly right away and give off a bad first impression. Say no to scope creep!

I'm with you on this. If they were to do anything as a further stretch goal, I think it needs to be something simple and adaptive. 5 set 2 packs per 100k over 1.5 mil for every tier. Something like that.

Fireblast
05-30-2013, 06:23 AM
$2M : Translation in german, french, spanish, italian, chinese, japanese, korean

~

jai151
05-30-2013, 06:29 AM
$2M : Translation in german, french, spanish, italian, chinese, japanese, korean

~

You forgot Klingon and Esperanto =P

Fireblast
05-30-2013, 06:30 AM

Mine are languages with eventual backers :D

~

Kami
05-30-2013, 06:30 AM

Don't forget Bork!

Mushroom_C1oud
05-30-2013, 06:31 AM

Might as well add sign language then

jai151
05-30-2013, 06:32 AM
Don't forget Bork!

And Pirate! And Yosemite Sam! And Foghorn, I say Foghorn Leghorn!

Can we get the guy from SNL who shouts for the hard of hearing?

Hatts
05-30-2013, 06:52 AM

Kyle wrestling Cory dressed in a bear costume is also acceptible.

Swordmage
05-30-2013, 06:57 AM

~

I have received confirmation of localized versions from CZE in response to a question I asked about the French version. I don't want to waste a stretch goal on something they'll do anyways.

Temig
05-30-2013, 07:03 AM
I have a first gen from the first day also. Time for an upgrade since DotP crashes every match.

Yeah... my first gen is still holding in there fine but so many apps end up crashing due to their memory requirements. It's disappointing in a way because, like I said, it's holding up fine and except for the memory issue, I'd be perfectly content with it and not spending more money for a new one.

More on topic... While I'm not SUPER excited for tablet support, I can certainly appreciate what it will allow. I'm sure if I was able to take mass transit to work I'd be thrilled, but as it is now, more often than not if I have the time/ability to sit down and play, I'll have access to a PC to do so on. I'm sure I'll still use it to be lazy at home, when visiting the parents, or on vacation though... Plus the infusion of players tablet support means should be huge for the support and longevity of the game which is a win for everyone.

Mysidia
05-30-2013, 07:08 AM
hurray!!!!
with tablet it means ability to game anywhere!!!!

TheProphet
05-30-2013, 07:10 AM

most games have a tap yo zoom on a card . i love my mini

and on a second note this is Great!
cant wait to draft while the wife thinks im watching T.V. with her.

Punk
05-30-2013, 07:20 AM

~

They said that this will be added after launch.

Diplo
05-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Well then you might as well add Swedish to the game and an ABBA soundtrack to make sure I feel extra patriotic while kicking card butt.

FranzVonG
05-30-2013, 07:27 AM
This actually needs to be addressed (semi) seriously. I mean, if we DID hit 2 mil, I am going to need proof of a bear fight. Just someone SAYING it happened...not good enough for me. I propose that for proof we demand a card (in set 1 or some future release, I don't care) with picture proof of said fight. Use the best artists available! No cost too big!...or something.

To miss this chance to build the tradition and lore of the game would be truly a loss.

^^This^^

MrCwis
05-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Mine are languages with eventual backers :D

~

They don't have to be klingon they just have to speak it, i'm sure they'll be 3 people who play this game and speak klingon. Or what if we used the game to learn how to read Klingon.

and ya screw Esperanto.

Diplo
05-30-2013, 07:37 AM
How about instead of languages, they just add a an IKEA instruction catalog to explain what to do. I mean we all assemble our IKEA furniture without leaving any spare parts... right....?

OP_Kyle
05-30-2013, 07:39 AM

You're killin' me bro.

No, literally killing me...

Diplo
05-30-2013, 07:46 AM
No one said it couldn't be a stuffed bear Kyle.

TheWackyWombat
You're killin' me bro.

Don't be silly, Tinuvas isn't a bear.

Diplo
Or a bear in a stuffed bear suit! Wait no , that is like a russian nesting doll of hurt....

Temig
05-30-2013, 07:48 AM
You're killin' me bro.

Just go here (http://www.clarkstradingpost.com/). You can thank me later.

Mr.Funsocks
05-30-2013, 09:14 AM

Which one? Every country has their own sign language :-P Besides, most Deaf people can read English fine nowadays.

MasterN64
05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
With all these bear jokes we gotta have a card in the next set.

Kyle the Bear Wrastler
2 cost
1 green threshold
2/1
Inspire: As another troop with cost equal to or greater than this troop's cost enters play under your control it gains permanent Crush.
Lore: AHHHHH ITS KILLING ME! GET IT OFF!

Bonus if its a vanity card and its got a pic of a bear mauling you on it.

jai151
05-30-2013, 09:34 AM
With all these bear jokes we gotta have a card in the next set.

Kyle the Bear Wrastler
2 cost
1 green threshold
2/1
Inspire: As another troop with cost equal to or greater than this troop's cost enters play under your control it gains permanent Crush.
Lore: AHHHHH ITS KILLING ME! GET IT OFF!

Bonus if its a vanity card and its got a pic of a bear mauling you on it.

Whenever a troop of type Bear enters the battlefield, Kyle deals damage equal to his power to it and that troop deals damage equal to its power to Kyle.

Or even more in the "wrestling" vein...

You may choose not to untap Kyle during your untap step.

Tap: Tap target Bear. While Kyle is tapped, that troop does not untap during its controller's untap step.

MasterN64
05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
You could stick him in PVE too where he starts as a 5/5 but when a bear appears on the opponent's board he becomes a 1/1 defensive troop untill it leaves play.

Chance
05-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Kyle the Bear Wrestler
2 cost
1 Wild threshold
1/1
Speed
When Kyle enters play create a 2/2 bear, at the end of turn sacrifice Kyle and permantly increase Bear's stats by 1/1
Exhaust Kyle: Kyle enters the fetal position with 10% chance to avoid being sacrificed

Stok3d
05-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Congrats everyone for helping us hit our last goal!